Others Crisis Point: Extinction [v0.47] [Anon42]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Halderim

Oct 14, 2017
There is a softlock in game room x18 y36 where you get the ledge grab item, if you move over the left wall without picking up the item you can't get out anymore and need to reload for the last save.

Reactions: Anon42

Jacky1x5

May 8, 2019
There is a softlock in game room x18 y36 where you get the ledge grab item, if you move over the left wall without picking up the item you can't get out anymore and need to reload for the last save.
Those are vines unless you went to the deep soil from the old way then you should have flare power to burn them. I think the idea way is to go to there from the catacombs now which is where the flare power is located, however, I can see that being a problem if it is still possible to go to deep soil like in a older version as once I had debugger mode on I was able to still trigger the dialog from the old way.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Thanks for the report - I thought it was impossible to jump over that wall without the ledge grab, but after testing it just now I was able to replicate it. I'll make sure to modify the design there so it can't be done anymore.

Those are vines unless you went to the deep soil from the old way then you should have flare power to burn them. I think the idea way is to go to there from the catacombs now which is where the flare power is located, however, I can see that being a problem if it is still possible to go to deep soil like in a older version as once I had debugger mode on I was able to still trigger the dialog from the old way.

It's possible (and intended) to enter the Deep Soil from either direction, yeah - whether you enter from the upper section by using the Dash in the Caves, or by entering through the bottom section using the Flare Shot from the Catacombs. It was designed in such a way to prevent softlocks and force you to pick up the ledge grab before you can leave that little spot, but you can juuuust barely make it over that wall with a very precise jump.

Reactions: Halderim

Halderim

Oct 14, 2017
It's possible (and intended) to enter the Deep Soil from either direction, yeah - whether you enter from the upper section by using the Dash in the Caves, or by entering through the bottom section using the Flare Shot from the Catacombs. It was designed in such a way to prevent softlocks and force you to pick up the ledge grab before you can leave that little spot, but you can juuuust barely make it over that wall with a very precise jump.
Yeah it is barely doable ... the thing is I did manage to do this jump first try, you could say, because I did not see the item as I dropped down there, jumped and was on top, was kind of a silly move even to jump then down the other side :D

Trying to replicate the jump on the second try took me multiple attempts then. I guess only a minor change will be needed to prevent this.

Reactions: Anon42

PJ627

Jun 11, 2020
Does anybody know how to get the omnidash? I've seen where they're supposed to be in the catacombs but they just aren't there for me?

gemini20xx

Oct 17, 2017
I forgot how to dash, please help ?
Action button whilst moving.

Does anybody know how to get the omnidash? I've seen where they're supposed to be in the catacombs but they just aren't there for me?
Omnidash is usually found at the end of each version of the game, but has been replaced with the hoverboots I think. You can tell if its the right area if there's a set of crates with a note on them there.

JAvatar

Mar 9, 2018
Action button whilst moving.

Omnidash is usually found at the end of each version of the game, but has been replaced with the hoverboots I think. You can tell if its the right area if there's a set of crates with a note on them there.
Less "replaced" by the hoverboots. Once you get to that point, have the hoverboots and the prof moves to the area, you unlock the debug menu with infinite double jumps (and the hoverboots).

PJ627

Jun 11, 2020
Oh ok thanks! I'll try to find those instead lol

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
(The following is (mostly) a copy-paste from our If you like what you see, )

New-Wire-Shot.gif

Hey everybody! As you can see above, it's time to show off the thing I was talking about recently - the Wire Shot rework! I mentioned recently that I had thought up a rework for an older powerup that I was never fully happy with, and well, here it is! Part of it, at least. For comparison's sake, I also recorded the old Wire Shot which you can see below, just so you can see how different it is:

Old-Wire-Shot.gif

Pretty big difference, huh?

The rework focused on two things: making the process of using the Wire Shot much quicker, and bringing its functionality more in line with Crisis Point's design fundamentals. CPE as a game is designed heavily around mobility; the old Wire Shot was slow, and kept you rooted in place while you used it, opening you up to attacks - especially if you missed your shot and had to wait for it to fully extend before returning. Even if you used it successfully, it wasn't fun. It was tedious to wait for the platform you pulled down to start moving upward again, and on top of all that you could only use it on the ground, and only in the cardinal directions. Now, using the Wire Shot is as simple as can be - the game auto-targets any Wire Shot target that's nearby and above you, and hitting the Wire Shot button will immediately zip you over to it, no need for aiming or awkward fumbling. You don't even have to be on the ground to use it anymore!

Hopefully you're as excited about this change as I am - I have some ideas to further incorporate the Wire Shot into platforming across the game, now that it's much more satisfying to use, and I can't wait to implement them! The functionality isn't 100% complete yet, I still have numerous bugs I need to fix, and I want to add in some changes to horizontal pull-blocks as well, but it's functional enough that I'm happy to show it off!

Aside from the Wire Shot rework, Orexius has started work on the BE H-scene for the Crystal Dragon, and our musician is working on pumping out some new tracks for the game as well!

That's all I have for this week's update, though. As I've stated before, our weekly updates are going to be pretty small for a while - we're still working on CPE, but we're spending a lot of our time preparing for the move. The good news is that we have a house lined up at the new place now, so all that's left is to actually get there! Easier said than done, right? Anyway, thanks for reading, and for continuing to support us! We'll see you next week with another development update!

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
It's great to see progress and all but it's gotten tedious to go through the whole thing just to see a few additional content every release
If you want tedious, try actually developing a game lol

EDIT: Just realized I slightly misread part of this comment, so I just want to let you know, you shouldn't have to play through the entire game every time an update drops. The save file from the last version should carry over without issues 9 times out of 10, so you can just pick it up from around the last point of the previous update. You'll miss things that were added to the earlier parts of the game of course, like new/updated cutscenes, but it'll work fine for any further content being added.

Last edited:
Reactions: axelaen

Squirtward94

Sep 3, 2017
So how come there is a gallery for v.02 but not v.04? Am I missing something?

Edit - Only asking because there's a gallery exe for an older version. Made by the dev perhaps?

Also also, how does one access the boss animations as seen in said Gallery EXE? I'm in the gallery room but I only see regular enemies and the holes in the top of the levels are gone >.<

Last edited:
Reactions: Leonadis77

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
So how come there is a gallery for v.02 but not v.04? Am I missing something?

Edit - Only asking because there's a gallery exe for an older version. Made by the dev perhaps?
The gallery is made by me, yes, but it's a Patron-only reward and was made after v0.40. v0.40 itself was pirated just 2-3 days after it came out, and the gallery update wasn't made by that point, so it hasn't been pirated yet.

nightsight

Game Developer
Mar 25, 2019
Anon42 i know many people been asking for a wall jump ability and you said it would cause issues but what about a wall latch / grab ability ? like a glove upgrade for MC :eek: that you can use to climb up walls VS jump up them?

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Anon42 i know many people been asking for a wall jump ability and you said it would cause issues but what about a wall latch / grab ability ? like a glove upgrade for MC :eek: that you can use to climb up walls VS jump up them?
So kinda like the monkey transformation in Shantae? It's not a bad idea, but the game hasn't been designed with that in mind up 'til now, so it might feel rather forced - in general I have the final upgrade set for CPE planned out already, and it's pretty unlikely that I'll accept new ideas at this point. Not to discourage suggestions, I'm always happy to hear them, just know that it's not super likely for new ideas to be added at this stage in development!

nightsight

Game Developer
Mar 25, 2019
So kinda like the monkey transformation in Shantae? It's not a bad idea, but the game hasn't been designed with that in mind up 'til now, so it might feel rather forced - in general I have the final upgrade set for CPE planned out already, and it's pretty unlikely that I'll accept new ideas at this point. Not to discourage suggestions, I'm always happy to hear them, just know that it's not super likely for new ideas to be added at this stage in development!
that makes me happy hearing that =^-^= cant wait for more updates!

JAvatar

Mar 9, 2018
For me, it's less a suggestion, and more a hope/feeler. I'm hoping to see more double penetration with the sprites, the way slimes and the redheads can. And, I know, that is a lot of work: collision detection, animating, BE animating, etc. All the coding involved with it. But, it is something I really do enjoy, and hope to see more. Will there be a chance for that?

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
For me, it's less a suggestion, and more a hope/feeler. I'm hoping to see more double penetration with the sprites, the way slimes and the redheads can. And, I know, that is a lot of work: collision detection, animating, BE animating, etc. All the coding involved with it. But, it is something I really do enjoy, and hope to see more. Will there be a chance for that?
I do plan on having more threesome scenes yes, they're just very low priority since they aren't really *required* for anything, development-wise, and we're severely backed up on necessary animations. Not every enemy will get them, but hopefully we can start adding some more once we catch up on our animation backlog

Reactions: Just_Monika
4.60 star(s) 29 Votes