Others Crisis Point: Extinction [v0.47] [Anon42]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
(The following is (mostly) a copy-paste from our If you like what you see, )

Hey everyone, this is gonna be a pretty short weekly update. Development is progressing pretty well overall; I personally ended up not getting too much done this week, due to a combination of tax-related stresses and personal issues, BUT the updated gallery is nearly finished and I should have it out early next week, and now that taxes are done I'm going to be scheduling a doctor's visit to hopefully, finally, help take care of the other part.

The good news is I'm the only one taking it a bit slower right now; Orexius has been tearing through animations, and Puffernutter has finally had some free time to work on tilesets as well, so even though I'm struggling a bit we still have good progress happening.

I'll be posting a bunch of animations Orexius has worked on, but first, I wanted to ask for some additional info from anyone out there that's run into the H-scene crash bug in v0.44.1. If you've encountered that crash, can you provide me with any additional information about your crashes, other than the error log? To be a little more specific, I know the crash can happen as a result of H-scenes after you run out of health (and I'm working on fixing that), but has anyone had it occur during regular gameplay when you haven't died? I haven't been able to make that happen, and unfortunately the error log isn't very specific, so trying to find and fix all instances of the crash has been rough.

Anyway, with that out of the way, here's a bunch of animations Orex has worked on:

These golem animations in particular aren't quite complete, yet, and only have basic flat shading; I haven't been able to work on actually implementing the animations yet, and we want to get them ingame and make sure no changes need to be made before Orex fully details them.

There are a few NSFW animations, too, but they're still WIP so I'll save them for a later date ;)

Alright, that's it for this week. Sorry that I don't have more to talk about in this weekly update; things should improve soon, once I get the gallery update out and can get back to working on the game proper. Thanks for your patience, everybody! My personal issues are holding me back right now and I'm sorry for that, but because of you all, I can finally afford to see a doctor to try and work through the things that have been plaguing me since.. well, before I even started CPE. This is certainly not the first time it's made me struggle with work, but with any luck (and thanks exclusively to all of your support), it WILL be the last.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
That golem looks an awful lot like its 3d rendered, rather than sprite based.....
That's because it is..? I posted a screenshot of the 3D model in a weekly update a few pages ago. It's still a sprite, but it was animated in 3D. Because of the way the enemy is designed (not a lot of movable parts, so rotating his body is how we give him expressiveness), we decided it would be easier to 3D model it, so we did. Orexius animated it in 3D, then took the renders and traced over them with pixel art. Once we're confident the animations are good and done, he'll do the final detail work, and it will look just like the rest of the game's art.

Last edited:

TheNextOne

Apr 21, 2020
That's because it is..? I posted a screenshot of the 3D model in a weekly update a few pages ago.
Ah, found it. Didn't follow all the weekly updates lately. It just looked out of place to all the previous enemies.
Was it faster to produce since it is a 3d model?

Alexandra69

Feb 12, 2021
I've answered this question several times in this thread. It's v0.27, and no, the 2019 public demo is not based on v0.27.

Not until the game is near complete, and even when we do update it, it won't have more content, just more polish - it won't ever go past the second boss fight. We don't do regular public demo updates; the public demo has nearly 2 hours of content, which is far more than you'd get from 99% of demos out there.
yeah, i didn't mean more content, just like mouse support.
thanks for answering though!

Reactions: Anon42

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
It will be added other monster girl in the future?
No, we won't be adding monster girls to the game. Imo, monstergirls are a very "high fantasy" thing, not sci-fi fantasy, they don't really fit within the world of CPE. Alraune are an exception given the Deep Soil's focus on plantlife, but we won't be adding any others.

Ah, found it. Didn't follow all the weekly updates lately. It just looked out of place to all the previous enemies.
Was it faster to produce since it is a 3d model?
Dramatically faster to produce, yes. It made the animation process MUCH easier, given the size of the golem compared to other enemies, and as I mentioned before, the lack of moving parts - rotation and angles are the only way we can express movement with the golem, and a 3D model is perfect for doing that while keeping the enemy's proportions consistent. There's plenty of reasons why it might look out of place right now, but the main one is just that it's not fully detailed. It will fit the game just fine once the art is actually done and not flat colors like it is right now.

yeah, i didn't mean more content, just like mouse support.
thanks for answering though!
Gotcha. I guess I'm just too used to people asking for more free content, sorry :p Stuff like menu mouse support will come when we update the demo near the final release, yeah.

