Others Crisis Point: Extinction [v0.47] [Anon42]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

TheWelshMan

Sep 3, 2019
Then unfortunately I guess this will be my last time visiting this thread... As much as I have enjoyed playing this game, due to the COVID Virus induced loss of income, I unfortunately don't have the $$'s available to support this or any other game. Because having a roof over my head, my bills paid and food on the table have a MUCH higher level of importance than supporting a game... Hell I'm even making my own bread now (I'm really enjoying, fresh homemade bread), to avoid spending money, if I can avoid it.

But there's no point to continue going to am empty well and hoping for water to slake my thirst... for an enjoyable game, so adios folks and good luck.
Don't worry - it's not like everybody else is also struggling due to Covid....

Anon42 is trying to earn a living too, hence his game. You make it sound like only you are struggling financially....

I mean I can't say much (as a key worker, who's workload has tripled since Covid hit), but that does not mean that you are worse-off than everyone else who is affected by Covid. You just make yourself sound like a scrounger who was only here for the pirated content (which I completely get the whole point of this thread/forum. If I like a game after trying it, I'll sub to the creator if I want to see further content put out).

Anyway - that's the end of this long and rambling post.

Basically - stop being a scrounger and think about others who are also struggling during these hard-hitting times. You are not the only one to suffer.

Reactions: frostpaw

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
I forgot how to access debug menu
So apparently you need to reach the end of the demo. When I reached it it seemed rather random where it was. And it's not like I needed to get everything in the game or explore the entire map prior to it. Here's some relevant quotes from the dev.
Here about how to get the debug mode:
Every version of the game (except for very old versions) has a debug menu. You have to reach the end of the demo and interact with a letter that's sitting on top of a wooden crate, which is always at the end of the final room in each demo, to unlock it.
And about how it's not persistent across restarts of the game:
Sorry, but neither of those things are possible. The underwater areas are unfinished so there's no way to explore them, and the debug mode intentionally goes away when you close the game, because otherwise you'd be able to carry debug mode into a new version of the game whenever there's an update, which isn't something I want the player to be able to do.

Alexandra69

Feb 12, 2021
So apparently you need to reach the end of the demo. When I reached it it seemed rather random where it was. And it's not like I needed to get everything in the game or explore the entire map prior to it. Here's some relevant quotes from the dev.
Here about how to get the debug mode:

And about how it's not persistent across restarts of the game:
ive gone all the way to the secret lab underwater, but where is the crate? if i already interacted with it, how do i access the debug mode?

Alexandra69

Feb 12, 2021
In the main base, where you meet Rodrigez for the first time, is an elevator that should take you to these rooms. The elevator in the main base looks exactly like those in the pictures.
i got to the rooms, there are many platforms that are empty, i cannot find them, are the mobs not in the game yet?

frostpaw

Jan 11, 2018
i got to the rooms, there are many platforms that are empty, i cannot find them, are the mobs not in the game yet?
You unlock the monsters and "enemys" by playing and meeting them in the game.
You need to find Dr. Birch. He wished for your help, by finding the lifeforms on the planet and analysing them. So if you meet them in your playthough, they will be added to the rooms in the storage.

gemini20xx

Oct 17, 2017
they are, thats the gallery, the metal door in the base, you need to find and defeat enemies in the field to fill the gallery
I'm pretty sure he was referring to the empty spaces in the summit, catacombs and crystal cave galleries. Those spots are currently empty because there isn't an enemy assigned to them yet.

Reactions: Alexandra69

PaNiq

Dec 3, 2017
In the main base, where you meet Rodrigez for the first time, is an elevator that should take you to these rooms. The elevator in the main base looks exactly like those in the pictures.
He's asking how to get access to the missing animations in those platforms, not how to get into the gallery.

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
There was never a gallery on the main menu, the gallery has only ever been available from in-game
Hey Anon42, speaking of which, may I please get some info just for historical purposes?

Was the 2019 version (I believe that's 0.29) the last version before the change of theme and the h-scene CGs switched from being outside to being in the lab? I believe this would be when the Edovex scene was also changed, unless I've got my dates wrong. If so, may I ask which is the last version before the major change of art/H-themes?

Last edited:

Alexandra69

Feb 12, 2021
Hey Anon42, speaking of which, may I please get some info just for historical purposes?

Was the 2019 version (I believe that's 0.29) the last version before the change of theme and the h-scene CGs switched from being outside to being in the lab? I believe this would be when the Edovex scene was also changed, unless I've got my dates wrong. If so, may I ask which is the last version before the major change of art/H-themes?
how are you everywhere

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017

I've answered this question several times in this thread. It's v0.27, and no, the 2019 public demo is not based on v0.27.

Sorry to bother you again, but is the public demo ever going to be updated?
Not until the game is near complete, and even when we do update it, it won't have more content, just more polish - it won't ever go past the second boss fight. We don't do regular public demo updates; the public demo has nearly 2 hours of content, which is far more than you'd get from 99% of demos out there.

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes