kenny

Aug 5, 2016
So is 10 minutes of content the usual for an "update" for this? And where exactly that 1 animation even was?

I've said it a bunch of times and i'll say it again, this game desperately needs a full and proper character dossier. Names keep getting dropped in every patch, names i can't remember because the last time they were seen in the game was from a year ago or more. You can scroll through some pics with names attached but if that doesn't jog your memory you're fucked, and i find myself getting fucked multiple times every update and new characters are regularly getting added, it's a pretty bloated cast at this point and it needs to be properly referenced for obvious reasons.
100% agree, too many characters that have too little going on for them. Who the hell was Morrigan?

Reactions: crustlord12

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
So is 10 minutes of content the usual for an "update" for this? And where exactly that 1 animation even was?

100% agree, too many characters that have too little going on for them. Who the hell was Morrigan?
Morrigan is the Dullahan.

Honestly... theses updates aren't worth it. It's 5-10 of talk, maybe a lewd scene if lucky, but no real story progression, no real choices, just talk and talk and talk... WHERE IS THE MEAT?!

Leelaverse

May 24, 2021
I love the game, but honestly, at this rate, I would rather wait 2-3 months per update over monthly if this is what we are going to be getting. Last two updates took place in the same day in the game, no progression, and right now it has become basically a visual novel with no choices. Honestly I can't find a reasonable excuse for this, there are other games with monthly updates with more progression, and a few games that sometimes does two updates in a month with.

There is plenty of lovely, unique, and interesting girls along with great story plot, but this is slowly turning me off, and I assume others might be feeling the same

Reb3l911

Aug 12, 2022
Don't know what happened with this update. But, every time the MC checks messages or has a phone convo an error occurs. Also, the back ground on the phone doesn't show up when opened.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
That was a good talk with Aki.

Do people still get annoyed by the cliffhangers? I'm 5 deep and already don't care. Just kinda feel like "oh I guess we're done now" and that's it.
I mean we haven't really had a real cliffhanger in a while. There's no big tension like something could go either way, we just get cut off mid conversation.

Yarazin

Dec 2, 2022
I would rather wait 2-3 months per update over monthly if this is what we are going to be getting.

There is plenty of lovely, unique, and interesting girls along with great story plot, but this is slowly turning me off, and I assume others might be feeling the same
I said the same thing to myself last month but so far I'm 0-1. I enjoyed this update but the game is great and also extremely frustrating.

Reactions: Leelaverse

Leelaverse

May 24, 2021
I said the same thing to myself last month but so far I'm 0-1. I enjoyed this update but the game is great and also extremely frustrating.
I still feel extreme frustrating to be an understatement lol The story is actually very good imo, ton's of potential side plots, and it's just being wasted

Reactions: Yarazin

kenny

Aug 5, 2016
That was a good talk with Aki.

Do people still get annoyed by the cliffhangers? I'm 5 deep and already don't care. Just kinda feel like "oh I guess we're done now" and that's it.
There is no problem with cliffhangers in a "work in progress", since it is reasonable to expect they well be resolved next time and they exist to create tension. Cliffhangers are absolute inexcusable dogshit as a full ending though, and no, an open end is not the same as a cliffhanger.
The problem here is that the story is going nowhere, and has been treading ground for a while now.

Semantics

Apr 28, 2017
There is no problem with cliffhangers in a "work in progress", since it is reasonable to expect they well be resolved next time and they exist to create tension. Cliffhangers are absolute inexcusable dogshit as a full ending though, and no, an open end is not the same as a cliffhanger.
The problem here is that the story is going nowhere, and has been treading ground for a while now.
I think the problem with the cliffhangers is they're overused here, and a lot less effective when the media resolves them slowly.

Cliffhangers are about tension and release. Have something shocking/unresolved happen before a break for tension, then come back and resolve it for a release. If you're just constantly doing them, then it's a lot harder to create tension because something shocking happening just becomes, "Oh I guess the update/episode's about to end. Yup." They lose their punch, and there's no tension, just normality.

Meanwhile, there's a reason book endings don't use cliffhangers too often: You can only be tense about media for so long, so if you're not doing a regular weekly/monthly schedule, it's a lot harder to have a release. You can get away with it with monthly releases too, but most of those monthly releases have an exact release date ahead of time, and generally are exactly a month. Meanwhile, while this game has a "monthly" release date, it's more of "month and a half-ish" release date that happens on a day you don't know ahead of time. Like, I'll be honest, I load my save after a new update and get a few lines in before I go, "Oh, wait, yeah, this is resolving that thing." So there's no release, because the player didn't have any tension remaining.

Add to that the fact that, as noted by someone else above, many of these cliffhangers are less cliffhangers and more awkward pauses in a conversation (Like the one previous to this update where Machi knocks on your door and there's nothing actually surprising about it, instead the update just annoyingly bisects the overall conversation you're having) and you have a recipe for how to misuse cliffhangers to remove any and all effect they could have.

kenny

Aug 5, 2016
I can't really say about the quality of this guy's cliffhangers since I only started playing from the previous update, I was speaking in a more generalized manner. Though I guess he could take a few pointers with how eternum and interim domain (as much as I think the latter is weak overall) do cliffhangers.

Aug 22, 2017
Sigh, more drawn out lack of progress and cock blocking. A quick blowjob and some boob groping is not an update. The author really feels like he's just dragging things out at this point and refusing to actually make headway on things. What did we actually learn this update? Nothing really. Ren told the girls he thinks sex might be okay and forgave them, but nothing really came of it excpet the usual teasing events that lead to nothing. I really enjoyed the beginning of this game, but of late it just doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
What a terrible cliffhanger, waking up to a nightmare and not knowing if he is still dreaming...at least i hope so, thats not a reality i want to wake up to, it just destroys anything.

4.50 star(s) 82 Votes