Others Crisis Point: Extinction [v0.47] [Anon42]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Yakaro

Jun 6, 2019
Please my actual and advanced save is totally corrupted , i cant do an other save so im definitly stuck on the same checkpoint whenever i found a new checkpoint i'm entered the catacomb and when i start to load my advenced save i need to do all progression i do last time .. So i decide to do an other file save and doing all the game an other time but when i save a new file game on checkpoint he count on the old advenced file so i cant supress this old save and i cant start a new game because i cant save it ... pls help me i love ur game ( my english is bad sry )

jaderde

Jun 16, 2018
Hopefully. Our CGs are unfortunately backed up right now, so they'll be worked on in order of importance. I don't think the Kertalus CG will make it for the v0.39 update, but hopefully v0.40.
it's okay i'll wait ang keep up the good work of this game and make it beautiful of Kertalus CG scene and how about the other CG of the Warped Sentry ??

1585147514980.png

this 2nd CG of this ???

Last edited:

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Please my actual and advanced save is totally corrupted , i cant do an other save so im definitly stuck on the same checkpoint whenever i found a new checkpoint i'm entered the catacomb and when i start to load my advenced save i need to do all progression i do last time .. So i decide to do an other file save and doing all the game an other time but when i save a new file game on checkpoint he count on the old advenced file so i cant supress this old save and i cant start a new game because i cant save it ... pls help me i love ur game ( my english is bad sry )
I'm very sorry, but I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. If you're having save issues, though, you can find your save file in Appdata > Local > Crisis_Point_Extinction, under the name save1.ini (or save1.cpe for the older saves, before I reworked the save file structure). If you're having trouble using an older save in a newer version of the game, I'm afraid I don't guarantee support for bringing save data from old versions to new versions; I try to make sure they're compatible, but sometimes they might not be, and in those cases you'll need to start a new save. If your old save is somehow interfering with your new game, your best bet is to go to the location I listed up above and delete the old save entirely, then start over.

it's okay i'll wait ang keep up the good work of this game and make it beautiful of Kertalus CG scene and how about the other CG of the Warped Sentry ??

View attachment 597538

this 2nd CG of this ???
I'm sorry, 2nd CG? We aren't doing 2nd CGs for any enemies. If you mean the rework of the Sentry CG, it'll happen eventually, but the brand new CGs are a higher priority.

I really want to know if Warped Sentry can impregnate Alice. Make it posible Anon, do it for science, do it for Birch.
#GiveCrisisPointpregnancy
Pretty sure I've said it before, but I don't plan on adding pregnancy to Crisis Point, sorry.

Reactions: jaderde

Lasucrom

Aug 27, 2018
I'm very sorry, but I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. If you're having save issues, though, you can find your save file in Appdata > Local > Crisis_Point_Extinction, under the name save1.ini (or save1.cpe for the older saves, before I reworked the save file structure). If you're having trouble using an older save in a newer version of the game, I'm afraid I don't guarantee support for bringing save data from old versions to new versions; I try to make sure they're compatible, but sometimes they might not be, and in those cases you'll need to start a new save. If your old save is somehow interfering with your new game, your best bet is to go to the location I listed up above and delete the old save entirely, then start over.

I'm sorry, 2nd CG? We aren't doing 2nd CGs for any enemies. If you mean the rework of the Sentry CG, it'll happen eventually, but the brand new CGs are a higher priority.

Pretty sure I've said it before, but I don't plan on adding pregnancy to Crisis Point, sorry.
:cry:

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
(The following is (mostly) a copy-paste from our If you like what you see, )

Hey everyone, time for another CPE development update! This week I've got a few more visuals to show off from our work on Area 5, as well as some general information on accessibility features I want to add for v0.39.

new_parallax.gif
First off, the gif you see above. Puffernutter worked on a parallax background for us to put below the surface of the water, in area 5 so it's not quite as plain as a flat color. We plan to do a bit more with the background than just this, but this is what we have for it so far. She's also been working on some more bits and pieces I can put in the environment, one of which is the large swaying plant you see in the background there.

new_enemy.gif
As you can see, I also spent some time this week giving our new enemy some animations, including a completed idle animation and a WIP projectile attack animation. He's been surprisingly fun to animate so far! Orexius has also started on his first H-scene, so hopefully that will be ready in time for v0.39 as well.

Screen_23.png
Next up is a last-minute thing I wanted to start working on. I looked through our Patreon exit surveys recently, and found a survey from someone who was unable to play the game because of a disability they suffer from. This was kind of a wake up call for me; I don't want this to happen to anybody who wants to play the game, so in the hopes that I can improve somebody else's experience in the future, I'm going to officially start adding in some accessibility options. I've also wanted to add in a gameplay options menu for a while, to implement some options for people to turn on/off, and it's a great opportunity to add accessibility features as well.

None of the accessibility options listed there are functional yet, but here's what they are and how they will function:

- Toggle Blaster. As stated in the screenshot above, when enabled, pressing the Shoot button will toggle the blaster on, and it will continue to automatically fire until the button is pressed again to toggle it off.
- Blaster Auto-Aim. When enabled, the player will still have to turn left/right to face enemies, but Alicia will automatically target the nearest enemy in her field of vision, simplifying aiming controls.
- Always Full Jumps. When enabled, Alicia will always jump to her full height, even when the Jump button is released early, allowing you to simply press the button to jump instead of holding it.
- Auto-Dash. When enabled, if the Jump button is held down while jumping, Alicia will automatically dash in the direction the player is holding once she reaches the peak of her jump, allowing you to cross larger gaps without extra button inputs.
- Gameplay Speed. Reduces the speed the game runs at, reducing the demand for reaction times and precise inputs. Now, unfortunately this option is going to take a MASSIVE amount of work to implement properly; Crisis Point's game logic is currently frame-dependant, which means if the game runs below 60 fps, everything runs slower. Changing game logic to be independent of framerate is an absurdly huge amount of work, and while I do want to try to make it happen, I don't think it'll happen until closer to the game's completion. That being said, I WILL still be implementing this feature, just in a simpler way, by lowering the game's framerate; it will make the visuals choppier, but hopefully for anyone who struggles with the speed of the game, it will still be able to improve their experience until I can do it right.

I have plenty of other ideas for accessibility features too, including an easier difficulty level I plan on adding in v0.39, but I'm definitely looking for any and all feedback on this! If you have a disability yourself, or just have ideas on accessibility features to implement, please don't hesitate to comment here or DM me! To anyone who does have a disability who has struggled to play the game because of it, I'm so very sorry that I hadn't considered your needs up until this point. Getting that exit survey made me realize how very real and important this is, and I'm determined to improve our accessibility so that everyone can play and enjoy CPE.

Alright, that's it for this week! I did a bunch of other things this week, including finalizing about 8 cutscene/dialogue scripts (some of which will not be in this update) and sending them off to our actors, so it's been an extremely productive week for us. Thank you very much for reading, and we'll see you in the next update!

bestpasswrd

Jul 10, 2017
You know what I'd kinda like to see? I feel like it might be more work than it appears but I'd like to see special scene triggers involving H-mechanics and possibly different one-off endings. Let me try to explain.

I don't remember exactly but Birch (the scientist I think?) wondered if the semen produced by the warp female soldiers functions like normal semen produced by males during the female soldier CGs. Sometimes I like to go visit and let Alicia have her fun multiple times and I wondered "Hey, wouldn't she get pregnant since she's visting the female soldiers too many times?". Or at least one of the characters would call her out for enjoying one enemy too many times, ala "We've prepared the slime room and the slimes to your liking since you've been making a lot of repeat visits".

Then I thought it'd be kinda cool to see alternative cutscenes or possible endings by fulfilling different requirements that you have to go out of the way to do and can't be fulfilled during normal gameplay. I was definitely thinking of the different Nier Automata optional endings. I dunno, just a thought.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
You know what I'd kinda like to see? I feel like it might be more work than it appears but I'd like to see special scene triggers involving H-mechanics and possibly different one-off endings. Let me try to explain.

I don't remember exactly but Birch (the scientist I think?) wondered if the semen produced by the warp female soldiers functions like normal semen produced by males during the female soldier CGs. Sometimes I like to go visit and let Alicia have her fun multiple times and I wondered "Hey, wouldn't she get pregnant since she's visting the female soldiers too many times?". Or at least one of the characters would call her out for enjoying one enemy too many times, ala "We've prepared the slime room and the slimes to your liking since you've been making a lot of repeat visits".

Then I thought it'd be kinda cool to see alternative cutscenes or possible endings by fulfilling different requirements that you have to go out of the way to do and can't be fulfilled during normal gameplay. I was definitely thinking of the different Nier Automata optional endings. I dunno, just a thought.
I can definitely see the fun in doing something like that, but it is a LOT of work for something superfluous to the core game. Planning, writing, voice acting, getting new art made, probably making a new UI to keep track of all the different endings.. Bare minimum, it would be nearly as much effort as creating entirely new CGs, possibly even more, since we'd be retrofitting it into content that was never planned to have that sort of thing, which always makes it more difficult than if it was planned that way in the first place. I'm sorry to have to disappoint, but I really don't see us doing anything like that for Crisis Point, not if we ever want to be able to finish the game

SonicMan1234

Mar 17, 2019
Hey Anon, I've been wondering for a while, but why did you decide to do voice acting for this? I mean, I think it's fine and needed for some stuff (moans and sex stuff, particularly) but it seems like something that you'd probably want to add near the end of development once the core game is nearly finished.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Hey Anon, I've been wondering for a while, but why did you decide to do voice acting for this? I mean, I think it's fine and needed for some stuff (moans and sex stuff, particularly) but it seems like something that you'd probably want to add near the end of development once the core game is nearly finished.
Traditionally, yeah, you'd want to wait until the game is near complete. Patreon development is trickier than regular game development in many aspects like that, though; people tend to assume if something is missing from the game *now*, that's just how it's gonna be forever, and judge the game accordingly. I only get one chance for the game to make a good first impression, so it's not really something I can just set aside, especially since we have mid-gameplay conversations that would be impossible to follow without voice acting

SonicMan1234

Mar 17, 2019
Traditionally, yeah, you'd want to wait until the game is near complete. Patreon development is trickier than regular game development in many aspects like that, though; people tend to assume if something is missing from the game *now*, that's just how it's gonna be forever, and judge the game accordingly. I only get one chance for the game to make a good first impression, so it's not really something I can just set aside, especially since we have mid-gameplay conversations that would be impossible to follow without voice acting
Mm, that's what I figured. Makes sense. Thanks for the answer!

Reactions: Anon42

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017

Hey everybody, time for another CPE development update! I don't have a ton to show off this week, since I spent a lot of my time working on the accessibility features I announced last update. The good news is, over the week, I managed to implement every single one of them - there's still some testing and tweaking to do, but they're all functional already, so any players in need of them will be able to use them once v0.39 comes out! I also plan on adding an easier difficulty level as well, which I'll probably work on during this next week. With all those options, I really hope anyone who struggled playing CPE before will have a much more enjoyable time going forward.

area5_newbg.gif
The gif you see up above contains some more of the Area 5 background work Puffernutter did this week. There's now a rock layer at the surface of the water (which you can see at the start of the gif) that will act as a transition point between the above and below water areas. The above-water section still hasn't received much love yet unfortunately, but we'll get working on that soon. Underwater, we also have some breaks in the rock wall pattern, through which you can see some more parallax layers, to add some nice depth to the scene. In general during this update I've learned some new techniques for handling parallax environment art, and it's really nice to bring it all together for a brand new area! I'm really happy with how it's turning out, and I expect this to be the nicest looking area in CPE by far.

Aside from accessibility features and the background art, I mostly worked on more Area 5 level design this week. I want there to be a decent amount of stuff to explore in Area 5, so a LOT of my work for the rest of this update will be focused on that, and future weekly updates might end up staying pretty small - sorry about that! Orexius is working on the new enemy's H-scene, Red is still plugging away at the Torguis CG in his limited spare time, and I'm also looking into hiring some new people to voice new characters! I can't guarantee they'll be introduced in this update, just because of the amount of work that's left to do, but I'm trying my best to get them prepared in time, so fingers crossed.

Alright, that's it for this week's update! Thank you all very much for reading, and for continuing to follow us! We'll see you in the next update!

Reactions: venvy

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Hey people. me again.
Where can i find the stuff necessary to go underwater?
You'll want to focus your attention in the Deep Soil for that.

Hey everybody. Not gonna beat around the bush, I don't really have anything to show this week, so this update will be purely text. We still got work done, of course, but it's all been on stuff that I can't really show off. So instead of showing off individual things we worked on, I figured I'd go ahead and give a general status update to let you know what we've been doing, and what's left for this update.

Most of what I did this week was, surprise surprise, working on Area 5. Mostly, it boiled down to level design and script work; I mentioned before that I finished writing a bunch of scripts for this update, and this week I got the majority of the voice acting back from our actors, so I spent a lot of time going over audio and picking out takes. We've also hired new VAs for the new characters I mentioned in last week's update, so with any luck they'll make their debut as well. Since I have most of the voice acting I need, all that's left for the new cutscenes and conversations is to implement them; there are some unique cutscene animations that we won't have ready, so some of the cutscenes might seem a little odd/incomplete, but c'est la vie, such is the nature of game development.

Anyway, Orexius and Red are still working on their respective scenes, and Puffernutter continued working on Area 5 stuff (she's currently focused on the above-water portion; we have a lot more we want to do with the underwater spaces, but for now her attention is better spent on the sparse above-water space).

As far as what we have left for v0.39 - here's a quick rundown.
-More level design for Area 5
-As much environment detail as we can pack into Area 5 (this work will definitely continue into future updates)
-Implementing all the cutscenes and conversations I wrote (there's a lot of them)
-Adding an easier "Story" difficulty mode, which will dramatically reduce the difficulty if chosen
-New enemy still needs to be completed, is missing some intended functionality
-New sound effects needed for various things, like the new enemy
-More testing of new accessibility features, to ensure they all work as intended and the game can be completed with them active
-New enemy H-scene, and Torguis CG scene need to be finished

That's all the things I DEFINITELY want to get done for this update; I also want to possibly implement another upgrade, but it's very possible I won't have the time to do it. It may not seem like there's much left to do, but seeing as how we're already 1/3rd through this month, it's definitely getting down to the wire, and level design especially takes a LOT of time.

Anyway, that's all I have for this week. Sorry there's not really anything to show off, we're definitely at that point in the update cycle where all our exciting stuff has already been done and we're just plugging away at all the less interesting/more secretive stuff to get the update ready for release. As always, thank you all so very much for the support. See you in next week's update!

Reactions: jomijoan
4.60 star(s) 29 Votes