VN Ren'Py Abandoned Courtship: A Dance with Love [v0.3.1] [Professor Historian]

4.30 star(s) 14 Votes

Who is your favorite love interest so far?

• Total voters

SantiPe

Oct 25, 2021
I got the thread back, thanks to everyone who already have replied, liked and posted helpful links. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions, and I hope you enjoy the game!

Yeah, I looked at the definition, I'm not sure there will be a lot of that due to the setting of the game. All the love interests will be single, and you will have to choose a bride depending on what you value: money, status, love, etc. Of course it's still early to say, but the game will probably end with a wedding (and some tragedy) :)
Poligam weeding? And also an end with a lot of tears in your eyes or an end that can hurt but it's necessary to have realistic?

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
I see great potential with this one. Great start!
- The tags I use are the ones defined here: https://f95zone.to/threads/tags-rules-and-list-updated-2023-02-03.10394/. Sure, I can add a warning for the Harem tag saying it's not a harem with all love interests, but the problem is it's still a game in development and I might add it as a bonus ending just because my most vocal supporter since day 1 has asked me for one and I want to thank him for his unwavering support. The short answer is, I don't know yet.
There is another way MC could marry them all. One after the other. Henry VIII style. Divorced, beheaded, died, divorced, beheaded, survived. :p :devilish:

(Yes, this is a joke, please don't take it seriously)

Hawka1O7

Dec 25, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Dang, this is more elaborate then I'd expected. I'm trying to play a please everyone until I have to make a decision kind of style right now so like that one instance with Ann I seem to end up missing more then I'd expected. Definitely some kind of walkthrough or replay gallery feature once this is finished for those completionists out there would be nice I think :unsure:

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
How does the relationship progression work? Does MC get a enough of a chance to meet and date all of the girls he's interest in (…meets them multi times getting acquainted, and then eventually maybe having a small taste of varied types of intimacies with them...before the option to choose the one or maybe more than one...)?

I have found from other titles using a single choice path (romance path), they seem to implement the rejection and closure path at their first meet, or shortly after. Thus not allowing a player the time to get to know all of the love interests (future and present), before the choice to choose that one girl. This is one of the reasons why I prefer titles that have a harem path choice, as it allows a player the choice to reject all but one girl path mid way in the story, or reject none of the girls to have a large circle of Li's.

Also, around that era of the story, I believe it wouldn't be unheard of for a good-looking wealthy man to have the trophy wife as a front, in order for him to keep up a social appearances...all while hiding a number of other woman who would have joined him to be part of a silent part of a relationship circle. (a type of harem) This path type could open up more interest with the harem community fans, as many fans tend to avoid titles with just the romance path choice (and definitely the NTR content). But, if a harem path was ever implemented...I'd hope MC was packing better than average, to please his circle of ladies...Thus making that a believable favorite path for many. ;)

Last edited:

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
The Marquess will have ample time to get to know all love interests since it's the social season in London. The only time he will stop courting them is if the player makes the conscious decision of dropping a LI that doesn't interest them. I have no intention of putting hard blocks on some love interests at the moment. Plus it fits the era, since no woman except maybe a duchess, a princess or a queen could say no to meeting with a marquess. You could potentially marry any of the love interests, but will she be happy about it? If you go out of your way to piss her off, maybe not.

There is a planned harem route at the moment, as defined by F95Zone. Also, a nobleman with two mistresses he provided for was quite common, so it's a planned ending for sure, not to mention some LIs will be more open-minded than others.

I hope this answers your questions!

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
The Marquess will have ample time to get to know all love interests since it's the social season in London. The only time he will stop courting them is if the player makes the conscious decision of dropping a LI that doesn't interest them. I have no intention of putting hard blocks on some love interests at the moment. Plus it fits the era, since no woman except maybe a duchess, a princess or a queen could say no to meeting with a marquess. You could potentially marry any of the love interests, but will she be happy about it? If you go out of your way to piss her off, maybe not.

There is a planned harem route at the moment, as defined by F95Zone. Also, a nobleman with two mistresses he provided for was quite common, so it's a planned ending for sure, not to mention some LIs will be more open-minded than others.

I do hope that there is route where you can get everyone, but you could make it extremely challenging to pull off. :D

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
I do hope that there is route where you can get everyone, but you could make it extremely challenging to pull off. :D
Now I got another idea on how to make them share everyone. Sally turns out to be an excellent spy. Behind MC's back she collects dirt on all the LIs and blackmails them into accepting sharing MC. Because Sally thinks she has no chance otherwise. It will surely be a harmonious harem, right? :cool:

• Wow
Reactions: EndlessNights

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Now I got another idea on how to make them share everyone. Sally turns out to be an excellent spy. Behind MC's back she collects dirt on all the LIs and blackmails them into accepting sharing MC. Because Sally thinks she has no chance otherwise. It will surely be a harmonious harem, right? :cool:
I mean, if Sally manages to make everyone share everything and everyone, that alone would give enough dirt to keep them in it, considering how people regarded lesbian and bisexuals during those times. Thankfully that kind of discrimination isn't quite as common now days. :p

Reactions: bacienvu88

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021

Does that also mean by the end of the game we could stick to one love interest i prefer being monogamous?

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
I must say I love all the ideas I see floating around :D I'm not completly excluding a harem ending at the moment, one of the planned endings could actually work with a harem ending, but I just don't want to make any promise as long as I'm not sure if it can fit with the type of story I want to tell.

Does that also mean by the end of the game we could stick to one love interest i prefer being monogamous?
Absolutely! If you're the romantic type and you fall in love with one LI and want to stick with her, you will have plenty of opportunities to court her to your heart's content.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I must say I love all the ideas I see floating around :D I'm not completly excluding a harem ending at the moment, one of the planned endings could actually work with a harem ending, but I just don't want to make any promise as long as I'm not sure if it can fit with the type of story I want to tell.

Absolutely! If you're the romantic type and you fall in love with one LI and want to stick with her, you will have plenty of opportunities to court her to your heart's content.
Cool yeah i admit it i'm a bit of a romantic i think that's why i have never really seen the appeal of harems to be honest.

4.30 star(s) 14 Votes