Lykanter

Sep 27, 2021
So,I downloaded the exe versions from the main page and every one of them is triggering 6-7 antiviruses on Virustotal...
Ck-1=
Ck-2=
Ck-3=
Ck-4=
Ck-5=
Ck-6=
Ck-7=

Can someone more knowledgeable please look into this and tell me what should I do,I have deleted the Exe files from my PC should I try downloading SWF files instead? Thanks.
they are not a virus both Norton and win defender say so, also only 5 vendors on vt flag as a virus, so it is a false positive

Reactions: RayBar

F1forhalp

SOTD: The Band - Ophelia
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
So,I downloaded the exe versions from the main page and every one of them is triggering 6-7 antiviruses on Virustotal...
Ck-1=
Ck-2=
Ck-3=
Ck-4=
Ck-5=
Ck-6=
Ck-7=

Can someone more knowledgeable please look into this and tell me what should I do,I have deleted the Exe files from my PC should I try downloading SWF files instead? Thanks.
i just run the .swf files in my regular daily Flash player, in a sandbox, i.e. virtual environment.
less system complaints over "duuude you want to download a EXEcutable?!?!"

Reactions: RayBar

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Ck-1=
Ck-2=
Ck-3=
Ck-4=
Ck-5=
Ck-6=
Ck-7=

from the specific names they are calling it, it sounds like it is triggering their heuristics for "generic trojan" based no sus behavior. this does not necessarily mean an actual trojan. but it is enough different venders to at least be cautious

you should submit the file to analysis to those vendors if you can. so they can analyze if it is really a trojen or not.
just switch to swf for now to be safe

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
this game actually abandoned?
The dev is currently working on a separate game to learn Unity, the plan was to move Crimson Keep to a new engine from what I recall which is why it is on-hold (due to no new game updates, whether or not the dev is still communicating, it is marked as abandoned as per site rules).
On the Discord he shares developer updates every now and then about the progress of the side project, in the last couple of posts he mentions that most is done as well as finishing touches but who knows how long that could still take, I haven't read through all of them but there might be no ETA yet.

jetalpha

Aug 11, 2017
it will be possible if one day he is ready and finish to learn the "unity" that he will work in remake of all 7 game or he will continue to the N°8 ?

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
it will be possible if one day he is ready and finish to learn the "unity" that he will work in remake of all 7 game or he will continue to the N°8 ?
The plan is to finish Eld then work on chapter 8 and next ones necessary to finish this Arc and only then work in the Unity Remake of the entire Volcano Arc with all the new mechanics and quality of life feutures created along the way applied to all the chapters with the possibility of new stuff to be added.

Last edited:

anonzie

Jun 10, 2020
Update from Introspurt (developer) for the Unity project, Eld:
Hey guys, a quick update.

I have been working on sounds lately and also fixing a bunch of bugs/balancing issues.
I expect to move into alpha testing once the core sounds are done, and while that's being done I'll work on a musical score.

Historically, alpha stage is pretty much where the game is mostly running and the community helps debug. With the flash games, it was rare to come across bugs after the first week or so. Additionally, intro is fairly quick with sound in CK, the guy is surprisingly good for how fast he pumps tracks.

We are close!

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
So uh
why is this abandoned?
What happened?
As per site rules because there hasn't been an update for too long, but that's because this game was put on hold while the dev is working on a side project to learn Unity (i.e. to switch to another engine). After the side project is done the plan was to finish the current story arc and then compile all chapters into one game with the new engine.

Reactions: meme_Lordo

crackad

Jul 4, 2020
Update from Introspurt (developer) for the Unity project, Eld:

Historically, alpha stage is pretty much where the game is mostly running and the community helps debug. With the flash games, it was rare to come across bugs after the first week or so. Additionally, intro is fairly quick with sound in CK, the guy is surprisingly good for how fast he pumps tracks.

We are close!
Alpha Testing phase isn't public and has game breaking bugs. It's tested by intro and his team, the community tests during open beta

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
i've had no issues with the exe files from the mega so far.

as a side note, i'm sure it's in this thread elsewhere, but i have to vent about the permanently missable content. i just finished chapter 3, overall enjoyed it, got into chapter 4 with a bunch of missing things in the menus. thankfully found a better completed save. i read earlier in the thread the dev gets away from it so i hope that's true. love the game outside of that
Optional content will still be a thing, chapter 3 multiple route will hardly ever happen again tho, there are only 3 things you can permanently miss in chapter 3 all the others can be obtained in at least one of the chapters that follows it, none of the optional stuff you can miss can lock you from progress in the game (only make it harder but not that much).

13Gatsu777

Nov 6, 2019
Not abandoned. Put on hold so the dev can work on a new game, Eld, which will be a Unity game. He has plans to switch CK to Unity instead of continuing it in Flash so he's using Eld to build those skills.
Unity just dropped something nasty about a charge fee after 200k of instal, won't this affect Eld and the switch of CK to unity?

TGafy

May 14, 2020
Unity just dropped something nasty about a charge fee after 200k of instal, won't this affect Eld and the switch of CK to unity?
Didn't know about this 'til now. Regardless, I wouldn't be the person to answer this. Likely have to wait for news from introspurt and see what his plans are due to this development.

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes