Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Crimson High [v0.34.1] [Vertigo] - Compressed

Win/Linux [1,32 GB]
- - - -

Mac [1,29 GB]
- - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

VertigoAVN

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2021
And am i supposed to remember who the fuck Kiri is? Cause a cliff hanger on that one is a total miss for me, yet again for the absolutely abysmal character details list and the sheer size of the cast... i swear to god VertigoAVN, get off your ass and make a proper character info page already, this shit is actively hurting the playability of your game, the fact your pulling the record scratch on people i cannot even remember should scream to you just how important it is. I'm sick of asking for it, you should've done this shit 3 chapters ago.
Mate, if you can't remember, that's your problem, not mine. Last I checked, you weren't a patron of mine, so you get jack shit to say about how I make my game. If you don't like it, don't play it. It's as easy as that.
And while you're at it, maybe think about what it says about you that you feel entitled enough to complain about something you literally get for free.
(Also, regarding your other post before: Reading the tutorial at the beginning of the game helps. It explains how to set the phone backgrounds.)

I wish there were more frequent and bigger updates because this game was so good but I literally just forget everything because I have to wait 3 months for a 20 minute update
Right. Time is a weird thing isn't it? The game releases monthly, yet you have to wait 3 months for an update. Funny how that goes. Check out my next reply, too, cause it's relevant for you, as well.

Updates are really small , I got through last in just 30 minutes. I guess, I am missing somecontent because of my choices though, but it is still irritating to wait for this little of content.

On the other said, this game is definetly one of the games I will be playing as soon as I can, so I guess I will suffer
As I already said in the above reply, the game releases monthly, so I'm not sure what you're complaining about. Do any of you people realize how much work goes into making CH? I work at least 5 days a week on the game - often more - but apparently I have to completely abandon any worldly needs like sleep or food, to spend even more time on making CH. Which you get to benefit from for free, by the way. Just saying, you might want to reconsider your stance on this one.
That being said, I guess at least you still acknowledge enjoying the game? Thanks for that.

You people need to seriously think about your attitudes towards the people that are responsible for your entertainment and the content they create for you. Instead of complaining in here, why don't you pick up game development yourself and see how easy it is to churn out quality content on the regular? Also - since it wouldn't be the same experience otherwise - don't forget to post it on here, so people can take it apart while still continuing to consume it. That's the fun part of it, after all.

To those of you, who actually have something worthwhile to say: Thanks for playing CH. I hope you keep enjoying the game. You're always welcome on my Discord, too. I'd love to interact with you and listen to your feedback (cause that's something I do, if it's presented in a reasonable manner), but reading through some of the things on here doesn't do me any good, so yeah.

Cheers.

Eponymous_01

Nov 6, 2020
Wow, Speaking of butthurt. :LOL: Who needs to move on and find something else when you can just browbeat the dev until you get what you want amiright?
You make a good point. If this is the attitude from the dev and supporters, clearly nothing will change and the growing frustrations with pacing, unfulfilling story, changes out of nowhere (Jun), and no easy way to keep track of the ever-growing list of characters will go unanswered.

May check back at some point to see if things have changed, but I'm now ready to move on. Suggest others with similar frustrations do the same since clearly feedback is not wanted here.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Mate, if you can't remember, that's your problem, not mine. Last I checked, you weren't a patron of mine, so you get jack shit to say about how I make my game. If you don't like it, don't play it. It's as easy as that.
And while you're at it, maybe think about what it says about you that you feel entitled enough to complain about something you literally get for free.
I'd love to interact with you and listen to your feedback (cause that's something I do, if it's presented in a reasonable manner)
I've been a subscriber to you in the past, several times, when money allowed for it. My frustration is borne of the fact that i have offered constructive feedback about this subject in a polite manner before, twice and been completely ignored, character dossier pages are stock standard for harem games, especially ones with large casts like yours, the fact you persist in not making one and had not bothered to reply to any discussion about it finally got to me and i snapped but i won't apologize, you can be as pissed off and dismissive as you want, it's an objective fact that your game needs a characters page. But i'm pissing in the wind, your mind is made up and i fully expect you to stick to it just out of spite at this point. Won't be subbing to you again.

ScentedElf

Jan 9, 2020
There is absolutely an awful tendency on here for people to rip into the dev and their work with no regard for the fact that the person behind it all is just a normal like any of us. They're not a game studio. They're just a regular human being trying to bring something that existed only in their minds to life so they can share it with others.

Of course, I'm not saying this makes them perfect or free of any faults. I think some of the concerns people raised are valid. An in-game compendium of characters could be very handy seeing just how large the cast is and how some characters get considerably less screen time than others. But it's not a required feature. Now I know fuck all about coding but even if making something like that would be a slice of cake it is still extra work and effort on the dev's part. And then imagine what happens when they divert that tiny/large (again I don't know) amount of time to making that feature. Then that update would have less proper in-game content which is something that people are already complaining about. I don't think it's right to demand anything from the dev. Though I do think the dev should consider adding this feature. If I were them I'd either make a post warning of a smaller update and do it or put it up for a vote to see how much of the community actually cares about it to see if it's even worth the effort. Remember just because it's been mentioned here a fair bit doesn't actually mean that the majority of players will even care about this.

I just don't want to see a dev being beaten down to the point where they start to lose motivation and passion for what they're making. I've seen great games fall apart over far less. The fact that the dev is so on top of every single deadline and the development of the game has been so steady alone deserves a lot of respect. After all I'd much rather have the current development schedule than some sort of limbo like what's happened with Twisted World recently or countless other games.

Ponos13

Apr 23, 2020
I can't play. Every phone scene I got this ;

Code:
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <renpy.display.im.Crop object at 0x0000000067f2df50>:
  File "game/Chapter_1.rpy", line 609, in script call
    $ renpy.pause()
    $ renpy.pause()
    $ renpy.pause()
    $ renpy.pause()
    $ renpy.pause()
    $ renpy.pause()
  File "game/Chapter_1.rpy", line 1080, in script call
    $ renpy.pause()
    $ renpy.pause()
    $ renpy.pause()
    $ renpy.pause()
    $ renpy.pause()
    $ renpy.pause()
  File "game/Chapter_1.rpy", line 8104, in script call
    $ renpy.pause()
  File "game/Chapter_3.rpy", line 13186, in script
    nvl_narrator "Monday, 07:33"
  File "renpy/common/00nvl_mode.rpy", line 383, in do_display
    **display_args)
error: subsurface rectangle outside surface area.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    $ renpy.pause()
    $ renpy.pause()
    $ renpy.pause()
    $ renpy.pause()
    $ renpy.pause()
    $ renpy.pause()
    $ renpy.pause()
    $ renpy.pause()
    $ renpy.pause()
    $ renpy.pause()
    $ renpy.pause()
    $ renpy.pause()
  File "game/Chapter_1.rpy", line 8104, in script call
    $ renpy.pause()
  File "game/Chapter_3.rpy", line 13186, in script
    nvl_narrator "Monday, 07:33"
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 921, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1373, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1266, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
  File "renpy/common/00nvl_mode.rpy", line 383, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 666, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3912, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2605, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 495, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 266, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 884, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 704, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 885, in render
    rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1337, in render
    st, at)
  File "renpy/display/transform.py", line 747, in render
    return transform_render(self, width, height, st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 187, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 627, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 295, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 1099, in load
    self.w, self.h))
  File "src/pygame_sdl2/surface.pyx", line 642, in pygame_sdl2.surface.Surface.subsurface
error: subsurface rectangle outside surface area.

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809
CrimsonHigh 0.34.1
Mon May 27 00:21:51 2024
```
I get exactly the same error the min i try to leave school.I think i had the same prob on the last version too

notorpoff

Jan 17, 2024
I get exactly the same error the min i try to leave school.I think i had the same prob on the last version too
I fix it. Download the file and put it in the "CrimsonHigh-0.34.1-pc\game\gui" folder. This is how my problem was solved, maybe it will solve your problem too.

Jul 2, 2020
There is absolutely an awful tendency on here for people to rip into the dev and their work with no regard for the fact that the person behind it all is just a normal like any of us. They're not a game studio. They're just a regular human being trying to bring something that existed only in their minds to life so they can share it with others.

Of course, I'm not saying this makes them perfect or free of any faults. I think some of the concerns people raised are valid. An in-game compendium of characters could be very handy seeing just how large the cast is and how some characters get considerably less screen time than others. But it's not a required feature. Now I know fuck all about coding but even if making something like that would be a slice of cake it is still extra work and effort on the dev's part. And then imagine what happens when they divert that tiny/large (again I don't know) amount of time to making that feature. Then that update would have less proper in-game content which is something that people are already complaining about. I don't think it's right to demand anything from the dev. Though I do think the dev should consider adding this feature. If I were them I'd either make a post warning of a smaller update and do it or put it up for a vote to see how much of the community actually cares about it to see if it's even worth the effort. Remember just because it's been mentioned here a fair bit doesn't actually mean that the majority of players will even care about this.

I just don't want to see a dev being beaten down to the point where they start to lose motivation and passion for what they're making. I've seen great games fall apart over far less. The fact that the dev is so on top of every single deadline and the development of the game has been so steady alone deserves a lot of respect. After all I'd much rather have the current development schedule than some sort of limbo like what's happened with Twisted World recently or countless other games.

You get it

CrazyRosie

Jul 8, 2021
I am, for my own selfish reasons, creating a spread sheet of the various characters in the VN. It is amazing how much I had forgot about the beginnings of the game. (I'm on day 4 so far). I would recommend anybody who is enjoying the game to replay it at least once.

ShadedSoul

Nov 20, 2019
(Also, regarding your other post before: Reading the tutorial at the beginning of the game helps. It explains how to set the phone backgrounds.)

Right. Time is a weird thing isn't it? The game releases monthly, yet you have to wait 3 months for an update. Funny how that goes. Check out my next reply, too, cause it's relevant for you, as well.

As I already said in the above reply, the game releases monthly, so I'm not sure what you're complaining about. Do any of you people realize how much work goes into making CH? I work at least 5 days a week on the game - often more - but apparently I have to completely abandon any worldly needs like sleep or food, to spend even more time on making CH. Which you get to benefit from for free, by the way. Just saying, you might want to reconsider your stance on this one.
That being said, I guess at least you still acknowledge enjoying the game? Thanks for that.

You people need to seriously think about your attitudes towards the people that are responsible for your entertainment and the content they create for you. Instead of complaining in here, why don't you pick up game development yourself and see how easy it is to churn out quality content on the regular? Also - since it wouldn't be the same experience otherwise - don't forget to post it on here, so people can take it apart while still continuing to consume it. That's the fun part of it, after all.

To those of you, who actually have something worthwhile to say: Thanks for playing CH. I hope you keep enjoying the game. You're always welcome on my Discord, too. I'd love to interact with you and listen to your feedback (cause that's something I do, if it's presented in a reasonable manner), but reading through some of the things on here doesn't do me any good, so yeah.

Cheers.
Vertigo, you're doing great. Don't let the trolls get to you. I agree that the cast might be a little large, but that means that for me, I actually put in more effort to remember who everyone is and where I've seen them. I like that, because it makes it feel like less of a game and more of a functioning world.

Keep up the good work, and don't burn yourself out. I'd rather wait years for one incredible update than a week for a mediocre one.

kenny

Aug 5, 2016
And people like^ is exactly why mediocrity reigns supreme and "creators" like irphaeus and dark cookie get away with their bullshit. Any criticism is trolling, every issue is met with mountains of cope and brown nosing and stalling updates is fine because "it will definitely be worth it!" (it won't).

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Don't let the trolls get to you.
You know, that really gets under my skin, i'd normally just roll my eyes and think you an imbecile but after the dev went on such a rant after i finally got sick of asking for something both entirely reasonable and necessary, for nearly a year, to have you conflate my critique, feedback and request with trolling is just icing on the cake. Go to the top of this thread and click in the search bar, type my name in the member section and go through my post history in this thread and then come back and call me a troll again, directly to me in reply.

sds800

Oct 2, 2021

Cheers.
holy hell this is sad man. i enjoy the game but the criticisms are legit. and trust me buddy you arnt making some "Never before seen VN the likes of which we have never seen before!" And by the way making a game like this isnt that difficult. half of the stuff is done for you in koikatsu or whatever its called. One more thing- No one said dont take care of yourself at all, just that the updates are slow for the amount of content it comes with which is a completely valid criticism and before you go "this guy isnt on my patreon it doesnt matter what he says!!!" Why be on here in the first place? Honestly if you dont like people on here giving criticism on your game why join this site in the first place? Why make a entire wall of tears about the people on here?

4.50 star(s) 88 Votes