Others Crisis Point: Extinction [v0.47] [Anon42]

4.60 star(s) 30 Votes

zeximhin

May 24, 2020
Hello again everyone. I'm here to give another status update on things currently being worked on, albeit shorter & not as in depth as before. These are more of a rough timeline (no dates! too lazy haha)

- Work on New Birch Animations (Finished & Exported cutscene animations (1~2 larger, 1 smaller. May or may not be approved.)
- Picked out takes for Rod's new recordings
- Picked out takes for Verreda's new recordings
- New Alicia Hoverboots animations (Jumping, Falling, Landing, Sprinting)
- Animations for the
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
- Changed almost all (or all) hard-coded text in the game (menus, conversations, collectibles/upgrades) to external text files for easier localization.

17-Lapis

Aug 21, 2023
Hi, been loving this game so far holy shit like this is an actual quality title, I'm for sure buying the full release.
I'm stuck though because I can't find the hover boots. Can anyone guide me? So far I've unlocked up to the unfinished subaquatic caverns lab.

(Also, would like some scenes with the base members in the future. Lesbian scissoring between verreda and alicia, or maybe rodriguez finally getting some love, even if it ends up just being a titfuck for comedic purposes)

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
Reactions: 17-Lapis

Sidmanc

Jul 8, 2024
The first one; you simply don't. There's no way to dash underwater, plu it looks more like an exit gap than a way to get inside there.
For the last two, those are not accessible doors. Most of what you asked for is from a last area, place where current build ends so it might change once the game updates.
The guy at base said something about revisting caves and summit, and a similar door in summit opened after a particular discussion with that guy before, so I wonder if I just need to trigger some event.
What about areas inaccessible due to water flow, is there an item that would circumvent that? I'm missing one upgrade on the bottom right corner.

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
The guy at base said something about revisting caves and summit, and a similar door in summit opened after a particular discussion with that guy before, so I wonder if I just need to trigger some event.
What about areas inaccessible due to water flow, is there an item that would circumvent that? I'm missing one upgrade on the bottom right corner.
No way to pass through water flow atm. I even tried by enabling debug mode with no avail. If you're missing just one upgrade/item, then you may want to look up in this thread or grab my most recent savefile (in this thread, not so long ago).

Edit: If you could post the coordenates of said upgrade, I may be able to tell you how I got it.

Sidmanc

Jul 8, 2024
No way to pass through water flow atm. I even tried by enabling debug mode with no avail. If you're missing just one upgrade/item, then you may want to look up in this thread or grab my most recent savefile (in this thread, not so long ago).

Edit: If you could post the coordenates of said upgrade, I may be able to tell you how I got it.
This one. something.jpg

Anything important I miss on the map?
map.jpg

Or rather, is there a picture of fully discovered map anywhere so I could compare it myself?

Last edited:

stc05

May 28, 2024
When I run the game, it seems to work but the start game menu disappears immediately after clicking on it or pressing 'k' to select it. Has anyone else run into this control issue? Is it an issue with keyboard/mouse, or certain downloads of this game? thx

EDIT: definitely some kind of control issue -- when the game is in focus, some key is being constantly triggered. Don't have autoclickers or whatnot set up.

Last edited:

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
This one. View attachment 3913858

Anything important I miss on the map?
View attachment 3913861

Or rather, is there a picture of fully discovered map anywhere so I could compare it myself?
I'm not at home rn, but I recall that's not an avilable upgrade at this point (it should be added once Anon makes some progress on development).
For the map question, you seem to have explored all that's there to explore. If any, you seem to have left some undiscovered sections from big rooms, which either don't contain anything at all or are wip gates.

Reactions: Sidmanc

M0nochrome

Dec 29, 2022
Dont know if anyone else is having this issue but i will save the game, leave, and the game acts like i never saved so playing it is pointless

stc05

May 28, 2024
When I run the game, it seems to work but the start game menu disappears immediately after clicking on it or pressing 'k' to select it. Has anyone else run into this control issue? Is it an issue with keyboard/mouse, or certain downloads of this game? thx

EDIT: definitely some kind of control issue -- when the game is in focus, some key is being constantly triggered. Don't have autoclickers or whatnot set up.
looks like my gamepad, which was inactive but plugged in, was not playing nice. I unplugged it. That dealt with the issue.

Not sure why people interpret this game as being 'consensual', given what happens in the Catacombs.

Joy666

Sep 8, 2020
Do you guys have any idea when this game will be complete? I remember playing it in 2020 and seeing that it seemed to have a lot of potential. Today, with 8 years of develop, the game smells like a Yandere simulator to me, since so many years have passed and the progress seems to have been quite slow. They may be making a very long game, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Reactions: Sidmanc

Uhm3032

Dec 28, 2023
Do you guys have any idea when this game will be complete? I remember playing it in 2020 and seeing that it seemed to have a lot of potential. Today, with 8 years of develop, the game smells like a Yandere simulator to me, since so many years have passed and the progress seems to have been quite slow. They may be making a very long game, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
You haven't been keeping up with the devs haven't you? I guess i'll give you an explanation. So, ever since 0.46 of the game came in, the lead developer has been having some personal problems here and there, that's why 0.47 took so long because of that. And they have been continuing on their work with the game, it has been going straight after like... In between March and August (which is now). I haven't visited their patreon yet to check of there are any updates regarding on the game's next update (which is 0.49). I just wish the devs the best. And also, to the people who kept complaining about the next update, just have some patience, please. We have waited for long enough. But a little bit more perseverance and patience isn't going to hurt no one. Give you dick a break for christ's sake.

zeximhin

May 24, 2020
At the current rate of progress, I'd assume the game will be finished in another 2-3 years unless they manage to somehow get development going extremely fast. 2023 was an extremely rough year on the developer, Anon himself admitting that he wasn't too proud of the lack of progress on the game. However, development has been going steadily now for the last 9-ish months, with some major work being done at the moment in terms of reworking CURRENT story content, and if I remember correctly, he's finished writing the whole story as of now, with it being converted to external localization files.

I occasionally post updates gathered from their daily updates channel in order to give people an idea of what they've been working on (and because a TON of people ask "when update?" etc), so if you're ever interested in what's going on with the game, feel free to check those out, or join the developer's discord to view them yourself. Cheers!

Reactions: PervyGoddess
4.60 star(s) 30 Votes