Others Crisis Point: Extinction [v0.47] [Anon42]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

gemini20xx

Oct 17, 2017
Man I'm really curious how this will pan out!
I think it'd pretty much come down to timing, when backtracking certain areas I pick my moments and just either jump or dodge unless I need to heal. I agree that the first boss will probably be the hardest since you'd have to get real close to a really fast enemy, all whilst dodging it as well as falling rocks and breaking them for health.

Ashavi

Mar 28, 2018
I may have missed it if it was mentioned somewhere, but will we be able to view certain scenes that aren't controlled by us directly?
Like the nurse and the guy in the pit

SamWinters

Apr 1, 2018
Just sayin', if you guys need the update so bad, you could always support the game and acquire it legally, instead of pirating it. Then you wouldn't have to wait ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I generally find you can tell something about a game's community support by how long it takes to end up here. The more loyal the fanbase, the longer it takes.

jocklen

Feb 17, 2018
[QUOTE = "Anon42, publicación: 4306920, miembro: 9143"]
Solo digo que si necesitan la actualización tanto, siempre pueden apoyar el juego y adquirirlo legalmente, en lugar de piratearlo. Entonces no tendrías que esperar ¯ \ _ (ツ) _ / ¯
[/ CITAR]

Hello Anon42 I came to ask that if, for example, I pay the membership and cancel it by the end of the month the money that I give them, they will keep it true, although the money does not really matter to me, but it will not affect me in what this putting membership again and canceling it is that I don't have that much money, I mean if my account is not going to be blocked?

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Hello Anon42 I came to ask that if, for example, I pay the membership and cancel it by the end of the month the money that I give them, they will keep it true, although the money does not really matter to me, but it will not affect me in what this putting membership again and canceling it is that I don't have that much money, I mean if my account is not going to be blocked?
My apologies if I'm not understanding your question right, but I think you're asking if there are any problems with you pledging, getting your content, then unpledging before the end of the month instead of staying pledged, correct? If that is the case, then you can absolutely do that - I have instant-charge enabled on my Patreon, so if you pledge you'll get charged for it immediately, giving you access to your rewards, and then you can safely unpledge whenever you like. It won't cause you to get content for free or anything, so there's no need to worry about being blocked!

Reactions: SamWinters

jocklen

Feb 17, 2018
Thank you very much anon42 I thought I was going to have a blockage or something similar to be paying and cancel it later, it is strange that they have uploaded another advance and it has been two weeks but each one they do what they can, then later I will pay the membership to obtain his game that the truth entertains me more his game

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
(The following is (mostly) a copy-paste from our If you like what you see, )

Hey everyone! It's been a while since a weekly update; we took a slightly longer break than usual before starting up v0.42's development, due to some IRL events. Development started up a while ago, though, so we're back to the regular updates!

warp_hazard.gif

First up is the gif here, which is a new hazard I worked on this week. The visuals are still very much incomplete, but essentially it's a hazard that warps you back to a certain location (usually the beginning of the room) if you touch it. I've been wanting to add something like this to the game for a while now, for the sake of designing non-deadly challenges. In many cases, you can just tank damage to get past platforming challenges in CPE, so I wanted some way to design platforming challenges that WON'T result in a game over, but also actually require you to platform skillfully to reach the end, and here's the solution! No risk of death since these don't damage you, but the only way to get past it is to complete the challenge. I plan on using them a lot in optional challenge rooms.

Next up, a general status update. We finally finished planning the entirety of the Boss 3 rework this week, so now it's full steam ahead on the assets and implementation. It's definitely more complex than the first two bosses, so while we've had a good idea of what we wanted for the fight for a while, we've still been mulling over some of the particulars, and we've finally arrived at a fight design we're happy with. Orexius will be spending a lot of time this update working on that fight, but we'll still do our best to make sure there's some new H-content too!

..Speaking of H-content, our CG artist Red is nearing completion on the Kertalus CG, so here's a preview of that!
Kertalus CG preview.png
This is obviously very zoomed in, so there's a lot more to see in the full image. The actual CG is in final coloring stages and will be completed soon, as well, but for now you'll have to whet your appetites with this ;)

And that's it for this week. Weekly updates will likely be pretty simple for most of this update; a majority of my work is just designing rooms to explore, so there's not a lot to post there, and then the rest of our work this update will be spent on Boss 3. Since Boss 3 has been in the game for a while, I don't mind posting updates on the reworked fight, but we might not have much else to show off visually!

With that said, thank you for reading, and we'll see you in next week's update!

EchoofZen

Sep 14, 2018
First up is the gif here, which is a new hazard I worked on this week. The visuals are still very much incomplete, but essentially it's a hazard that warps you back to a certain location (usually the beginning of the room) if you touch it. I've been wanting to add something like this to the game for a while now, for the sake of designing non-deadly challenges. In many cases, you can just tank damage to get past platforming challenges in CPE, so I wanted some way to design platforming challenges that WON'T result in a game over, but also actually require you to platform skillfully to reach the end, and here's the solution! No risk of death since these don't damage you, but the only way to get past it is to complete the challenge. I plan on using them a lot in optional challenge rooms.
This seems like it would be infuriating, and not in a good way.

Shining Tower

Nov 22, 2017
It's definitely linear in approach, but it doesn't seem too bad to me. As long as it's implemented in spots where you obviously can't cheese it, it gets the right message across. It kind of reminds me of some of the puzzles in 2d Metroids where blocks would fall apart when you landed on them. Those were usually used for power bomb upgrades, so really late in the game.

Reactions: Anon42

LostAtAnchor

Mar 10, 2019
Really depends on the length of the challenge. It's quite a bit less annoying than dying and having to continue from the last checkpoint, but if the challenge is a particularly long one, it's likely to be pretty frustrating to have to do the entire room platforming sequence again.

Reactions: Anon42

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Not sure why you think it would be infuriating based off that description, unless you expect me to be making like, massive rooms that require flawless platforming for several minutes at a time. Challenge rooms are never very long, and they're always for optional rewards. Those are the primary locations the hazard will be used in. It's essentially a mini-checkpoint, allowing you to restart a challenge instantly rather than being outright insta-killed and sent back to your last save.

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes