Others Crisis Point: Extinction [v0.47] [Anon42]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Philf95

Sep 18, 2017
Trying to play but it doesn't recognize the version of DirectX I have installed and crashes after the introduction. At least, I think that's why it's crashing but I can't for the life of me tell. It looks really good and I'm excited to try it. Any idea what's going on?

Crash message:

############################################################################################
FATAL ERROR in Vertex Shader compilation
ShaderName: shdLighting_HueShift

D3DXCompile failed - result

at gml_Object_objGlobalControl_Draw_77
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Object_objGlobalControl_Draw_77 (line -1)

unionkil057

Apr 13, 2018
In the Deep Soil area you reach after the Catacombs there's an item that allows you to move normally but at half speed underwater, you have to beat the Poison Alraune and head upwards in that area to find it if I remember right.
Can you tall the locate???
like " x 20 y 30 "

Nildzre

Mar 30, 2018
So i have this problem where i can't seem to be able to get to the weighted boots because all the routes to that part of the map are blocked off for some reason. Any ideas?

Nevermind, i figured it out. I'm so dumb.

Last edited:
Reactions: baltmaster420
Mar 16, 2018
fucken love this game, so much polish.
btw, is there anything planned to come out of those pots in the summit besides force shot ammo? like health drops or slimes/other enemies?

Reactions: Anon42

Romirom

Jul 5, 2018
music, visuals, gameplay you can see the devs put their hearts into the game. classical metroid-vania type of game. it's very inspired by the old snes times. the animations are great and the story is amusing. i had to really think a few times because i was stuck but eventually i made it through. the bossfight with the two worms was freaking hard but also a lot of fun.

in my opinion one of the best looking lewd sidescroller out there.

thanks!

Reactions: Anon42

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Thank you very much for all the kind words everyone! I'm so glad you enjoy Crisis Point so much.

Trying to play but it doesn't recognize the version of DirectX I have installed and crashes after the introduction. At least, I think that's why it's crashing but I can't for the life of me tell. It looks really good and I'm excited to try it. Any idea what's going on?

Crash message:

FATAL ERROR in Vertex Shader compilation
ShaderName: shdLighting_HueShift

D3DXCompile failed - result

at gml_Object_objGlobalControl_Draw_77
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Object_objGlobalControl_Draw_77 (line -1)
You need a specific version of DirectX for games made with this engine.. I think it's some version of DirectX 9? Sorry, this issue crops up every once in a while, but it's super rare for a computer to NOT have the proper version, so I can never remember the exact version needed.

anyone able to share a full gallery unlock save? just dont wanna go through the full game again. thanks
If you have an existing save file, it should work with future versions of the game typically. It doesn't always work, but I do my best to ensure saves are compatible between versions so you don't have to restart from scratch.

fucken love this game, so much polish.
btw, is there anything planned to come out of those pots in the summit besides force shot ammo? like health drops or slimes/other enemies?
Nah, just the force shot ammo. I like scattering force shot ammo around to encourage people to actually use it more, since a lot of players tend to ignore it :p Plus the little bits of interactive environment are fun to have.

baltmaster420

Dec 24, 2019
So i have this problem where i can't seem to be able to get to the weighted boots because all the routes to that part of the map are blocked off for some reason. Any ideas?

Nevermind, i figured it out. I'm so dumb.
So how did you manage to get through it? can't seemed to find a way either

Nildzre

Mar 30, 2018
So how did you manage to get through it? can't seemed to find a way either
You need to go back to the 2nd region (the brown one) there was a metal gate/door thingy that will open up. That's where you progress and get the flamer upgrade that can clear up the way for you later.

baltmaster420

Dec 24, 2019
You need to go back to the 2nd region (the brown one) there was a metal gate/door thingy that will open up. That's where you progress and get the flamer upgrade that can clear up the way for you later.
Thanks a bunch, what would be the coordinates if I may ask?

Jul 31, 2017
Thank you very much for all the kind words everyone! I'm so glad you enjoy Crisis Point so much.

You need a specific version of DirectX for games made with this engine.. I think it's some version of DirectX 9? Sorry, this issue crops up every once in a while, but it's super rare for a computer to NOT have the proper version, so I can never remember the exact version needed.

If you have an existing save file, it should work with future versions of the game typically. It doesn't always work, but I do my best to ensure saves are compatible between versions so you don't have to restart from scratch.

Nah, just the force shot ammo. I like scattering force shot ammo around to encourage people to actually use it more, since a lot of players tend to ignore it :p Plus the little bits of interactive environment are fun to have.
i reset my windows and dont have my old saves.

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018

you saved me some money

v0.40 MAJOR FEATURES AND CHANGES

-Implemented a new mobility powerup, Hoverjets
-New H-scene added with Poison Alraune (also finished Crystal Dragon H-scene climax animation)
-Added new CG scene with the Torguis
-Added more areas to explore in the Subaquatic Caverns
-Upgraded above-water background art in Subaquatic Caverns
-Optimized Subaquatic Caverns somewhat, so weaker computers hopefully won't encounter performance issues anymore
-Added several new cutscenes and environmental dialogues
-Fixed more bugs and minor issues (detailed list at the end of the post)

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes