VN Ren'Py Completed Crimson Gray: Dusk And Dawn [Final] [Sierra Lee]

4.30 star(s) 7 Votes

venoxis

Feb 27, 2018
played the first game yesterday before playing this one, although there weren't a whole lots of 18+ stuff the game was very good. looking forward to the second one, although im hesitating...what op mean by ''it's the IGG version here. Saying this just because you can't delete their files'' if download the game i'll never be able to delete the file? the heck? its prob just badly phrased but if it mean it the way its said, then that's pretty much like a ...malware/virus

TheHologram

Feb 15, 2018
The IGG files get recreated every time you play if you delete them and gives you a notice about that. Annoying but not a virus.

I think Crimson Grey 2 is made if Sierra makes money from 1 and 1.5. I bought the first one since I only donate at her $5 level (she gave away at $10) though I think I should start getting these for how much I've donated over time.

Anyway, I really like what she did and only wish the bad endings were slightly more involved than just some text but I realize that is a lot to ask. I thought the bad endings were rather muted overall compared to the first one. I love her clever reuse of assets for women that Lizzie things are threats and the update of Aaron to show what she really thinks of him but yes more would be lovely.

maxdrell

Jun 7, 2017
How did you get the true ending
Just choose the following options,

John would want you to let it go (use the arrow keys to choose the option, as the mouse will fight you here)
Explain fully
Start making dinner
Have sex! (the mouse is REALLY insistent here, just go with it, it is the best option XD)
Ignore other and find John (all the text options here are actually different to what she really thinks, what you see when you highlight the options is her real thoughts)
Take John's idea
Have some fun (H-Scene 1)
Be quietly supportive (choosing the other is a horrendously bad choice)
Kill her (hover your cursor over options until you see once change to Don't kill her yet)
End the conversation and tell John all about it
Explain the thoughts that went into the notebook (NECESSARY FOR TRUE ENDING)
Ask John about it (choosing ignore just makes her worse then reloops the option)
...trust him. (make certain you choose the option without the capital letter! If you chose to explain notebook earlier you know why this is important)

Then enjoy the final H-Scene and ending!

PabloLorenzo

Oct 10, 2017
I found a guide on Steam to unlock all the achievments (which i could consider as a walkthrough), below is the walkthrough and what achievments it does unlock:

1st route:
✧ Review the story so far
★ Pick anything but the first choice. (create a save 1 before you choose any option)
✧ Explain fully
✧ Start making dinner
✧ Have sex!
✧ Ignore others and find John / Ignore targets and find John
✧ Take John's idea
✧ Have some fun
✧ Be quietly supportive

Achievments on this route:

College Days

Library Fun
Have fun with John in the libary.

Supportive
Sacrifice mental health for John's sake.

Mrs. Kelsey

2nd route:

✦ Save 1
✧ Don't kill her yet (15th choice)
✧ End the conversation and tell John all about it
✧ Explain the thoughts that went into the notebook
✧ Forget about it for now
✧ Ask John about it
✧ ...trust him. (bottom one)
✧ I do!

Achievments on this route:
Digital Murder

Bachelorette Party
Break wedding traditions.

True Wedding
Reach the canon ending.

3rd route:

✦ Load Save 1
✧ Kill her
✧ Slit her throat immediately

Achievment on this route:

Defending Him
Murder someone who got in the way.

4th route:

✦ Start a new game
✧ Review the story so far
✧ Kill the track team just to be safe
✧ Encourage Him
✧ Investigate the track team

Achievment on this route:
Protecting Him
Murder an innocent.

Since i haven't played the game yet i can't say if it's 100% correct, so if there's anything wrong with it don't forget to tell me

PabloLorenzo

Oct 10, 2017
If a Crimson Gray 2 is released some day i was thinking that it would be interesting if it had a dynamic where you play as John in some parts and as Lizzie in others, or at least you being able to choose if you wanted to play the game with John or Lizzie, would give interesting perspectives

PabloLorenzo

Oct 10, 2017
Just got the true ending, a pretty great and cute one, i do have to ask, did anyone manage to unlock all the CGs?

Reactions: FFTW
Sep 23, 2017
I belive I have all CGs, but I'm missing 3 portraits alternative versions. (Wierdly even tho the one where both of them are smilling is the one I have currently displayed on the main menu but it is not unlocked on the gallery)

falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
Who'd have thought avoiding your current prescription and taking your old meds was the correct choice?
The current prescription that your definitely shady psychiatrist gave you and pushes you to take more of? Yeah I'd have thought that. Besides, actually interacting with doctors teaches you that they don't always do their due diligence and sometimes don't have their best interest at heart.
Sierra Lee! Her/his games are good, check out The last sovereign if you havent already, is great.
Sierra is a girl; clue is in the name.
3rd one will be preggie Lizzie, calling it now.
That'd be fun. They can have cute yandere daughters (or even sons?) and bond over knives. The mother can be the one threatening the suitors with weapons for once, have a creepy insecure jealous mommy instead of creepy insecure jealous daddy. Then grandkids and more maybe, and John can look at his legacy as an old man and wonder at what he ended up unleashing on the unsuspecting world...

Sierra Lee also does harem and swinging content a lot... could there be a yandere harem? A yandere who fixates on multiple people? A cuckquean yandere who demands these worthless other girls make themselves useful to be spared? Are such things possible?
I know it's pretty early to say it, but since Dusk and Dawn was Crimson Gray 1.5, do you guys think we'll see Crimson Gray 2 someday?
Probably depends on how successful 1 and 1.5 are... which means most of us on here aren't helping the matter, heh.

Reactions: XxRichBotxX

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Probably depends on how successful 1 and 1.5 are... which means most of us on here aren't helping the matter, heh.
According to Sierra's blog a couple of months ago there was an uptick in sales of the Crimson Gray stuff.

I know she wants to get Last Sovereign finished but I think we'll see more Crimson Gray stuff sooner or later.

Reactions: FFTW
Sep 29, 2017
The current prescription that your definitely shady psychiatrist gave you and pushes you to take more of? Yeah I'd have thought that. Besides, actually interacting with doctors teaches you that they don't always do their due diligence and sometimes don't have their best interest at heart.
Yeah, I know it was obvious in game that the meds were shady and bad for you. I was just snarking at how in real life that would typically be a violation of common sense.

falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
Is the game crashing on launch for anyone else?

Nvm seems to run with no issues if you run it as administrator
I've found that deleting \game\cache or its contents works too. Can set that folder to read-only so you don't have to do it every time. Better than letting random pirate game downloads run as admin.

Ducksssss

Feb 13, 2021
Not as good or long as the first but still quite nice. I wish there were more games like this even if they're similarly light on h. Also I didn't investigate further but the nopy version wouldn't run no matter what I tried but zippy link worked fine.

zetsupetsu

Dec 22, 2019
I really enjoyed the first game because it was about romancing the Yandere and having her tamed. This one becomes you controlling the Yandere so wasn't interested in it as much unfortunately. Wish it had been on the boyfriend's perspective instead.

4.30 star(s) 7 Votes