Others Crisis Point: Extinction [v0.47] [Anon42]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Alexandra69

Feb 12, 2021
You can access Breast Expansion scenes in the ingame gallery, you've been able to do that for a long time. Button prompts were added in the last version because people kept missing that feature.
Poison Alraune doesn't have a BE animation yet, though, so you won't be able to find one there.
are there any dp animations other than slime?

Jul 15, 2017
Can anyone help? I dont know how im supposed to get to the (last?) top purple area. It looks like im supposed to dash all the way across and double jump but idk how I would do it. When I hold the dash the cliff is like 10cm above me
If you are sturggling you might need the hover boots. With these several areas become easy to access. With the hover boots just dash forwards while on the ground and you boost until you let go of the boost button. This allows you to go up the inclines where you would just slide down and to bridge very large gaps. If the ledge is too high maybe you can boost from something higher up but further away. Combine these with the grip gloves and wall jump you can go anywhere fairly easily.

CrunchyG

Jun 14, 2020
If you are sturggling you might need the hover boots. With these several areas become easy to access. With the hover boots just dash forwards while on the ground and you boost until you let go of the boost button. This allows you to go up the inclines where you would just slide down and to bridge very large gaps. If the ledge is too high maybe you can boost from something higher up but further away. Combine these with the grip gloves and wall jump you can go anywhere fairly easily.
I have yet to get the wall jump. From what everyone has said, its on a top area that I cannot get to. I already have the hover boots and grip gloves

Kalendon

Dec 2, 2019
I know that WJ refers to wall jump but before you critisize maybe you should check the facts. On the map that I linked it is called the WJ Letter.

And back to you... it was not my intention to seem to criticize... BUT I just finished checking in the game and while you definitely can see both items on the screen at the same time, although on two different levels of the screen. According to GRID LOCATIONS, the Wall Jump Upgrade is located in Grid 24/13 while the Letter is located in Grid 25/13

Furabia

Donor
Jun 23, 2019
There are no "bad ends" in Crisis Point and there never will be. Not in any of my future games, either. I'm not interested in creating nonconsensual content, or sex scenes that result in game overs.
What a shame... tough your decision is understandable as you have to suck up to patreon's rules or face a ban.

It has to be noted that you did started developing the game with non-con content and went happily along creating more of this content for a long while, until of course patreon started breathing down your neck... it's quite saddening that the platform forces you in keeping this facade, but it is what it is I guess.

Alexandra69

Feb 12, 2021
What a shame... tough your decision is understandable as you have to suck up to patreon's rules or face a ban.

It has to be noted that you did started developing the game with non-con content and went happily along creating more of this content for a long while, until of course patreon started breathing down your neck... it's quite saddening that the platform forces you in keeping this facade, but it is what it is I guess.
lol not just to suck up to patreon rules lmao non consensual content is bad

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017

I've talked about this before, several times and at length, so you may have seen me giving a response along these lines before. I also want to be clear that I don't mean anything personal by any of this, and I don't mean to be offensive, so I apologize if anything comes across as rude - I simply want to be as clear as possible whenever this conversation comes up so there's no room for misunderstandings.

To be 100% clear, Patreon never contacted me about my game's content, and never directly requested I change it. The change was a preventative move when Patreon started really cracking down on their ToS changes, to make sure I didn't lose my income; however, I had been wanting to remove noncon for FAR longer than that. When I started CPE, I didn't think it would be as big as it is (or part of my livelihood), and I simply followed the trend of what other adult action game devs were doing - non-con/game over rape - instead of thinking through the implications of it. The more I worked on the game, the more I realized how much I disliked it, both from a game design standpoint (forcing loss to see the content you want kills pacing) and because I do not enjoy non-con. You can see this somewhat in the way the game's old content was more dub-con than non-con, I wasn't comfortable making non-con even then. I was originally not going to change it because I didn't want to upset the people following the game (which you have, perhaps understandably, misinterpreted as me "going happily along creating it"), but when Patreon's ToS crackdown happened, I saw no choice but to remove it to protect my livelihood.

Despite the fact that it was ultimately brought about by Patreon's ToS, in my specific case, it was something I already wanted to do, and the end result is a game I am FAR happier with and infinitely more proud of. I wouldn't change my decision for the world, despite the literal years of harassment the change brought on.

If you don't want to believe me when I say all this, and would prefer to pretend it's a facade I put on, fine, that's your prerogative. Just try not to be surprised if someday, a Patreon competitor opens up that's fine with non-con (or Patreon relaxes their ToS), and you still never see me going back to creating non-con. Because I won't.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2017

Anon has been quite clear that noncon really isn't a fetish they're into, and they only had that in initial builds of CPE because it was what was expected of this sort of game, and while the patreon content restriction was an influencing factor, it's not the only reason for the removal of noncon from CPE. I personally think this change has been for the better, but i understand it's not to everyone's taste. I think there's a sever lack of consensual (or at the very least dubcon) monsterfucker stuff and CPE fulfils that niche very well for me.

Reactions: Anon42

gemini20xx

Oct 17, 2017
dang. although i prefer non-con due to my masochistic tendencies, i fully understand and respect your decision

keep up the good work
Now this is the kind of responses we need more of, respectful and understanding of a creator's decisions rather than complaining and attempting to ram their own personal tastes down everyone's throats. There isn't enough games like CPE where the gameplay is the reward, allowing you to just play the game rather than forcing you to lose over and over again to unlock scenes for every enemy in the main menu.

Anon42 and his team are making one the best games I've played in a long time, I even got a wired Xbox controller to improve my gameplay experience, and I have absolutely no problem restarting with each release because it lets me see the effort that is going into it. I don't have enough free income to support on Patreon, but the second the game is out to buy I'll be straight on Itch.to to get it.

Alexandra69

Feb 12, 2021
Now this is the kind of responses we need more of, respectful and understanding of a creator's decisions rather than complaining and attempting to ram their own personal tastes down everyone's throats. There isn't enough games like CPE where the gameplay is the reward, allowing you to just play the game rather than forcing you to lose over and over again to unlock scenes for every enemy in the main menu.

Anon42 and his team are making one the best games I've played in a long time, I even got a wired Xbox controller to improve my gameplay experience, and I have absolutely no problem restarting with each release because it lets me see the effort that is going into it. I don't have enough free income to support on Patreon, but the second the game is out to buy I'll be straight on Itch.to to get it.
AGREE

Reactions: Anon42

Furabia

Donor
Jun 23, 2019
-summary-
As far as you being harassed for it (I never personally seen it, but I can easily believe it as people on the net can be shitty over such things) then that's super fucked up; at the end of the day it's your game and your final decision for better or worse.

But please pardon me if I choose to remain a tad skeptical; you said it yourself that it's my prerogative so I'm sure that you can at least understand where we are coming from, given the coincidence and timing of the change in design. Because even if you're genuine about your change of heart, the fact remains that the it was kind of a jarring "out-of-nowhere" change from an outsider perspective, and since we can't read into people's hearts we have to reason based on actions and context, which can be misleading.

I think this whole "doubt" on the matter will only ever be truly 100% dispelled whenever you start working on your 2nd game, which we can assume that it will be designed from the ground up around your new way of thinking. My point being that if you are genuine about wanting to design games in such a way, you'll be able to create a well thought out and interesting concept that lends itself well to consensual scenes, making people go "oh yeah, to come up with such idea he really meant it then".

• Angry
Reactions: xigva
4.60 star(s) 29 Votes