Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Huh, Okay. Was unaware there was an engine involved. That makes sense now. Thanks.
There almost always is.
It is extremely rare that characters and backgrounds are hand drawn.

The #1 is DAZ, not so closely followed by Honey Select 1 and 2.
Koikatsu is not the most prominent render software around, but it certainly has a cult following especially in the anime/manga/hentai scene.
Western audiences often are ... not really appreciative of koikatsu renders and instead seem to love jerking off to renders made in other programs.

InTheWoods

Apr 13, 2022
Western audiences often are ... not really appreciative of koikatsu renders and instead seem to love jerking off to renders made in other programs.
Hey, true connoisseurs enjoy only the finest artisanal, handcrafted wankery! Seriously, though, not trying to yuck someone else's yum; just trying to understand why it's a polarizing issue.

After doing a bit more "research" ... my western eyes generally see koikatsu faces as less human than other drawing styles. The presence of inverted depth cues (for me, anyway) seems to be the tipping point that pushes the art into the (coincidentally, a concept coined by a Japanese scholar). Inconsistent light sources, in general, seem to have a lesser dehumanizing effect - using the right side example from my previous post but ignoring the nose ... the chest shading implies a light source at about 2 o'clock, whereas the light source for the entire face seems difficult to determine.

Like anything else, you get used to it after a while - even after looking at koikatsu pics for just an hour or so, the style no longer looks as strange. I wonder if the koikatsu lighting/shading quirks are what affects the larger Western audience? Food for a pr0n thesis paper, no doubt.

Kryapa

Jun 9, 2019
Any way to change this disgusting blurry font to anything readable? I swear I thought eye bleeding is a joke before I saw this game.

DaffoDonk

Apr 10, 2020
That's what I'm talking about. The letters looks different depending on the background.

View attachment 3117724
That's got nothing to do with the font, though, or with it being blurry (which it isn't).

What you're complaining about is the lack of textbox which would normally reduce the shift in brightness when text is displayed over differently colored background (like the white desk and dark grey mouse pad in your example).

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.29.1 + Gallery unlock by MetalChicken

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even MEGA

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Mega

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Size 1.19 GB

Come find me on Discord:
Updated my android port.

DaffoDonk

Apr 10, 2020
HELP! I'm going bonkers trying to find Hamster #71! Where is it???

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If they're sorted chronologically, it should be early-ish in the update that dealt with Okami's sister and the conversation with the principal about Suzu's changes post-head trauma.

Last edited:

Kryapa

Jun 9, 2019
Ok, this game is quite interesting, but not much to play yet. Since there're way too many girls in the game the eventual progress should be even slower.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
With each update, you get more cliffhanger.
Best practice is just let the update pile up over a year and play it again.
You do understand that cliffhangers are exclusive and not cumulative, yes?

You don't get "more cliffhanger" you get a new one because the old cliffhanger is resolved.

If you want to wait a year for multiple updates to pile up, be my guest.
But what works for you does not necessarily work for other people.

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Crimson High v0.30 Release Schedule

Howdy, Patrons (and patrons to be)!

Next update's almost done and will go out for testing tomorrow, so the T2 release will be some time on Saturday. Here's the full release schedule (for her pleasure):

• Tier 2 (Progenitor, Heir, Student Council Head, SECSI, Infiltrator, WAP, Student Council, SAT, Agent, Inquisitor):
    09/12/2023
  • Tier 1 (Class Rep, Enforcer, Detective, Third Year, Initiate, Second Year, First Year):
    16/12/2023
  • Tier 0 (Public):
    23/12/2023
(Dates in DD/MM/YYYY format)

That's it from me again. Have a nice [enter time of day] everyone!

Thanks for being awesome!

Cheers!

Sep 16, 2023
I know it's silly but something bothers me about the characters' faces in some Koikatsu games like this one. I don't know if it's because they appear to have literal long faces or because they almost look like they don't have noses but it bothers me lmao

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
I know it's silly but something bothers me about the characters' faces in some Koikatsu games like this one. I don't know if it's because they appear to have literal long faces or because they almost look like they don't have noses but it bothers me lmao
The weird koikatsu features are a lot more noticeable with this game because the characters are all seen dead center which makes the nose disappear and also because a few characters had their chins deleted which kinda makes them look like if Saitama had hair.
I mean it doesn't bother me at all but I can definitely see what you probably mean.

4.40 star(s) 89 Votes