Reactions: srg91

Volcannon

May 27, 2018
How long will it take for 0.43 to become public? I can't really progress forward due to the Dash conflicting with the melee button.
Nevermind, I just assigned the action to RT.

Last edited:

D.K

Nov 3, 2017
How long will it take for 0.43 to become public? I can't really progress forward due to the Dash conflicting with the melee button.
Nice thinnly veiled attempt for asking for 0.43, but I sincerely doubt that it's going to happen.

• Haha
Reactions: frostpaw

Nirolten

Nov 12, 2020
Sorry, I don't really quite understand what you mean by that?
basically, chances are really low as the dev said many times that there will be no more public version until the game is close to the end of his development. So best thing you can hope for is someone uploading the latest patreon version here.

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
I've answered this question several times in this thread. It's v0.27, and no, the 2019 public demo is not based on v0.27.
Hey, sorry, I wasn't trying to offend you, the older parts of the thread have people giving assumptions and random info so I wanted to doublecheck from the source for clarity.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
As everyone else said, v0.43 will not become public. We don't do free releases of previous versions for Crisis Point anymore, haven't for years because our public demo has ~2 hours worth of content, which is more than enough to know if you want to get the full version or not. I understand Patreon isn't everyone's cup of tea and that's fine, so if you don't like using it, then you can buy the final version once it's out - but our Patreon demos will not be going public.

Hey, sorry, I wasn't trying to offend you, the older parts of the thread have people giving assumptions and random info so I wanted to doublecheck from the source for clarity.
I'm sorry too for being rather rude/short in my reply, I do understand your desire to get a definitive answer. It's just, the question is a pretty common one in here, and it can be kinda exhausting at this point if that makes sense. The content CPE used to have is something I'm trying very hard to distance myself from, and every time it's brought up is a reminder that I'm probably never going to stop getting comments about it, lol. Anyway, no hard feelings?

Reactions: Nightfall1

Ashavi

Mar 28, 2018
I was curious about the updated standalone galleries so I decided to pledge in order to check them out
Wanted to ask about something, it seems the older galleries (namely v.02 to v.04) had the animations run continuously after climax. Meaning it would just repeat in almost seamless loop fashion.
There was also a few enemies that triggered the climax animations rapidly if you've hit space/ctrl after the initial climax, those were the alarune lady, the lurker, and I think the warped sentry? While it might have been just a bug, I certainly do miss this with the updated animation/textures for the newer gallery.

Any hope of reverting to that system for the later galleries / end product? It's much nicer than having to press the button to re-enter the animation with nothing saving.

Reactions: Artix0

Volcannon

May 27, 2018
I suppose I will just have to wait. I really only asked the question because I read that that problem was fixed in 0.43.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I was curious about the updated standalone galleries so I decided to pledge in order to check them out
Wanted to ask about something, it seems the older galleries (namely v.02 to v.04) had the animations run continuously after climax. Meaning it would just repeat in almost seamless loop fashion.
There was also a few enemies that triggered the climax animations rapidly if you've hit space/ctrl after the initial climax, those were the alarune lady, the lurker, and I think the warped sentry? While it might have been just a bug, I certainly do miss this with the updated animation/textures for the newer gallery.

Any hope of reverting to that system for the later galleries / end product? It's much nicer than having to press the button to re-enter the animation with nothing saving.
Thank you for the feedback! The repeated climaxes were a bug, and will not be returning. As for looping the H-scenes, the issue with it is that many of our newer animations end in a different pose than they begin, so the loop will not be seamless at all. That being said, I'll consider making the H-scenes loop in the gallery again if it's something people want.

I suppose I will just have to wait. I really only asked the question because I read that that problem was fixed in 0.43.
If you already have a save, v0.43 wouldn't have fixed the issue for you anyway. The issue was just the default control scheme; not only does changing your controls fix it completely, but the default controls being changed won't affect any existing save files, since I'm not about to forcefully modify the controls of existing saves.

Any idea when the game will be completed and availabe for purchase?
We haven't announced a release date at the moment, and I don't plan on announcing one until the game is very near completion. Once I finally announce a date I want it to be one we're completely confident in reaching, so there aren't any delays

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
It will be added other recolor for alraune and sentry?
I'm sorry, I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. Are you just asking if there will be more recolors for the Alraune and Sentry? I'm not really sure, the recolors are more or less added when the original enemy becomes too weak for Alicia's current moveset and no longer pose a threat. They're not something I plan for, it's more of a feeling.

(The following is (mostly) a copy-paste from our If you like what you see, )

Hey everyone. I won't beat around the bush, this week was a struggle for me again - I managed to get the Gallery update out, which I'm happy about, and I did some writing work as well, both for an upcoming CG and story scenes, but things were pretty slow on my end.

I'm still waiting on the doctor to get back to me about scheduling an appointment, but hopefully once that's done it won't be too long before I can get some help in dealing with some of my depression, ADD, and anxiety. I don't think I've ever specified what kind of mental issues I'm dealing with (even though some of it is probably obvious if you've been following me for a while), and I'm not sure why that is; there's not really any value in being private or secretive about it, and I guess Mental Health Awareness month is as good a time as any to talk about it. I'm not sure why my depression is flaring up so heavily right now, nothing is going wrong in my life at the moment - if anything, we're doing great now that Puffernutter's health issues have been clearing up.. but I suppose that's the nature of depression, isn't it? It doesn't always make sense; if it did, it might be easier to deal with. Anyway, I won't talk your ear off about it - it's not an excuse for not getting more work done, and I'm sorry for that. Thankfully, the rest of our team is helping to pick up the slack while I try to figure out how to work with my own brain.

I mentioned Orexius was working on some NSFW stuff last week, and one of those animations is the new Edovex BE scene!

There's still a little bit of work to be done here (like giving Alicia her regular clothes), but enjoy the preview! We're doing something special with the animation that I'm excited for you all to see, too; you won't know what it is just from the loop, though, so you'll have to wait and find out.

Puffernutter also had some time to work on tilesets this week; we posted a scene from this new area a while ago, and things might not look TOO different, but last time the scene was cobbled together from non-tile images that weren't actually possible to make levels with.

Now, this scene is made up of actual tiles prepped for use ingame, and there's been a lot of extra detail and polish too, so it's looking much nicer overall and I can start putting together rooms with it. Everything is still WIP, and the background still needs work, of course, but that'll come in due time. Oh, and ignore the fact that there's 2 Alicia's, Puffernutter just uses her sprite for scale reference when zoomed in :p

Anyway, that's about all I have this week. Sorry again for the mediocre weekly update; I'm really hoping next week's will be different, and I'm going to set myself some distinct work goals to try and make sure it happens. I can't thank you all enough for sticking with me even when this stuff happens; I hate letting you all down, but the stability you guys give us even in the tougher times means more than I can describe. So, thank you all so much, and I'll see you back here next week with a much better update.

starlightlullaby

Aug 11, 2020
Depression is no joke and everyone who experiences it does so in a different way. I am happy to hear that you are taking care of yourself first and foremost. There are plenty of us rabid fans waiting for more content, but the most important thing is taking care of yourself! Please don't ever let work get in the way of mental health, sometimes it's easy to try and avoid what's going on with us with work and staying 'busy', but there are times where we could come to regret that. I know it doesn't mean much coming from a total stranger on the internet, but I am proud of you for seeing an issue and dealing with it rather than ignoring it.

With that being said, it's time for some praise. One of my favorite things about this game is the subtle details, with Alicia her clothes are always somewhere but displaced during her scenes, which is a minor detail but something that I definitely noticed. The first thing I noticed about the new animation was "Where is her clothes!?". You've spoiled us and I continue to look forward to every update this game receives.

Keep up the good work!

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes