Others Crisis Point: Extinction [v0.47] [Anon42]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Z99

Apr 1, 2018
You can access Breast Expansion scenes in the ingame gallery, you've been able to do that for a long time. Button prompts were added in the last version because people kept missing that feature.
Poison Alraune doesn't have a BE animation yet, though, so you won't be able to find one there.
I don't see a button prompt for this feature. Did I miss it?

lonelywolfy

Nov 16, 2017
The BE offer variation of sex position with ennemies. So each ennemi have 2 sex animation.
There's no prompt though, just have to test "action" button.
Edit : missed the last update ^^"

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I don't see a button prompt for this feature. Did I miss it?
By "latest version" I meant v0.43, which hasn't been pirated/leaked here yet. The version here is still v0.42. By my saying that, v0.43 will probably pop up here soon lol, but you don't need the button prompt to be able to use it - just use the Action key to change to BE scenes in the gallery, with enemies that have BE scenes. The button prompts were just added because most people didn't know the ability to do that existed.

Alexandra69

Feb 12, 2021
By "latest version" I meant v0.43, which hasn't been pirated/leaked here yet. The version here is still v0.42. By my saying that, v0.43 will probably pop up here soon lol, but you don't need the button prompt to be able to use it - just use the Action key to change to BE scenes in the gallery, with enemies that have BE scenes. The button prompts were just added because most people didn't know the ability to do that existed.
lol you know its being pirated.
are you ok with that?

Z99

Apr 1, 2018
Ah, thank you. Great game btw! I can't support right now, but I'll do the next best thing and let some people know. :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Anon42

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
lol you know its being pirated.
are you ok with that?
Well yeah, of course I know it's getting pirated, lol. It's an inevitable part of creating digital content. I've seen the download numbers, the amount of people who pirate vs support is at least 10x higher, probably even more.

To answer your question, no, I'm not "okay" with it - BUT, not only is there literally nothing to gain from preventing piracy, but I also know what it's like to be on the other side of the equation. Not being able to play games and relax because you have no money is awful.

The thing about piracy is that the people who pirate games almost always do so for one of these reasons:
1 - They would buy the game if they could, but they don't have the money to do so currently (meaning, if I was somehow able to prevent piracy, they still couldn't afford it, so I lose nothing in this case. Sometimes they'll even come back later and support the game out of good will)
2 - They weren't interested in the game enough to spend money on it, and only decided to play it via piracy because it's free (meaning, without piracy, they would've ignored it entirely. In this case, at least I have the chance of them deciding the game is great and buying it after the fact, so again I lose nothing and possibly gain something from this case)
3 - They pirate just because they want to, and wouldn't buy the game anyway even if they do have the money (nothing to lose in this case)

There are certainly other cases where piracy could directly result in a lost sale (such as trying before they buy but then deciding the game's not for them), but those cases are few and far between in comparison. On top of that, add in the fact that preventing piracy is ALMOST ALWAYS detrimental to legitimate consumers (DRM, anybody?), or at the very least a HUGE time sinkhole (dealing with DMCAs and legalese), and it's just not even close to worth the effort. Even if preventing piracy was as easy as snapping my fingers, I probably still wouldn't do it.

Z99

Apr 1, 2018
Anon42
I ADORE your hanging vines (and scientists, I guess. Wish their vials included an expansion scene)...are you planning more/bigger opportunities for breast expansion? Could it end up having other effects on the game than just rapidly gaining lust? As I understand it, until v.36, it included a a jump/speed debuff, but this would make gameplay difficult if you required sex/a quick session to remove it, so I understood why you took it out.

Edit: Maybe the movement restriction concept could come back if you were to get double-expanded? :p

Last edited:
Reactions: jeremiahbones

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Anon42
I ADORE your hanging vines (and scientists, I guess. Wish their vials included an expansion scene)...are you planning more/bigger opportunities for breast expansion? Could it end up having other effects on the game than just rapidly gaining lust? As I understand it, until v.36, it included a a jump/speed debuff, but this would make gameplay difficult if you required sex/a quick session to remove it, so I understood why you took it out.

Edit: Maybe the movement restriction concept could come back if you were to get double-expanded? :p
It's very unlikely that there will be anything more for breast expansion than there is right now. The breast expansion system has already literally doubled the amount of animations we have to make, which is a HUGE development cost. If I had the experience I do now back when I was considering BE, I probably wouldn't have added it in the first place :p (Not to say there's any risk of us removing BE, that's not going to happen, but I cannot overstate how much work the system has added to our animation backlog)

DaBouncer

Jan 24, 2020
On the terms of BE, I had an idea. Could we get a new enemy somewhere that whilst it's fucking Alicia, infects her with BE either during or after the scene? Probably make it where it's only interested in her if she's not already got an expanded chest, could be a cheeky way to get around the "enemy requires normal and BE" scene so the enemy only needs one animation.

Not sure if such an enemy could fit anywhere though by this stage. Those vines probably feel lonely :sneaky:

Reactions: Nirolten

Z99

Apr 1, 2018
It's very unlikely that there will be anything more for breast expansion than there is right now. The breast expansion system has already literally doubled the amount of animations we have to make, which is a HUGE development cost. If I had the experience I do now back when I was considering BE, I probably wouldn't have added it in the first place :p (Not to say there's any risk of us removing BE, that's not going to happen, but I cannot overstate how much work the system has added to our animation backlog)
Aaaaand I appreciate what we got. Just wish it stuck around a little longer XD

Z99

Apr 1, 2018
Don't forget, you have always view it at camp or let the BE tentacles or the warped scientists get at Alicia for your fix:giggle:
tbh I can't get the camp thing to work, even with Anon's instructions, but I don't want to bother them with it too much ^^;;

gemini20xx

Oct 17, 2017
tbh I can't get the camp thing to work, even with Anon's instructions, but I don't want to bother them with it too much ^^;;
go through the door incamp and pick an enemy by pressing up/W key, and use the right trigger/I key to switch to BE and back

Z99

Apr 1, 2018
go through the door incamp and pick an enemy by pressing up/W key, and use the right trigger/I key to switch to BE and back
Ah, okay, I see! I was trying to trigger it by holding Action and starting. I hadn't considered tapping *after* starting the event. Sorry, I'm a dummy.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
(The following is (mostly) a copy-paste from our If you like what you see, )

Hey everybody! So, just to preface this weekly update, you might be expecting a really big one since we skipped last week's update due to the covid vaccine shots (we're all doing fine now, so no worries), but this update is going to be pretty normal sized. I've been struggling pretty hard this week with mental issues, which is something I've dealt with for years but it's been especially bad this week. I don't really know why, but I'm planning on seeking some mental help soon, now that our household is fully vaccinated.

First up in the update is something from last week. In the video up above (which is playing in slow motion to make the effect easier to see), you can see a comparison shot of the game's screen transition fade effect - before, the fade was as simple as drawing a transparent black box on top of the screen, which makes for a perfectly workable transition, but it looks kinda muddy and flat. I decided to rewrite it using a very simple shader that adds a flat amount of color to each pixel instead, and the result is an effect that fades the darker colors very quickly, while the brighter colors stay visible for longer. You can see the effect most clearly by looking at the lights and windows, or the metal bits of the room transition doors. It's a simple and subtle change, and I'm not sure how much anyone but me will care or even notice lol, but the effect is much nicer if you ask me.

For this week, I spent most of my work time refactoring our H-scene code, which was an absolute spaghetti mess and made it so adding new H-scenes into the game required hours of work, even after the animation was done. Refactoring it took a lot longer than I thought it would, but I decided to rework it now because of how many new H-scenes were added this update, which made it very clear how inefficient (and frankly annoying to work with) the old code was. The refactoring is pretty much done now, thankfully, and should make implementation of future scenes much quicker.

My work may have been a struggle, but Orexius has been cranking out work like crazy - here's some of the cutscene animations he did for Birch and Alicia this week.

We also have the finished version of that 3D model I mentioned a few updates ago, and he's here to say hi!

This guy won't be in the next update just yet, unfortunately; we don't have the time to give him proper animations, so he'll be making his ingame debut in v0.45 instead.

Lastly, Orexius also updated Alicia's.. "solo" H-scene, which you can see a preview of right here. It now includes a second variation of the animation, as well as an "outro" of sorts.

And that's it for this weekly update. We're going to try and wrap up development of v0.44 as soon as possible, but it might end up being released somewhat late in the month, or having some intended features delayed until next update. My apologies ahead of time if either of those end up happening; we're going to try to get it done on time, but I can't make any promises as there's still quite a bit to do to wrap it up. If it does get delayed longer than you'd like, don't forget that you can unpledge and you'll still receive the update when it comes out. In the meantime, though, thank you so much for continuing to support us!

JAvatar

Mar 9, 2018
(The following is (mostly) a copy-paste from our If you like what you see, )

Hey everybody! So, just to preface this weekly update, you might be expecting a really big one since we skipped last week's update due to the covid vaccine shots (we're all doing fine now, so no worries), but this update is going to be pretty normal sized. I've been struggling pretty hard this week with mental issues, which is something I've dealt with for years but it's been especially bad this week. I don't really know why, but I'm planning on seeking some mental help soon, now that our household is fully vaccinated.

First up in the update is something from last week. In the video up above (which is playing in slow motion to make the effect easier to see), you can see a comparison shot of the game's screen transition fade effect - before, the fade was as simple as drawing a transparent black box on top of the screen, which makes for a perfectly workable transition, but it looks kinda muddy and flat. I decided to rewrite it using a very simple shader that adds a flat amount of color to each pixel instead, and the result is an effect that fades the darker colors very quickly, while the brighter colors stay visible for longer. You can see the effect most clearly by looking at the lights and windows, or the metal bits of the room transition doors. It's a simple and subtle change, and I'm not sure how much anyone but me will care or even notice lol, but the effect is much nicer if you ask me.

For this week, I spent most of my work time refactoring our H-scene code, which was an absolute spaghetti mess and made it so adding new H-scenes into the game required hours of work, even after the animation was done. Refactoring it took a lot longer than I thought it would, but I decided to rework it now because of how many new H-scenes were added this update, which made it very clear how inefficient (and frankly annoying to work with) the old code was. The refactoring is pretty much done now, thankfully, and should make implementation of future scenes much quicker.

My work may have been a struggle, but Orexius has been cranking out work like crazy - here's some of the cutscene animations he did for Birch and Alicia this week.

We also have the finished version of that 3D model I mentioned a few updates ago, and he's here to say hi!

This guy won't be in the next update just yet, unfortunately; we don't have the time to give him proper animations, so he'll be making his ingame debut in v0.45 instead.

Lastly, Orexius also updated Alicia's.. "solo" H-scene, which you can see a preview of right here. It now includes a second variation of the animation, as well as an "outro" of sorts.

And that's it for this weekly update. We're going to try and wrap up development of v0.44 as soon as possible, but it might end up being released somewhat late in the month, or having some intended features delayed until next update. My apologies ahead of time if either of those end up happening; we're going to try to get it done on time, but I can't make any promises as there's still quite a bit to do to wrap it up. If it does get delayed longer than you'd like, don't forget that you can unpledge and you'll still receive the update when it comes out. In the meantime, though, thank you so much for continuing to support us!
Oh, I love the new "solo" scene! Many props to Orexius. It has a fluid, organic feel more in lines with some of the latest H-scenes in play than the original.

Reactions: Anon42

jocklen

Feb 17, 2018
I suppose there will be no CG of Crystal Dragon right because nothing has been said about TheRed, Anon42 do not worry I know what you are going to say you already told me in a stream do not worry about telling me so that you do not have to give so much explanation to the too for those who do not know TheRed has been busy with other projects not only with Crisis point, but Anon42 if you can tell me if there will be CG of Crystal Dragon

• Haha
Reactions: Furabia

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I suppose there will be no CG of Crystal Dragon right because nothing has been said about TheRed, Anon42 do not worry I know what you are going to say you already told me in a stream do not worry about telling me so that you do not have to give so much explanation to the too for those who do not know TheRed has been busy with other projects not only with Crisis point, but Anon42 if you can tell me if there will be CG of Crystal Dragon
There will not be an Azulisk (Crystal Dragon) CG in this next update, no. It will be in the next update.

• Red Heart
Reactions: jocklen
4.60 star(s) 29 Votes