VN Ren'Py Abandoned Courtship: A Dance with Love [v0.3.1] [Professor Historian]

4.30 star(s) 14 Votes

Who is your favorite love interest so far?

• Total voters

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
ah man Emma is hot, redheads should be illegal

any French mademoiselle to pursue? hehe
I love Emma!

Yes, one of the main LI will be half-French which will cause some tension since the game is set around the Napoleonic Era. If I can have enough patrons I'll add a lot of staff to Montagu Garden and Hollow Hill, and someone will definitely be French, or maybe one of the actresses/singers the Marquess will spend time with.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Done!

I checked the tag definition on the forum and it seemed to fit: "Harem [1 person being courted by at least 3 others, all engaging in consensual sex simultaneously.]" The Marquess, if he wants to, will be able to court more than one love interest, and they won't all be quiet little angels. And then you add the side characters, such as the mistresses, and he can have quite the harem. And like he said in the Prologue, if he has to marry someone he doesn't really want, he will keep his mistresses.

What do you think? Do you think it fits the tag?
It fits, but you better be clear that fans of the harem genre are only happy if the MC ends up in a relationship with all the LIs, and that's what they expect when they see harem between the tags. If it isn't going to be like that, it's preferable that you say it on the initial page and in a very clear (and big) way before including the tag so that everyone is warned, because when you include it, having the tag romance as well, you're going to see a lot of vanilla harem fans coming through.

Personally, since I only play one ending, I'm not a big fan of having to choose, in fact I don't like it, so I don't think I'm interested in the game.

Jash83

Jun 8, 2019
When I saw...dating sim...Regency Era...my first thought was:
View attachment 2281183
I think you're off to a good start! Look forward to seeing more!
"Tally-ho, my fine, saucy young trollop! Your luck's in! Trip along here with all your cash and some naughty night attire... and you'll be staring at my bedroom ceiling from now 'til Christmas, you lucky tart! Yours with the deepest respect, et cetera, signed, George. P.S. Woof woof!"

• Haha
Reactions: Professor Historian

DougDimmadope

May 21, 2020
I love Emma!

Yes, one of the main LI will be half-French which will cause some tension since the game is set around the Napoleonic Era. If I can have enough patrons I'll add a lot of staff to Montagu Garden and Hollow Hill, and someone will definitely be French, or maybe one of the actresses/singers the Marquess will spend time with.
Ah okay, interesting!
If this was during the continental blockade than england was in pretty rough shape.

Last edited:

baklol

Aug 13, 2018
well different story but that rpg tag stopped me if rpg removed it can be a good game with more audience

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Okay, I think I get it. Players get attached to their favourite love interest, and they don't want to share, even with another female LI.

Maya was my number 1 in BaK, but after what happened, she fell pretty hard.
But, that story also included a great choice for Jose, Maya and MC to become part of thuruple (2 girls, 1 guy) relationship. And their union worked well in that story, but I still hoped MC could have built an even larger group (a harem path) instead. ;) .

As most men already live the monogamy relationship in real life, but fictionally fantasize to have more than one partner, to explore and experience more intermate moments.

4.30 star(s) 14 Votes