Others Crisis Point: Extinction [v0.47] [Anon42]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

TakosMilGrau

Sep 25, 2018
ok i'm kinda lost in the catacombs, i can't really see where to get the flamethrower
It'll be in a room with two evil scientists, two shield girls and one or two blue buff dudes. There's no way to get lost on the catacombs before getting it, it's basically a guided route til there.

Joker81118

May 23, 2020
I'm stuck in the forest. I got the alluraine n all the triggers n shots. I'm hearin catacombs. How do I even get there?

Reborn

Jun 17, 2017
It'll be in a room with two evil scientists, two shield girls and one or two blue buff dudes. There's no way to get lost on the catacombs before getting it, it's basically a guided route til there.
for guided route you mean to follow the lights in the catacombs? cause i keep getting lost since i go back to the start at some point
EDIT: found the way

Last edited:

broly965

Jul 6, 2017
The mega link on the first page for version 40.0 isn't working. The link is dead i guess.

Comdr-Cloud

Mar 9, 2019
How do you get the second key card and the hoverjets? I found one on the right side of the water area but I can't find the second. Im stuck and can't find any walkthough for that area. Any help would be apricated thank you.

Ashavi

Mar 28, 2018
Got a question about the save file location.
I had the game on a different laptop where I finished the current content and unlocked everything (I think).
My laptop was having a heart attack every 30 minutes, so I had to copy everything from it before formatting and then taking it to a tech to fix it.

Unnecessary info aside, I thought the save file was inside the game folder but looks like it isn't? Tried to launch the game on a different laptop and everything was reset.
So my question is, where is it located?
+
Does anyone have a completed save file? Don't feel like going through the whole game to unlock the current gallery again ^^"

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
where to find this ?
It's not implemented yet, you won't be able to find it

How do you get the second key card and the hoverjets? I found one on the right side of the water area but I can't find the second. Im stuck and can't find any walkthough for that area. Any help would be apricated thank you.
Go above the water level in the large room and head to the far left side of the screen, there's an exit there and you follow it to the second keycard

Unnecessary info aside, I thought the save file was inside the game folder but looks like it isn't? Tried to launch the game on a different laptop and everything was reset.
So my question is, where is it located?
Save files are located in AppData/Local/Crisis_Point_Extinction/save1.ini. If you copied/moved any files from the game folder itself, you should reinstall the latest version of the game before playing to avoid any issues, as those files carry all of the game's data and using an older file will inevitably cause issues

Comdr-Cloud

Mar 9, 2019
Go above the water level in the large room and head to the far left side of the screen, there's an exit there and you follow it to the second keycard
I think that's the one I already have. There are 3 exits on the left side. The middle one leads to a card I got that one. The only exit on the left I have not explored is the top one but I'm guessing you need the hoverjets to get too.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I think that's the one I already have. There are 3 exits on the left side. The middle one leads to a card I got that one. The only exit on the left I have not explored is the top one but I'm guessing you need the hoverjets to get too.
Ah, I thought you said you found the keycard on the right side of the water area? In that case, you'll want to go to the bottom right of the very large room instead, there's an entrance on that far bottom corner that will lead you to the other keycard

Comdr-Cloud

Mar 9, 2019
Thank you. Turns out I kept walking past it. I explored the right side 3 times but the key card is actually in the main room once you loop and exit the area on the right. It's right next to the exit.

Ashavi

Mar 28, 2018
Save files are located in AppData/Local/Crisis_Point_Extinction/save1.ini. If you copied/moved any files from the game folder itself, you should reinstall the latest version of the game before playing to avoid any issues, as those files carry all of the game's data and using an older file will inevitably cause issues
Ah, that would explain why It's blank. I didn't copy anything in the appdata folders, thinking it would be inside the game folder.
Oh well, guess I'll wait for the next update before I attempt replaying it again.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Thank you. Turns out I kept walking past it. I explored the right side 3 times but the key card is actually in the main room once you loop and exit the area on the right. It's right next to the exit.
Hm, interesting - I put the keycard in the main room in order to draw the player's attention to it while they're exploring that main room, it never crossed my mind that a player might accidentally bypass it while leaving through that section! I'll have to think about that a bit more then, maybe there's a solution to avoid that problem.

(The following is (mostly) a copy-paste from our If you like what you see, )

Hey everyone! Weekly updates have been gone for a long time thanks to our move across the country, but we're finally back in business and ready for action!

Before anything else, let me address the streams (or lack thereof) - I was all gung ho last week and ready to start streaming again, but as I was gearing up to start a stream, I realized something very important.. I don't actually have a second monitor anymore. My stream setup requires two; one screen for the stream itself, and another screen for all my secret development info, chat, music player, stream monitoring window, etc. So basically, unless I change my stream layout and style significantly, I can't actually start streaming again yet :' ) Orex's situation is even worse, since the only monitor he has right now is his cintiq screen. I plan on picking up a second monitor as soon as possible, but unfortunately it's not financially in the cards until probably next month. Furnishing a new house is expensive. So, for the time being, I won't be streaming just yet - but that doesn't mean work isn't getting done!

This week, I was mostly focused on following through with the Flare Shot+Melee reworks I've been talking about and holding polls on. For those of you who aren't aware, the Flare Shot in its current form (as a flamethrower) is being removed from the game entirely; its functionality of burning enemies/plants will be transfered to the melee attack, and the melee attack is getting some improvements to make it more usable and fun. The Flare Shot's Skills still need to be reworked to fit the new mechanics, and there's still some balancing to do here and there, but one of the major melee improvements happened this week:

air-melee.gif

Aerial melee attacks! For those of you who've played any of the Castlevania metroidvania games (SotN, Aria of Sorrow, etc), the air melee attack in CPE works very similarly to those games - you have full horizontal movement while doing an aerial melee attack, allowing you to stay very mobile in midair. If you land in the middle of a melee attack, your animation cancels immediately and you can go into any other action (another jump, a ground melee attack, a dash, shooting, etc). This makes aerial melee far more agile than ground melee, with the one concession being that it's a bit trickier to time a hit since you have much more movement during it. To compensate for this, melee as a whole had its damage reduced quite a bit - however, certain enemies now have an inherent weakness to melee strikes that causes them to take increased damage from them! This applies mostly to smaller enemies like the slimes and edovex, making melee a very effective tool for shutting those enemies down quickly and keeping you on the move. I made this change because melee was now far too strong for dealing with most enemy types, but it's also extremely satisfying to use on the smaller guys, so I wanted to maintain that fun without breaking the game's overall balance.

Another small improvement that came with the melee/Flare Shot changes is the game's control scheme, which you can see the changes to here:

Screen_50.png

As you can see, there is no longer a "subweapon switch" button. The UI element showing which subweapon you have equipped is still present, but that will be removed as well. Essentially, there is no longer any need to switch subweapons; all of them are given their own unique button instead, simplifying the game's controls greatly and allowing you to use all of your tools at a moment's notice with far more consistency. I might even be able to make certain tools more important for taking on specific enemies now, since all players are guaranteed to always have easy access to those tools.

Lastly, a small shot of the new Wire Shot shenanigans!

sequential-wire.gif

As you may know, Crisis Point previously had a mechanic I internally called "Wire Rides", which you would attach to using the Wire Shot and then you were able to move left/right/up/down while staying attached to them via your Wire Shot cable. I had a lot of ideas for using Wire Rides, but none of them ever ended up being implemented; because of it, the Wire Ride mechanic as a whole ended up being extremely basic (and rather boring), and was only used in the game a handful of times. In order to simplify things, I've decided to remove the Wire Rides entirely, and replace them with sequential wire shot targets like the ones in the gif up above. Not only are these quicker than the Wire Ride was, they're more mechanically engaging since you have to repeatedly use your Wire Shot to cross gaps, and they can be combined with other platforming hazards/obstacles to create some fun stuff! I'm REALLY looking forward to making use of these in other areas of the game.

Aside from my work, Orexius finished both the Crystal Dragon BE H-scene and that aerial melee attack you see up above this week. With those done, I plan on having him work on some other pressing gameplay animations - like Boss 3's new animations, and some other minor things I've wanted to tweak for a while.

Well, that's it for this weekly update! Thank you all for supporting, and sorry again for the lack of streams! I'll get a second monitor as soon as it's feasible, so we can get back to regular devstreams again. Hope you enjoyed the read, and we'll see you with another update next week!

aiaa

Dec 18, 2018
As much as I love what this project has turned into, a wonderful x rated Metroidvania, I still liked playing v0.27-v0.29 due to the simplicity, again I love what it is now. I miss how casual it was a little, and all the download links are old. either yell at me or get me a link to those versions. idc. good game either way

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
(The following is (mostly) a copy-paste from our If you like what you see, )

Hey everyone! There's not too much to show for CPE work this week (and for the rest of this update, really); most of our bigger changes for this update have already been shown off (wire shot, melee, flare shot, etc), and most of my remaining work is still related to those things. They're all pretty huge changes, so a lot of things broke when reworking them, and many of those things still need to be fixed.

The Wire Shot in particular has a lot of things that aren't working properly right now, particularly the horizontal pull blocks and Sentry shields. I was never a huge fan of the way either of these functioned - the pull blocks take a long time to move, and the Sentry shields are TOO weak to the Wire Shot, it takes less than a second to yank them down and make them vulnerable. To solve both of these problems, I decided to have Orexius create a new animation for Alicia where she hooks something with the Wire Shot and gives it a strong tug; once this animation is implemented, the Warped Sentry's shields will take a bit longer to pull rather than being near-instant (I'll balance this by making them stay knocked down longer), and the horizontal pull blocks won't require you to stay in the pulling stance for an extended period, instead just requiring the short tug animation before they move. This functionality is still WIP though, so I can't show it off just yet.

The Melee/Flare Shot on the other hand, while it does still have its fair share of issues, has generally been much simpler to rework; it mostly needs work on the visual side, and fixing some bugs that happen when Alicia's midair melee animation is interrupted. Most of the Flare Shot's skills will remain either unchanged or slightly changed, but the Orbital Flare in particular is being reworked significantly. Again, I don't have footage for it yet, but my plan is to have melee attacks leave a floating trail of fire that burns and hurts enemies that touch it, instead of creating a floating orb that shoots out fire in a circle. This will balance it a bit more by giving it less coverage (the Orbital Flare had frankly INSANE range before), but still keeping the same general function of "stationary fire you can place down whenever/wherever you want". If the reduced range proves to be too much of a nerf, I can either increase the radius, or try tweaking the damage and duration instead; I think it should feel fine though, especially with how much more accessible the new Flare Shot will be.

The last thing I wanted to show this week is just a small gif showing the new special effect for the Crystal Dragon's sucking attack! It's not much to show off, but I wanted to include some kind of fun visual:
dragon_succ.gif
The enemy has no proper animation on their body yet, so please excuse the fact that they still look stiff. I still plan on tweaking the effect a bit, too, but I'm pretty happy with it so far - it's definitely a lot better than the flat red hitbox that was used before! This suck attack pulls Alicia faster than it used to, but I've also increased Alicia's general mobility while underwater by a bit, so underwater segments in general aren't quite as slow as before.

Anyway, that's it for this week! I'm not entirely sure when this update will be out, but I plan on trying to release it as early as I can in September. It should definitely be out by the 15th or so, hopefully sooner, but we're still settling into a groove in the new place. I'll be able to pick up a second monitor soon though, so hopefully streams will resume sometime during this next week or so! Keep an eye out for that!

Thank you all for supporting Crisis Point, we'll see you with another update next week!

gemini20xx

Oct 17, 2017
This looks interesting!

How much tentacle/egg/birth content is there?
There are tentacles that attack from underground - both physically and sexually - with cg at camp after you beat it in game, for eggs there's cg in the base camp for the Edovex enemy.

Reactions: f9account
4.60 star(s) 29 Votes