Others Crisis Point: Extinction [v0.47] [Anon42]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

KorsaroKhan

May 12, 2018
(The following is (mostly) a copy-paste from our If you like what you see, )

(Doodled by our animator, Orexius!)

Hey everyone, welcome to the weekly update! We had a nice productive week, so let's get into it!

First off, our musician finished up the boss fight track for Boss 3, and you can listen to a preview of it up above! I love how it came out, so hopefully you'll be excited to hear the full thing once the update releases! I wasn't sure if I wanted to give each boss a unique theme at first, but our composer does such amazing work every time that any excuse to get more music from them is a good excuse in my book!

Next up, Puffernutter started work on a brand new tileset for a new area, an offshoot of the Summit, this week! Absolutely EVERYTHING in this image is subject to change, as most of the assets are either placeholders or are still in a very rough state at the moment, but we were so happy with how it was turning out that we wanted to show off a preview now!

Next, on top of some other stuff (like increasing the speed of Boss 3 so the fight's not so easy), I worked on a system this week to allow for player choices during dialogue! This likely won't be used super often in CPE - we're not going to have a branching storyline or anything - but it will be very useful for chatting with folks back at camp. I hope to use it to help flesh out their personalities by giving everyone optional dialogue here and there.

Also, to help out anyone struggling to make their way through the game, I'll be giving Rodriguez an "advice" option (as you can see in the image above) that has him point you in the right direction on where you should explore next, so hopefully getting lost won't be as common in the future. I like this implementation a lot, both because it's organic within the world (as compared to a waypoint marker or something like that), and it's also completely optional for the player; if you prefer figuring it out for yourself and don't want to be told where to go, just don't ask him for advice!

Lastly, Orexius finished the animation a while ago, but I don't believe we ever showed off the Tentacle BE H-scene, so here's an in-game preview of that!

And that's it for this week! We didn't end up holding any Picarto streams this week, sorry about that, but we DID go ahead and set up a second, more casual form of streaming on our Discord server! Unlike Picarto, our Discord streams aren't archived (and don't have audio), so I plan to use them for shorter casual dev streams rather than the usual 4+ hour streams we do on Picarto. I'm hoping it'll help fill the gaps when we're not feeling up to a lengthy stream, to allow us to still engage with people while we're working on a smaller scale. At the moment, anyone can watch the Discord streams by being in the server, but only Patrons are allowed to use voice chat, so hopefully the streams won't get too crazy!

The rest of this post will be a personal health/life update, so feel free to skip it if you want. Thanks for reading, and we'll see you next week!

Fitness took another dip this week, and I didn't do any real exercise, unfortunately - BUT, we've been sticking strong to eating better! We've fallen into a rhythm of only eating out once a week, ordering less when we do eat out that one time per week, and cooking a LOT more (and with healthier, fresher foods) at home, so I'm still feeling pretty good about it all things considered! Once I finish posting this update I'm gonna head to our exercise room and get back on that exercise train immediately, so next week will already be off to a better start than this one was.

And that's it for this week! Thank you so much for continuing to follow and support us, everyone, it really means the world to our team! We wouldn't be here without you!
Question. Is there Debug menu in 0.42?

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Question. Is there Debug menu in 0.42?
Every version of the game (except for very old versions) has a debug menu. You have to reach the end of the demo and interact with a letter that's sitting on top of a wooden crate, which is always at the end of the final room in each demo, to unlock it.

Reactions: jaderde

KorsaroKhan

May 12, 2018
Every version of the game (except for very old versions) has a debug menu. You have to reach the end of the demo and interact with a letter that's sitting on top of a wooden crate, which is always at the end of the final room in each demo, to unlock it.
Ok. I FINALLY found it. I didn't know about that feature where by holding that dash button you dash for infinity.

Kalendon

Dec 2, 2019
I've figured out an interesting and VERY helpful way to use some Upgrades in combination:

1) get the Dash Chip
2) get the Dash Strike Upgrade - Cost 2 Skill Points
3) get the Vampiric Touch Upgrade - Cost 3 Skill Points

Then when in combat on land, just use the Dash Strike ability to attack your enemies, hurting them while simultaneously healing yourself (unfortunately this does not work under water where your movement is impeded)...:love::ROFLMAO::sneaky:

jaderde

Jun 16, 2018
(The following is (mostly) a copy-paste from our If you like what you see, )

(Doodled by our animator, Orexius!)

Hey everyone, welcome to the weekly update! We had a nice productive week, so let's get into it!

First off, our musician finished up the boss fight track for Boss 3, and you can listen to a preview of it up above! I love how it came out, so hopefully you'll be excited to hear the full thing once the update releases! I wasn't sure if I wanted to give each boss a unique theme at first, but our composer does such amazing work every time that any excuse to get more music from them is a good excuse in my book!

Next up, Puffernutter started work on a brand new tileset for a new area, an offshoot of the Summit, this week! Absolutely EVERYTHING in this image is subject to change, as most of the assets are either placeholders or are still in a very rough state at the moment, but we were so happy with how it was turning out that we wanted to show off a preview now!

Next, on top of some other stuff (like increasing the speed of Boss 3 so the fight's not so easy), I worked on a system this week to allow for player choices during dialogue! This likely won't be used super often in CPE - we're not going to have a branching storyline or anything - but it will be very useful for chatting with folks back at camp. I hope to use it to help flesh out their personalities by giving everyone optional dialogue here and there.

Also, to help out anyone struggling to make their way through the game, I'll be giving Rodriguez an "advice" option (as you can see in the image above) that has him point you in the right direction on where you should explore next, so hopefully getting lost won't be as common in the future. I like this implementation a lot, both because it's organic within the world (as compared to a waypoint marker or something like that), and it's also completely optional for the player; if you prefer figuring it out for yourself and don't want to be told where to go, just don't ask him for advice!

Lastly, Orexius finished the animation a while ago, but I don't believe we ever showed off the Tentacle BE H-scene, so here's an in-game preview of that!

And that's it for this week! We didn't end up holding any Picarto streams this week, sorry about that, but we DID go ahead and set up a second, more casual form of streaming on our Discord server! Unlike Picarto, our Discord streams aren't archived (and don't have audio), so I plan to use them for shorter casual dev streams rather than the usual 4+ hour streams we do on Picarto. I'm hoping it'll help fill the gaps when we're not feeling up to a lengthy stream, to allow us to still engage with people while we're working on a smaller scale. At the moment, anyone can watch the Discord streams by being in the server, but only Patrons are allowed to use voice chat, so hopefully the streams won't get too crazy!

The rest of this post will be a personal health/life update, so feel free to skip it if you want. Thanks for reading, and we'll see you next week!

Fitness took another dip this week, and I didn't do any real exercise, unfortunately - BUT, we've been sticking strong to eating better! We've fallen into a rhythm of only eating out once a week, ordering less when we do eat out that one time per week, and cooking a LOT more (and with healthier, fresher foods) at home, so I'm still feeling pretty good about it all things considered! Once I finish posting this update I'm gonna head to our exercise room and get back on that exercise train immediately, so next week will already be off to a better start than this one was.

And that's it for this week! Thank you so much for continuing to follow and support us, everyone, it really means the world to our team! We wouldn't be here without you!

I like that new Tentacle animation dude will the CG be changed too ??

gemini20xx

Oct 17, 2017
Any plans to add BE scenes in addition to the sprites?
Don't forget, story-wise the CG scenes basically take place in captivity. BE is more of a gameplay mechanic to make things a little bit more difficult and entertaining in places, but who knows?

napala

Jun 12, 2017
And what about double-team CG scenes? Surely Dr. Birch would request Alicia to capture more than one of each specimen.
Speaking of double-teaming, is every enemy going to get a double-team animation at some point?

gemini20xx

Oct 17, 2017
And what about double-team CG scenes? Surely Dr. Birch would request Alicia to capture more than one of each specimen.
Speaking of double-teaming, is every enemy going to get a double-team animation at some point?
Doubtful for the cg, but I think Anon said they're planning on more double-team animations further down the line.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I like that new Tentacle animation dude will the CG be changed too ??
Nope. We're not changing content just for the sake of it; the only CG we're still redoing is the Edovex CG, since it was drawn by an older artist in a different style. For BE H-scenes, the reason we're changing the Tentacle and Slime scenes is because their old BE animations were the same as the normal scene, just with bigger boobs, and we want each BE animation to be unique.

Nope, sorry. We don't have the time, budget, or team size to double our CG count, unfortunately.

Same answer as above; we don't have the resources to do gangbang CGs. For enemy animations, not EVERY enemy will get a gangbang scene, but we do plan on doing more of them in the future for enemies that frequently show up in pairs.

Kalendon

Dec 2, 2019
I have put together a Game Map that shows at least roughly where things that I have found in the game are located... once in the area most of them are in plain sight. But some are hidden and or tricky to get to, and yet others may be unreachable until you have acquired the right ITEMS and or UPGRADES to be able to reach them... or until further updates are released making new items and or Skills available...

In the Updated version of the Map, the Grid Locations of items are listed using the x / y format
(x - is the column) & (y - is the row)
Also they are NOT listed in the order they were acquired but according to the grid location on the map

Happy Hunting

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Kalendon

Dec 2, 2019
And finally the Skill Types

Also I will Update these Postings as I get new information that I find through playing this game. And I wish you all... HAPPY HUNTING... and of course the OGLING of Alicia. And a very large thanks to the team working on this game.

Reactions: srg91 and Anon42

-MK-

Aug 24, 2020
hey anon42, I've been enjoying your game very much. it's definitely one of my favorites!
I love the art style, your storyline is phenomenal (especially for an h-game), the music is on point (I even like to listen to it while I relax), the voice actors do a great job. This is top notch stuff. I look forward to buying the finished product (sorry, I'm in college and can't afford to support anyone on patreon right now. I'm just happy to eat every day.)

I just played through v.42 and found a few bugs/issues that I didn't see addressed in the changelogs for .43 or .44
- x20y57 drops you into x20y58, but on the map it shows you as being in x21y58
- the new teleporting lightball hazard makes a high-pitched humming that cannot be muted in any way. I set every audio setting to 0 and can still hear it clearly.
(I got stuck on one of the puzzles (inf. double-jump was nonconducive) and the noise started to grate on my nerves after about 15min) I had to turn off my speakers to mute it. (a way to bypass it with the debug menu would be nice too. perhaps with the invincibility button?)
- there's a section of thorny vines in x18y36 that wont burn with the melee attack or dash. (I have the flarestrike, blazing torrent, and dash-strike unlocked)

stuff I got stuck on:
- is there a way to get past the strong current?
I can't explore past x30y37, x41y47, or x41y55
- how do you get into x32y56?
I can see an opening in x31y56, but since it's underwater I can't dash through... (I figure it's tied to x41y55, but I can't pass the current either)

ps: I love the little Easter egg in x56y15

Last edited:

lonelywolfy

Nov 16, 2017
I succeded in burning those vine, but it was quite random. If I remember correctly, I did a jump then melee attack just before reaching the ground, or something like that.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
hey anon42, I've been enjoying your game very much. it's definitely one of my favorites!
I love the art style, your storyline is phenomenal (especially for an h-game), the music is on point (I even like to listen to it while I relax), the voice actors do a great job. This is top notch stuff. I look forward to buying the finished product (sorry, I'm in college and can't afford to support anyone on patreon right now. I'm just happy to eat every day.)

I just played through v.42 and found a few bugs/issues that I didn't see addressed in the changelogs for .43 or .44
- x20y57 drops you into x20y58, but on the map it shows you as being in x21y58
- the new teleporting lightball hazard makes a high-pitched humming that cannot be muted in any way. I set every audio setting to 0 and can still hear it clearly.
(I got stuck on one of the puzzles (inf. double-jump was nonconducive) and the noise started to grate on my nerves after about 15min) I had to turn off my speakers to mute it. (a way to bypass it with the debug menu would be nice too. perhaps with the invincibility button?)
- there's a section of thorny vines in x18y36 that wont burn with the melee attack or dash. (I have the flarestrike, blazing torrent, and dash-strike unlocked)

stuff I got stuck on:
- is there a way to get past the strong current?
I can't explore past x30y37, x41y47, or x41y55
- how do you get into x32y56?
I can see an opening in x31y56, but since it's underwater I can't dash through... (I figure it's tied to x41y55, but I can't pass the current either)
Thank you for the kind words! And please don't worry about not being able to pledge, I know what it's like to struggle financially. Take care of yourself first.

For your feedback, in order:
-That bug was fixed in v0.43
-That's actually not the warp hazards, but thank you for pointing that out, because it did help me discover an audio bug. That sound you heard was glow ambience from the crystals; it's supposed to fade in and out as the crystals glow, but it appears that there's something that causes the audio level to get locked. I'll look into it. I won't be adding a way to bypass the warp hazards with debug, though.
-You CAN burn those vines, but the hitbox is awkward. A jumping attack while you're falling down will work if timed correctly. The room was updated in the current build I'm working on, though, so it won't be so annoying in future versions. It was an unnoticed side effect of changing the Flare powerup from a projectile into a melee upgrade, it used to be easy to burn but yeah.

-There's no way to get past strong currents yet.
-You can't yet. There's nothing in there at the moment anyway, if it makes you feel any better :p

Micmck

Feb 8, 2020
Soooo I'm probably an idiot but I keep getting an error that says it cannot detect directX when I have directX 12 installed. Does this game require me to download a directx 9 patch or is there some other work around?

Edit: Nevermind I fixed it. Just had to download a legacy DirectX driver XD

-MK-

Aug 24, 2020
Thank you for the kind words! And please don't worry about not being able to pledge, I know what it's like to struggle financially. Take care of yourself first.

For your feedback, in order:
-That bug was fixed in v0.43
-That's actually not the warp hazards, but thank you for pointing that out, because it did help me discover an audio bug. That sound you heard was glow ambience from the crystals; it's supposed to fade in and out as the crystals glow, but it appears that there's something that causes the audio level to get locked. I'll look into it. I won't be adding a way to bypass the warp hazards with debug, though.
-You CAN burn those vines, but the hitbox is awkward. A jumping attack while you're falling down will work if timed correctly. The room was updated in the current build I'm working on, though, so it won't be so annoying in future versions. It was an unnoticed side effect of changing the Flare powerup from a projectile into a melee upgrade, it used to be easy to burn but yeah.

-There's no way to get past strong currents yet.
-You can't yet. There's nothing in there at the moment anyway, if it makes you feel any better :p
Thank you for making such a great game(in progress)!

-good to hear. I must have missed it in the changelog.
-glad I could help! will you be tying the sound into one of the volume sliders (like music or enemies)? it's a neat effect (especially when you're just passing through), but it can grate on the nerves if you get stuck on something.
(I think it's cool shit that you have the crystals humming like that, I just don't want to listen to them for extended periods.)
-yeah, I remember being able to get through from an earlier build. makes sense that a change like that would cause a few issues

-dang. well at least I can quite hunting for one
-yes, it does

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes