VN Ren'Py Abandoned Courtship: A Dance with Love [v0.3.1] [Professor Historian]

4.30 star(s) 14 Votes

Who is your favorite love interest so far?

• Total voters

fleetp

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2018
I must say I love all the ideas I see floating around :D I'm not completly excluding a harem ending at the moment, one of the planned endings could actually work with a harem ending, but I just don't want to make any promise as long as I'm not sure if it can fit with the type of story I want to tell.
As a (former) writer of visual novels, my advice is to write your story the way you want to write it.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Sure she looks hot but is she as awesome as sally? I guess we will find out won't we:D

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I'm really on the fence about her, because I already have 6 LIs in my game, but god I love her, and I'm still thinking about her being the "hard mode" of the game...
Personaly i'm in favor and i like her being the hard mode.
But more important, if you love her, then do it. I know, more work, but don't you think it's worth it if you look at the game as a whole ? Just make her the last addition ;)

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Sure she looks hot but is she as awesome as sally? I guess we will find out won't we:D
You would be hard-pressed to find someone sweeter than Sally in the whole game, especially not a spoiled princess :D

Personaly i'm in favor and i like her being the hard mode.
But more important, if you love her, then do it. I know, more work, but don't you think it's worth it if you look at the game as a whole ? Just make her the last addition ;)
I think I'll do a poll about it on Patreon and see how patrons feel about it, but I'd love to make her a LI eventually.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I'm really on the fence about her, because I already have 6 LIs in my game, but god I love her, and I'm still thinking about her being the "hard mode" of the game...
For what it's worth, my advice would be to stick to the current LIs. We have a good mix already, and if there's one thing I've learned following the development of AVNs it's that the game balloons very quickly once you're out of the setup. Even if the game is fairly linear and doesn't have much cross-path interaction to complicate coding, adding another LI is just one more character to compete for limited screen time.

Granted, I may change my mind once I see her in action, but adding Shirley is definitely not without cost.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Make her the ultimate secret LI, that will only be available on harem route. Basically only becoming interested in MC after witnessing all the other ladies going after him. :p

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
For what it's worth, my advice would be to stick to the current LIs. We have a good mix already, and if there's one thing I've learned following the development of AVNs it's that the game balloons very quickly once you're out of the setup. Even if the game is fairly linear and doesn't have much cross-path interaction to complicate coding, adding another LI is just one more character to compete for limited screen time.

Granted, I may change my mind once I see her in action, but adding Shirley is definitely not without cost.
Yeah, I see what you mean. You just need to look at BaDIK to see how much more complex it got, even with just 5 LIs.

Make her the ultimate secret LI, that will only be available on harem route. Basically only becoming interested in MC after witnessing all the other ladies going after him. :p
I honestly thought about it for a harem route. Because if you marry the Princess, then you become...

Last edited:

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
There is only 4 spots left for the PROMO tier on , which lets you subscribe to the highest tier at a discount! Grab one before they are all gone!

1679936244808.png

Reactions: ename144

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
game_menu.png

COURTSHIP: A DANCE WITH LOVE CHAPTER I (VERSION 0.2.2)

Hello everyone,

I just published the latest version of Courtship: A Dance with Love. If you have already played through Chapter I, this update only contains minor changes, but if you haven't yet, now is the perfect time to jump in!

WHAT IS THIS GAME ABOUT?

Courtship: A Dance with Love is a choice-driven adult visual novel set in the Regency Era. You play as a young Marquess who has the difficult task of finding a bride and sire an heir. You will have to make a choice between a lot of different ladies all with their own dreams and aspirations. Will you go for money, beauty, social status... or love?

Chapter I has just released and is packed with over 500 images, 1 animated scene, 12 songs, 3 sounds, 15 special renders, a stats system and a buttload of choices that will let you replay the game again and again to experience different paths and ladies.

WHY SHOULD I BECOME A PATRON?

I'm at the beginning of my journey as a writer and game developer and every new patron I get helps me devote more time to Courtship and buy more assets. The unique setting of the game could allow me to create some great scenarios involving duels, masquerades, grandiose balls, court intrigues, estate management, secrets societies and so on. By becoming my patron, you help me broaden the scope of the game and support its continuous development.

And of course, your support will be rewarded with some neat perks! The prices shown in the tiers are monthly donations, paid up-front, that you can stop at any time. Please check the tiers for more information on the rewards you will get for your pledge.

You can play the latest public version ( and ) of the game for free and if you like what you see, please think about subscribing to my page so I can keep creating bigger and better content. If you want to support the development of the game without the hassle of paying for a monthly subscription, you can always use the ! Any donation is greatly appreciated.

Changelog

- Corrected typos
- Improved some renders
- Edited an incorrect variable

Last edited:

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
View attachment 2518355

Hello everyone,

I just published the latest version of Courtship: A Dance with Love. If you have already played through the chapter, this update only contains minor changes, but if you haven't yet, now is the perfect time to jump in!

WHAT IS THIS GAME ABOUT?

Courtship: A Dance with Love is a choice-driven adult visual novel set in the Regency Era. You play as a young Marquess who has the difficult task of finding a bride and sire an heir. You will have to make a choice between a lot of different ladies all with their own dreams and aspirations. Will you go for money, beauty, social status... or love?

Chapter I has just released and is packed with over 500 images, 1 animated scene, 12 songs, 3 sounds, 15 special renders, a stats system and a buttload of choices that will let you replay the game again and again to experience different paths and ladies.

WHY SHOULD I BECOME A PATRON?

I'm at the beginning of my journey as a writer and game developer and every new patron I get helps me devote more time to Courtship and buy more assets. The unique setting of the game could allow me to create some great scenarios involving duels, masquerades, grandiose balls, court intrigues, estate management, secrets societies and so on. By becoming my patron, you help me broaden the scope of the game and support its continuous development.

And of course, your support will be rewarded with some neat perks! The prices shown in the tiers are monthly donations, paid up-front, that you can stop at any time. Please check the tiers for more information on the rewards you will get for your pledge.

You can play the latest public version (Win/Linux and Mac) of the game for free and if you like what you see, please think about subscribing to my page so I can keep creating bigger and better content. If you want to support the development of the game without the hassle of paying for a monthly subscription, you can always use the ! Any donation is greatly appreciated.

Changelog

- Corrected typos
- Improved some renders
- Edited an incorrect variable
so, practically nothing new here?
are patreon and public versions any different?

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
CourtshipADanceWithLove-0.2.2
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

4.30 star(s) 14 Votes