Others Crisis Point: Extinction [v0.47] [Anon42]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

nightelluna

Oct 21, 2016
I got stuck in a room with a small waterfall (before that I had been hives with flies for the first time) I stand in front of the red door

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
How do I view the H Scene between Lucas and Veredda?
Progress through the story until you enter the Catacombs; the cutscene is on the critical path, so it's impossible to miss it. Unfortunately there's no way to re-view the scene after you've watched it currently, without restarting the game, but I plan to eventually add in a cutscene viewer when we have the time.

I got stuck in a room with a small waterfall (before that I had been hives with flies for the first time) I stand in front of the red door
You need to go back to camp, you can use the teleporter to get there quickly. Birch asks you to come back after you enter the Summit for the first time, and he gives you an upgrade at camp that allows you to open the red doors and capture enemies.

f95guest389

Jul 27, 2018
Progress through the story until you enter the Catacombs; the cutscene is on the critical path, so it's impossible to miss it. Unfortunately there's no way to re-view the scene after you've watched it currently, without restarting the game, but I plan to eventually add in a cutscene viewer when we have the time.
That cutscene did softlock me on my playthrough of v0.42, new game.
It did it consistently until I skipped the whole cutscene, it'd softlock the game at the point where the nurse(?) talked about leaving where you came into the catacombs from.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
That cutscene did softlock me on my playthrough of v0.42, new game.
It did it consistently until I skipped the whole cutscene, it'd softlock the game at the point where the nurse(?) talked about leaving where you came into the catacombs from.
That's odd. Do you happen to know if the game is lagging at all for you? Can you use a program to check your framerate and make sure it's running at 60fps consistently? I'm assuming the softlock was that the dialogue just didn't progress - if that is the case, how long did you wait before quitting out?

Rape Lord

where is GRIMHELM
Donor
Oct 16, 2018
pleased to see this game coming along so nicely. i put about 5 hours into the current build today. im impressed how far you guys have gotten since the public demo i played 18 months ago. super pumped to see nonconsensual elements being added via the inflation tentacles. i would absolutely love to see an in game setting that allows enemies to skip straight to that interaction type if they get in too close, or maybe even an option to have a chance of it occurring.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
pleased to see this game coming along so nicely. i put about 5 hours into the current build today. im impressed how far you guys have gotten since the public demo i played 18 months ago. super pumped to see nonconsensual elements being added via the inflation tentacles. i would absolutely love to see an in game setting that allows enemies to skip straight to that interaction type if they get in too close, or maybe even an option to have a chance of it occurring.
I'm glad you enjoy the game! I'm going to have to disappoint a bit though, the BE vines are not intended to be nonconsensual. I suppose you could argue the initial animation of the breast expansion is dubcon, but the element of triggering sex on touching enemies is simply meant to imply Alicia's own lust is too great, and touching an enemy while her breasts are expanded makes HER initiate. You can feel free to imagine it however you like, but noncon is definitely not my intention, and it never will be. I don't plan on ever adding nonconsensual sex to any of my games.

Reactions: AnonSolitaire

f95guest389

Jul 27, 2018
That's odd. Do you happen to know if the game is lagging at all for you? Can you use a program to check your framerate and make sure it's running at 60fps consistently? I'm assuming the softlock was that the dialogue just didn't progress - if that is the case, how long did you wait before quitting out?
It held on that screen for a few minutes, the first time I simply restarted the game.
The second time I went and ate then came back, and it was still there roughly 30-40 minutes later, restarted the game.
The third time I held skip and the game progressed like normal.
Frame-rate I'm unsure atm but can check within the next few days, but I don't forsee a Vermeer CPU & GA102 GPU to dip below 60FPS at all. Come to think of it, if there's no frame-rate cap by default on the game that could be a possible cause of the issue.

IamMr.NoBoDy

Mar 20, 2020
What should I do when I reach the Secret Underwater Lab? I got the Hoverboots and then I keep going to deadends and I don't know how the hell I can pass these metal doors... Can someone help me please? (Version 0.42)

gemini20xx

Oct 17, 2017
I don't plan on ever adding nonconsensual sex to any of my games.
That's actually one of the things I like the most about CPE. I remember playing Parasite in City and realising that the only way to see anything is to lose, which meant you had to lose to every enemy once to unlock their ending and scenes.

In CPE, the BE tenacles simply strike me and being more of a predator-prey response like a venus flytrap - something near them moves, it grabs it - rather than a sexual thing, the BE just being a side effect of the attack rather than the reason for it.

Reactions: Anon42

PaNiq

Dec 3, 2017
Could anyone share their full save file? And also explain how to use it? I'm currently stuck after getting the weighted boots, and I have no idea if I've unlocked everything so far or not, so I'd like to compare.

Reactions: Lord Bintang

IamMr.NoBoDy

Mar 20, 2020
Could anyone share their full save file? And also explain how to use it? I'm currently stuck after getting the weighted boots, and I have no idea if I've unlocked everything so far or not, so I'd like to compare.
The weighted boots can be used in water. I used them in the water and found a secret tunnel ( like another part of the storyline ). Use them on each part of water lands and you can find that tunnel. It also has a long way to go like you need to find 2 keycards to unlock the underwater lab. Then I don't know what to do. I am stuck. You can go more to find some hover boots that can be used when you sprint to keep the sprint button pressed on land or when you jump to fall slower when you press the jump button.
Now I can't give a saving cause I don't know how. Follow the map on page 56. That can be useful for now. I will try to take a screenshot when I will have the time.

IamMr.NoBoDy

Mar 20, 2020
map.PNG
Okay so this is the new map part like that blue and my location is the lab. Be careful with the mosters out there. I made 3/3 health and made some weapon upgrades and character updates to reach that far away.

Mrscratsch

Jul 23, 2018
Well, I found something WEIRD and it took me quite some time, did end the demo did NOT use the debug but now I am stuck....help. Just be wary this seems to be a chunky spoiler
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
What is the control keys? Ok I found the control key for Dash, it is I. It was not in the control option.
The Dash key IS in the controls menu, it's just listed as Action right now. That was an oversight from back when Dash and Melee shared the same button, I just forgot to change the text after I moved them onto their own keys. I'll be fixing it in future versions.

It held on that screen for a few minutes, the first time I simply restarted the game.
The second time I went and ate then came back, and it was still there roughly 30-40 minutes later, restarted the game.
The third time I held skip and the game progressed like normal.
Frame-rate I'm unsure atm but can check within the next few days, but I don't forsee a Vermeer CPU & GA102 GPU to dip below 60FPS at all. Come to think of it, if there's no frame-rate cap by default on the game that could be a possible cause of the issue.
The game IS hard-capped at 60fps, so too much power wouldn't be an issue. I'm even more confused now, though.. I'll have to look into it. Would you mind sending me your save data, if you haven't overwritten it yet? It's located in localappdata/Crisis_Point_Extinction/save1.ini

What should I do when I reach the Secret Underwater Lab? I got the Hoverboots and then I keep going to deadends and I don't know how the hell I can pass these metal doors... Can someone help me please? (Version 0.42)
You can't get past the metal doors right now.

Well, I found something WEIRD and it took me quite some time, did end the demo did NOT use the debug but now I am stuck....help. Just be wary this seems to be a chunky spoiler
You're not stuck in there. You just need to

f95guest389

Jul 27, 2018
The game IS hard-capped at 60fps, so too much power wouldn't be an issue. I'm even more confused now, though.. I'll have to look into it. Would you mind sending me your save data, if you haven't overwritten it yet? It's located in localappdata/Crisis_Point_Extinction/save1.ini
Attached is the save, but I've progressed into the deepsoil.
I could attempt to recreate it, but I'm unsure if it's an easily repeatable bug or not.

Reactions: Anon42
4.60 star(s) 29 Votes