xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
Intro said multiple times that the game is an experiment and something that is constantly succeptible to minor and major changes along the way. I personally like that changes, it offers more of a challenge overall, plus he always makes a tutorial explaining all the changes on a silver platter so that everyone can understand.
Idk if you're talking about the Radiant or Lumeria when you're referring to the first boss. But i assure you they are all beatable. Whoever is balancing the bosses is doing a great job imo. If you are having issues there is a difficulty slider for story bosses that you can use to make it easier on yourself.
What he probably refers to is exactly what he said, the enemies are a little too strong at the beginning of the chapter. The only issue I really have is that most enemies always get the first action, even with the agility tactic. But without using the right covenant(s) the enemies can be harder, in this case this already applies to the first enemy (the lizards).

Because there were those kobolds I decided to try Rithris to be able to tempt them before they escape and it also made it much easier against the lizards with her lightning skill. Before that I tried some other covenants and there wasn't much gain as I lost too much hp over time and the lizard meat was not worth the effort.

Yes, the story boss difficulty slider helps a lot, almost laughable easy with their damage output, but the same doesn't apply to normal enemies which actually end up to be harder than the boss, the boss is just a prolonged fight. Not everyone will pay that much attention to the covenants and to use exactly the right ones, or at least any good ones, so I believe there should be some possibility to make it at least a little easier for those who do not.

The difficulty slider is already a good start. Either make a separate one that applies to everyone but story bosses or make a single one which applies to everything. And like I said, the main issue I have is the speed of the enemy, or maybe rather how slow you are, which leads to the enemy often getting the first action, especially annoying when it happens against the first enemy of the chapter.

Jan 21, 2019
What he probably refers to is exactly what he said, the enemies are a little too strong at the beginning of the chapter. The only issue I really have is that most enemies always get the first action, even with the agility tactic. But without using the right covenant(s) the enemies can be harder, in this case this already applies to the first enemy (the lizards).

Because there were those kobolds I decided to try Rithris to be able to tempt them before they escape and it also made it much easier against the lizards with her lightning skill. Before that I tried some other covenants and there wasn't much gain as I lost too much hp over time and the lizard meat was not worth the effort.

Yes, the story boss difficulty slider helps a lot, almost laughable easy with their damage output, but the same doesn't apply to normal enemies which actually end up to be harder than the boss, the boss is just a prolonged fight. Not everyone will pay that much attention to the covenants and to use exactly the right ones, or at least any good ones, so I believe there should be some possibility to make it at least a little easier for those who do not.

The difficulty slider is already a good start. Either make a separate one that applies to everyone but story bosses or make a single one which applies to everything. And like I said, the main issue I have is the speed of the enemy, or maybe rather how slow you are, which leads to the enemy often getting the first action, especially annoying when it happens against the first enemy of the chapter.
The game looks like it's balanced around the player using resistant covenants to mitigate the damage they receive. I never had any issues with lizards because i would start the fight with Pinna, apply fire shield and then proc assassinate and done, it's dead. It feels to me like you are not yet fully familiarized with the full arsenal that you have at your disposal.
To me it looks like it's a very common case of "blaming the tools" when to me it's quite clear that every problem that the game presents has multiple tools that can be used to solve them. You just have to find the right one.

zetta216

Oct 4, 2018
Damn I love this game. Another incredible update that I wish I had more time to play. Also the inclusion of an easy mode is something I didn't know was added to previous versions, that is sure to help a ton of players.

Reactions: User1230

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
The game looks like it's balanced around the player using resistant covenants to mitigate the damage they receive. I never had any issues with lizards because i would start the fight with Pinna, apply fire shield and then proc assassinate and done, it's dead. It feels to me like you are not yet fully familiarized with the full arsenal that you have at your disposal.
To me it looks like it's a very common case of "blaming the tools" when to me it's quite clear that every problem that the game presents has multiple tools that can be used to solve them. You just have to find the right one.
What I already said, Rithris is sufficient enough for me against the first enemy, the only issue I really have is that many enemies get the first action, and I don't specifically blame what we have but that it should be easier for those who want to have a more leisurely experience. Why add a story boss difficulty slider if it is not the intended difficulty? Basically the same point, just probably more impactful than generic enemies.

Jan 21, 2019
What I already said, Rithris is sufficient enough for me against the first enemy, the only issue I really have is that many enemies get the first action, and I don't specifically blame what we have but that it should be easier for those who want to have a more leisurely experience. Why add a story boss difficulty slider if it is not the intended difficulty? Basically the same point, just probably more impactful than generic enemies.
I think because generic enemies are just weak and simple compared to a boss to begin with so that even your most below average player would have no issues to deal with them , while bosses have more mechanics and tricks which some people just can't be asked with.

Jan 21, 2019
what a bullshit chapter. I can't get past the timed event. What a horrible choice of game design! Fuck this shit.
The camera literally pans to where you are supposed to go, if you are getting lost because of your own ineptitude to follow simple visual instructions, that is on you, not the game.

Braddakeins

May 20, 2020
what a bullshit chapter. I can't get past the timed event. What a horrible choice of game design! Fuck this shit.
May I ask how you can't get past the timid event?? the time is very generous. I recommend using Cali for getting rid of most enemies.

msz

Oct 16, 2019
These scan result screenshots are not good if not checked before posting.

Three engines detected three completely different problems. Comodo does not like packed exe files. And this one is a packed exe to reduce size, because it has the flash player built in. Sophos calls in a PUA - and that is from Sophos about what PUA is:
"Potentially Unwanted Application (PUA) is a term used to describe applications that, while not malicious, are generally considered unsuitable for business networks."

One thinks it is a Trojan. However the only half way independent review - admittedly old - review of a Gridinsoft product:
Result: 1.5 / 5 (Bad)

So while informing others is important when it comes to potential malicious dangers - information requires at least a bit of critical thinking / verifying to be valuable. Otherwise information quickly becomes disinformation or simply worthless.

Aug 4, 2019
How do you get past the obsidian shaman that blocks your exit in the timed event? I break her shield with Servinnia and I die instantly, if I use anything else to break her shield it takes too long and I die because of petrification, tried using Enet's balance to see if I can survive it but it's no good either, changing tactics won't work or help either, I'm level 31, is that too underleveled? why the fuck is she so powerful so early in the game? unless I missed another way out or a covenant interaction?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Intro said multiple times that the game is an experiment and something that is constantly succeptible to minor and major changes along the way. I personally like that changes, it offers more of a challenge overall, plus he always makes a tutorial explaining all the changes on a silver platter so that everyone can understand.
Idk if you're talking about the Radiant or Lumeria when you're referring to the first boss. But i assure you they are all beatable. Whoever is balancing the bosses is doing a great job imo. If you are having issues there is a difficulty slider for story bosses that you can use to make it easier on yourself.
I was talking about Lumeria...
I liked the stat based combat improvements and the covenents that gave passiv Bonuses to those, I am not much of a fan of this simplified stat table that is only activly affected by covenents and maybe Items... seems like a downgrade to the previous combat and Character System.
The Items from Chapter 4 and 5 are gone now too (except for healing Items), the reason is likely since they were opt for a RPG based combat system rather than an unchangeable stat sheet.
For Lumeria I normaly loose after running out of Healing Potions... I have 20 in stock at the beginning of the battle.
I tried to counter her with different Covenents but normally I die around the time she reduced all my Defs by 50-60% as the attack that causes that ailment deals 1000+ dmg.
I don't know about your build or Level but in this new Battlesystem battles are determined by the ammount of high class Healing Items you hold instead of tactics and covenents formed.
I won't use the dificulty slider as I want to play the game on the normal dificulty... given the latest combat system this might no longer be possible, I'll take a look once the complete Version is released in order to see wether or not combat got more nerfed or my heavily grinded Items are returned to me and reworked to fit the new combat system.
I think because generic enemies are just weak and simple compared to a boss to begin with so that even your most below average player would have no issues to deal with them , while bosses have more mechanics and tricks which some people just can't be asked with.
Normal creature are normally easy to deal with as long as you can tempt them and regain HP and Mana after each battle... the lizards I fought were untemptable though

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2019
How do you get past the obsidian shaman that blocks your exit in the timed event? I break her shield with Servinnia and I die instantly, if I use anything else to break her shield it takes too long and I die because of petrification, tried using Enet's balance to see if I can survive it but it's no good either, changing tactics won't work or help either, I'm level 31, is that too underleveled? why the fuck is she so powerful so early in the game? unless I missed another way out or a covenant interaction?
Servinnia is fire, the shield is rock , fire is weak vs rock, no wonder you die in one hit. If anything, the shamans we're much harder in previous versions. Idk on what version you are but 1.5.1 should be latest one available. You should also read what petrification does, if you attack them 3 times it will get rid of it.

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes