Others Crisis Point: Extinction [v0.47] [Anon42]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Attached is the save, but I've progressed into the deepsoil.
I could attempt to recreate it, but I'm unsure if it's an easily repeatable bug or not.
Thanks! If you do recreate it at any point, definitely let me know, but don't feel obligated to.

Stuck at the summit, can't seem to find what the next step is.
That spot's a dead end for you currently. You just got the Wire Shot, so you need to backtrack and look for more areas you can use the Wire Shot in. Remember that the game is a Metroidvania; the path forward won't always be a straight line, sometimes you'll have to backtrack a bit or even go back to other areas entirely.

jeeruh

Aug 18, 2017
Is the female soldier going to get any love in the form of a CG/sprite rework? My personal fave from back in the early versions, honestly.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Is the female soldier going to get any love in the form of a CG/sprite rework? My personal fave from back in the early versions, honestly.
Yep! It'll probably be a while, and I can't say yet whether it'll be a CG or a sprite rework or a combination of the two, but I will be doing more with her.

bobjenkin098

Jun 22, 2020
I'm stuck at the metal door at the summit which is blocking the way to the catacombs (I defeated the tar boss and went to the deep soil). How would I open this door? Also, I couldn't find the sniper boss in the deep soil since there are some rocks blocking the descent at (x=18, y=40)? How would I get past these?

1609922055580.png

IamMr.NoBoDy

Mar 20, 2020
I reached to another room where it sais the Patreon Supporters and I unlocked the Options for Alicia like Health, Weapon Triggers, Invicibility and much more =)

LordVasky

Oct 13, 2018
i'm loving this game so far, much much better than i was thinking, but i need help, like many people i've seen here i'm also stuck, i tried my best to search in-game and also here in the forums but i just can't figure out what i'm missing.

My version: 0.42.1;

This is my currently explored map:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
From what i read here, I think i have to progress to the catacombs now, and the only "entrance" i could find is blocked by a wire shot wall:
In terms of upgrades:
I have the Split Shot, the Auto shot, the Force Shot and the Wire Shot;

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me.

P.S I just hope it isn't anything too obvious that i missed haha.

edit: Added the version because i thought it might be useful info.

Last edited:

Trit0

Apr 17, 2018
i'm loving this game so far, much much better than i was thinking, but i need help, like many people i've seen here i'm also stuck, i tried my best to search in-game and also here in the forums but i just can't figure out what i'm missing.

My version: 0.42.1;

This is my currently explored map:
From what i read here, I think i have to progress to the catacombs now, and the only "entrance" i could find is blocked by a wire shot wall:
In terms of upgrades:
I have the Split Shot, the Auto shot, the Force Shot and the Wire Shot;

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me.

P.S I just hope it isn't anything too obvious that i missed haha.

edit: Added the version because i thought it my be useful info.
I am pretty sure I've been stuck in the same place. The wall to the catacombs will open once you've beaten the Tar Boss which is at the top of the summit. You should take a look around, you can definitely reach it with your current upgrades. The Wall in your screenshot is only accessible from the other side, that's not where you have to go through now.

If you can't find the way I'll replay the game to help you.

LordVasky

Oct 13, 2018
I am pretty sure I've been stuck in the same place.
Good to know i wasn't the only one haha.
The wall to the catacombs will open once you've beaten the Tar Boss which is at the top of the summit.
Are you saying that the boss is at the top or the door to the catacombs, or both?
You should take a look around, you can definitely reach it with your current upgrades.
Well, i'll try but i think i went to every place i could reach. I've been marking the places i can't go through and i dont think there's any left(that i could see at least).
The Wall in your screenshot is only accessible from the other side, that's not where you have to go through now.
I figured that much, it does look like the EXIT from the catacombs, hence the quotes in "entrance" on my original post.
If you can't find the way I'll replay the game to help you.
I definetly don't want to make you replay the game again but i do feel like i explored everything i could reach.

Well i'll try exploring again, thanks a lot for helping, cheers.

Edit: Well....I literally just started exploring and i think i found it already, i don't know how i missed it but oh well
:FacePalm: i amaze myself on how dumb i am sometimes. Well, thanks again i guess xD.

Last edited:

Trit0

Apr 17, 2018
Good to know i wasn't the only one haha.

Are you saying that the boss is at the top or the door to the catacombs, or both?
The Boss is at the top. The entrance to the catacombs is a wall/door that will open after beating the Boss in a room you've already been through.

I figured that much, it does look like the EXIT from the catacombs, hence the quotes in "entrance" on my original post.
It's just a way down from the top, I think. The catacombs are on the bottom right of the map, you'll see them soon enough I believe.

Edit: Well....I literally just started exploring and i think i found it already, i don't know how i missed it but oh well
:FacePalm: i amaze myself on how dumb i am sometimes. Well, thanks again i guess xD.
That is exactly what I thought when I found the way to go on, you're not alone :D

Reactions: LordVasky

Mrscratsch

Jul 23, 2018
The Dash key IS in the controls menu, it's just listed as Action right now. That was an oversight from back when Dash and Melee shared the same button, I just forgot to change the text after I moved them onto their own keys. I'll be fixing it in future versions.

The game IS hard-capped at 60fps, so too much power wouldn't be an issue. I'm even more confused now, though.. I'll have to look into it. Would you mind sending me your save data, if you haven't overwritten it yet? It's located in localappdata/Crisis_Point_Extinction/save1.ini

You can't get past the metal doors right now.

You're not stuck in there. You just need to
Wow I feel a bit silly now, thank you, love your game. I follow it since you posted it here and the expansion you did add and the story is interesting. I just torture myself using the keyboard. The lewd is just the icing on the cake not the focus imo.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Anon42

PaNiq

Dec 3, 2017
Is there any other new animation in the underwater area? So far in the gallery it shows only the crystal dragon, but there's also two platforms free. Are those just empty, or there's two more animations? Also in the second gallery room, I have the "girl" from the summit and the bug thingie, and one free platform.

napala

Jun 12, 2017
Some bugs:

-When playing on an Xbox 360 controller, Dash and Melee are bound to the same button (B), so dash only works when you can't melee.
-Dropping into the catacombs, then warping back to Rodriguez and talking to him will trigger the "game is broken omg" conversation.

-This one is from an older version, and MIGHT have something to do with using an older savefile, but still: After defeating the Tar boss, going to the steel door and watching the cutscene where it opens, then leaving the area instead of going in, will lock the door again and render it impossible to open again.

-Deep Soil x12 y43, there's a small alcove on the right wall undewater. Floating into that alcove then letting the Kertalus attack Alice will push her down into the ground, leaving her completely stuck and forcing a restart.

Last edited:

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Is there any other new animation in the underwater area? So far in the gallery it shows only the crystal dragon, but there's also two platforms free. Are those just empty, or there's two more animations? Also in the second gallery room, I have the "girl" from the summit and the bug thingie, and one free platform.
Some enemies and their H-scenes are missing. Free platforms in the gallery are normal right now, don't worry about them too much. If you've reached the end of the demo you've encountered every enemy there is, there's not any secret ones hiding around.

Some bugs:

-When playing on an Xbox 360 controller, Dash and Melee are bound to the same button (B), so dash only works when you can't melee.
-Dropping into the catacombs, then warping back to Rodriguez and talking to him will trigger the "game is broken omg" conversation.

-This one is from an older version, and MIGHT have something to do with using an older savefile, but still: After defeating the Tar boss, going to the steel door and watching the cutscene where it opens, then leaving the area instead of going in, will lock the door again and render it impossible to open again.

-Deep Soil x12 y43, there's a small alcove on the right wall undewater. Floating into that alcove then letting the Kertalus attack Alice will push her down into the ground, leaving her completely stuck and forcing a restart.
1: The Dash/Melee bug only happens because you played an older version of the game, where Dash and Melee shared the same key. When the controls were changed, overlaps popped up with any existing control schemes; either reset your controls to Default in the options menu, or customize them to your liking so that they aren't on the same key anymore

2: I'll have to look into that, thank you for the report!

3: Are you saying you ran into that bug AGAIN in v0.42, or are you just repeating a bug you found in an older version? That bug (as far as I'm aware) was fixed quite a while ago. I just tested it again myself, and was unable to replicate it. The door stayed open even after leaving the area

4: Again, thanks for the report. I'll look into it and try and get that fixed

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes