sk1122

Aug 13, 2020
He was mistaken for a bishop because he and the other bishop met at the beach (the dude who was chatting up Ori and Miko) while he was carrying Ori's shard in his backpack.
Clear cause and effect, so not really out of the blue
Still sounds mighty thin for getting the equivalent of a VIP access card dropped into your lap just at the right moment, especially with Yob&Gob also being ready to totally buy that the guy whos skull they caved in a few days ago is a superior.

Either way I am not saying I hate how the scene was handled, or that it was a total let-down.
Just not quite the sort of solving it that I'd expect after all the narrative ramp-up to it.
Edit: Sorry forgot spoiler

Last edited:

aereton

Digital Hedonist Games
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
He was mistaken for a bishop because he and the other bishop met at the beach (the dude who was chatting up Ori and Miko) while he was carrying Ori's shard in his backpack.
Clear cause and effect, so not really out of the blue
That begs the question why Ori had access to such a shard when MC immediately was assumed to be a bishop carrying said shard.

Let's be real, it's weak at best and a plot hole at worst.

spooge_nugget

May 7, 2017
Still sounds mighty thin for getting the equivalent of a VIP access card dropped into your lap just at the right moment, especially with Yob&Gob also being ready to totally buy that the guy whos skull they caved in a few days ago is a superior.

Either way I am not saying I hate how the scene was handled, or that it was a total let-down.
Just not quite the sort of solving it that I'd expect after all the narrative ramp-up to it.
Edit: Sorry forgot spoiler
Yes.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As it is now, the way that everything played out was far too convenient/unnatural/contrived.

Reactions: KDBA and Majindevil

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
That begs the question why Ori had access to such a shard when MC immediately was assumed to be a bishop carrying said shard.

Let's be real, it's weak at best and a plot hole at worst.
We don't know why or how shards interact with each other.
Or if at all, we only have suspicions that they somehow do.
AND we don't know if there only is one tier of shard.
It could be that since Ori was supposed to be their ... initiate she got the second of three tier/quality of that shard to "protect" her.
Maybe unknowingly since her Father seems to be in the know and the "normal" jewelry is bland.
He could have acquired that somehow and given as a gift to his daughter.

What you assume to be a plot hole solely is because of the fact that you don't see how it is RIGHT NOW.

Last edited:

Jul 1, 2018
Update was great. A little unrealistic with some of the okay-ness of the church folks with explanations, but I'll chalk that up to them being confused due to getting knocked out: potentially leaving them with strong suspicions later but without evidence to make conclusions or outright accusations. There's more story to tell, and I'll love to see it. As for Ori's temperament, she had already all but forgiven the MC. There was little reason to be angry with him further, especially when she already had strong doubts. All that made sense just fine.

Some of these criticisms above are opinionated but fair, but some others are just nitpicking on an incomplete story and probably really just unhappy at the lack of sex scenes or relative shortness of the update (which was not short if you spend time actually reading).

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
I'd certainly hope so seeing as these updates are more on the shorter side. Not that I'm complaining, still a decent chunk of readable content and it's monthly.
That means less time for cliffhanger to be eating away at my brain...
I have no idea why I do this to myself, I know there is always a cliffhanger, that I am gonna spend 2 weeks thinking about...

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
That means less time for cliffhanger to be eating away at my brain...
I have no idea why I do this to myself, I know there is always a cliffhanger, that I am gonna spend 2 weeks thinking about...
There's the "create your own cliffhanger" option. When the next update comes out, read far enough along to resolve the cliffhanger. Then, stop at a neutral point. Don't read it again until the next update is out. Then, before you apply the next update, read to the end (the dev's cliffhanger). Apply the update. Repeat every month.

Note: requires the willpower to let the rest of the most recent update sit idle for a month.

It's important to read to the end of the previous update before applying the new update. When I recently restarted from the beginning, there where several points where I knew there had been a "cliffhanger" when an update had been released, but that was the only reason to think of there being a cliffhanger moment there; read as a solid block, many of the "cliffhangers" are simply the space between two pages of a single scene. I believe others have complained about this, in reality, I wouldn't want the dev to create a strong moment of actual tension just to conclude an update.

InTheWoods

Apr 13, 2022
That is a serious case of anime art style.
Take it you aren't familiar with anime.
LOL, no.

Lots of anime includes simplistic two-tone (not , as seen in Western art) shading for noses (left and middle examples below). This shading still follows traditional depth cues as if lit overhead: lighter on top, and darker on the bottom.

In contrast, the art in Crimson High either skips shading on noses (okay, fine, who cares?) or ... and this is where it gets weird ... some shots seem to put darker shading on the bridge or above the nose (right example below), giving a visual cue that the character's nose curves inward - hence, Voldemort Nose.

1700550751884.png 1700552266066.png 1700551837053.png

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
LOL, no.

Lots of anime includes simplistic two-tone (not , as seen in Western art) shading for noses (left and middle examples below). This shading still follows traditional depth cues as if lit overhead: lighter on top, and darker on the bottom.

In contrast, the art in Crimson High either skips shading on noses (okay, fine, who cares?) or ... and this is where it gets weird ... some shots seem to put darker shading on the bridge or above the nose (right example below), giving a visual cue that the character's nose curves inward - hence, Voldemort Nose.

View attachment 3105058 View attachment 3105084 View attachment 3105080
In your infinite ambivalence have you even thought about the mere possibility that there are more than one subgenre or did you expect that an art form well over 100 years old is completely unmoving and did not ever spawn variations?
Did you honestly believe for a second that western art is the only possible art form that can have variants?

There have been dozens of complaints from "knowledgeable concerned citizens" like yours before, did you expect to be the first or most knowledgeable of them all?
Not by a long shot.

For Reina directly.
Have you even thought about the possibility that that is a scar?
Specifically a scar that is sported by one or two chars in roughly 40% of any anime, manga or light/web novel produced since the 1950's and is a physical trope not far after hair/eye color and blood types.
No?
You jumped straight to "Voldemort Nose" for ... reasons.

Last edited:

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
LOL, no.

View attachment 3105058 View attachment 3105084 View attachment 3105080
That's just how Koikatsu noses look. They look like a flat line from dead on, they only have any visible depth when seen from a side profile. Don't play koikatsu games if you don't like the art style, complaining about the nose looking how the engine makes the nose look isn't a very constructive critique.

4.40 star(s) 89 Votes