VN Ren'Py Completed Crimson Roses [Final Episode + Extended Ending] [DeVilBro]

2.50 star(s) 4 Votes

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
WTF sex robot? seriously?
I liked this game, but unfortunately the ending has completely changed my opinion of it.
I understand that the developer didn't receive any support and wanted to finish this project quickly but for me ending it makes absolutely no sense and so my assessment of this game has changed from a very positive to a total shit.

DeVilBro

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2018
WTF sex robot? seriously?
I liked this game, but unfortunately the ending has completely changed my opinion of it.
I understand that the developer didn't receive any support and wanted to finish this project quickly but for me ending it makes absolutely no sense and so my assessment of this game has changed from a very positive to a total shit.
My bad actually. I've already got a lot of players saying the ending was shit.
Well... yes it looks like so...from a players perspective. But I've planned Crimson Roses 2 and its plot start right after the ending here. But these 2 will be a totally 2 different type of play and plot so I divided them in 2 parts. Maybe I could've done better. But not like i changed the plot in a hurry so... I hope CR2 will make this ending clear and make up for all the blunders on this one.
Right now I am gonna focus on my next project "protagonist" and i hope my plot on this one will entertain you.
Thank you

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
My bad actually. I've already got a lot of players saying the ending was shit.
Well... yes it looks like so...from a players perspective. But I've planned Crimson Roses 2 and its plot start right after the ending here. But these 2 will be a totally 2 different type of play and plot so I divided them in 2 parts. Maybe I could've done better. But not like i changed the plot in a hurry so... I hope CR2 will make this ending clear and make up for all the blunders on this one.
Right now I am gonna focus on my next project "protagonist" and i hope my plot on this one will entertain you.
Thank you
hmmm not what i expected for an ending after the last two choices,and before the two last choices it was still alright i guess but, the ending after that with the SEX Robot shit blew it all.
and i don´t think that you will be able to make it up he blew himself up there "i don´t wanna be a Puppet" -- "initiating Self destruction" and boooom what is there to be making up??? when CR2 has a diffrent type of play i don´t see where you could make the ending in CR1 clear in the players perspective in CR2.The whole gamestory was literaly thrown into trash after the last two choices.
before that i wondered WTF how could he forget that he done all that shit with the Salamander gang after one Day.

bleh Sorry that ending after the "two" endings was such a downer for the whole game.....

Edit : sorry when i say this now but you giving a plot here for CR2 that it will clear the ending in CR1,but you are making a other game "protagonist".When that is finished everyone have forgotten about your first game Crimson Roses and that "ending"....

Last edited:
Reactions: SecretDesire

SecretDesire

May 15, 2019
I realy liked this game but this ending just kinda .. crap sorry for my honesty.

1 day before he is a godly being and after 1 day he learn he even not an ordinary human and like change log write it's kinda multiple ending but i can't see any difference in the end.

This update is totally downer like %80 to %20 and it's totally not have any sense.

Reactions: Steinchen

drbadtouch33

Jul 24, 2017
This game was a bit nonsense to begin with. Kept jumping around a ton. I was a bit lost at some points. The ending though...that was hot garbage. Maybe sit down and hash out a decent story for your second go around. Have a friend read it over to ensure it makes sense. Also twists like that are almost always poorly received. At least try to make a twist make sense. There should be some hints throughout the story so that at least we can look back and see where it is coming from. Good luck in the future and I hope you take some time to craft something better.

DeVilBro

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2018
hmmm not what i expected for an ending after the last two choices,and before the two last choices it was still alright i guess but, the ending after that with the SEX Robot shit blew it all.
and i don´t think that you will be able to make it up he blew himself up there "i don´t wanna be a Puppet" -- "initiating Self destruction" and boooom what is there to be making up??? when CR2 has a diffrent type of play i don´t see where you could make the ending in CR1 clear in the players perspective in CR2.The whole gamestory was literaly thrown into trash after the last two choices.
before that i wondered WTF how could he forget that he done all that shit with the Salamander gang after one Day.

bleh Sorry that ending after the "two" endings was such a downer for the whole game.....

Edit : sorry when i say this now but you giving a plot here for CR2 that it will clear the ending in CR1,but you are making a other game "protagonist".When that is finished everyone have forgotten about your first game Crimson Roses and that "ending"....
Well yeah probably so...
I thought that way...and its already done so...now i can just focus on my future projects and hope for the best.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Well yeah probably so...
I thought that way...and its already done so...now i can just focus on my future projects and hope for the best.
Not going to lie, it's going to be a struggle.

If you'd done an ending people at least liked then word of mouth would have left you in a decent starting place for your next project.

As it stands right now you have to win back those that didn't like this ending too.

It's not on you that you lack support. You had a decent game, until the ending, but we're all in a tough time. Most have been kept at home with lower pay or no pay and uncertain of when they can go back. People aren't all as financially stable as they were before the pandemic.

Even those of us that are financially stable are cutting back on a lot of expenses due to that uncertain future.

On top of that, with so many abandoned games, people have started waiting until devs establish themselves and at least finish a project before backing them.

DeVilBro

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2018
Not going to lie, it's going to be a struggle.

If you'd done an ending people at least liked then word of mouth would have left you in a decent starting place for your next project.

As it stands right now you have to win back those that didn't like this ending too.

It's not on you that you lack support. You had a decent game, until the ending, but we're all in a tough time. Most have been kept at home with lower pay or no pay and uncertain of when they can go back. People aren't all as financially stable as they were before the pandemic.

Even those of us that are financially stable are cutting back on a lot of expenses due to that uncertain future.

On top of that, with so many abandoned games, people have started waiting until devs establish themselves and at least finish a project before backing them.
I'm really sorry for what you all experienced. As the dev I could have done a lot of things to make it a bit better. But My plot is as it is. I thought ending it that way will be better for the starting of CR2. But I cant end a game I have been working for 6 months by making players disappointed.
So I will update an extended ending in a couple of days and I hope the last bit of crap logic of the ending will make some sense.
Sorry for the bad experience. I hope you all can believe in me one more time and try out the extended ending.
Sorry. And thank you all for your precious reviews.

Last edited:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I'm really sorry for what you all experienced. As the dev I could have done a lot of things to make it a bit better. But My plot is as it is. I thought ending it that way will be better for the starting of CR2. But I cant end a game I have been working for 6 months by making players disappointed.
So I will update an extended ending in a couple of days and I hope the last bit of crap logic of the ending will make some sense.
Sorry for the bad experience. I hope you all can believe in me one more time and try out the extended ending.
Sorry. And thank you all for your precious reviews.
No, don't apologise.

It's your first time and it's a learning curve,

I didn't make that post to make you feel bad or take anything away from the work you've put in. I was just letting you know it's going to take a bit to get that word of mouth advertising you'll need.

It wasn't a bad experience by any means nor is it the only bad ending we've seen. You've joined the likes of BioWare now who had a very public issue with people finding one of their endings particularly bad.

We all know twists in the plot can add some interest but it was more of a gut punch than a let down. We went through the game, picked the girl, got a happy ending then it was taken away and it felt like all we'd done was for naught.

Sure, it could be leading on to a sequel but the problem with twists that change everything like that is it means people have to wait for the payoff while thinking they lost what they had worked towards.

I'll leave you with this, if any dev had done that they would have got the same reaction no matter how popular that dev is. I've seen incredibly popular devs get backlash for certain plot elements. It happens.

Reactions: acewinz and Valronn

Geowraith

Jan 28, 2020
General plot, pacing and grammar could have used some polish... but ending the story that way? Seriously?

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
I didn't play this at all until it came up in the latest updates with the extended ending and I can see the complaints above and i can understand why people would have been annoyed but since I played it with only the extended ending and it actually explains what happened then I can say it was an acceptable ending, though I did wonder what happened to Maria.

DeVilBro

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2018
I did wonder what happened to Maria
That's a tale for Crimson Roses 2. I'll try to make sure nothing that requires explanation gets left undone when the game ends.

lanim

Jul 31, 2017
At begin,(must check later in the game) i receive a lot of "image not found" error, is normal?

DeVilBro

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2018
At begin,(must check later in the game) i receive a lot of "image not found" error, is normal?
An error is never normal.
I am pretty sure the final release contains all the necessary images. Shouldnt give image not found error. Maybe try deletaing and re extracting or download again. Maybe that will fix it.

ianpac

Oct 31, 2018
Cool game overall. Kinda sucked we could only pick one chick at the end. Enjoyed the story though and excited for the next game!!

DeVilBro

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2018
Cool game overall. Kinda sucked we could only pick one chick at the end. Enjoyed the story though and excited for the next game!!
You can try again or try looking at the walkthrough. There is a harem ending.
Thanks for playing.

2.50 star(s) 4 Votes