Others Crisis Point: Extinction [v0.47] [Anon42]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

MacDakka

Jun 10, 2017
So you decide to not put rape content in your game. So we just assume that all the sex scene in thich the mc is involved are consentient?
Aye, unfortunately (<- Personal opinion, do not lynch me ;)).
In game mechanics, you have to actively initiate the sex scenes yourself.
Lore-wise, the things going on on the planet mess with people's desires and amplify their libido, which explains why everyone is after Alicia's ass...ets, and why she herself loses control from time to time, too.

Which, depending on where you stand on the rougher stuff, kind of works, I guess, but since the animations themselves are just top-quality (and even keep improving), the voice acting is great and the gameplay convinces, too - not to mention the dev himself being transparent, upfront and actively involved with the community -, the game as a whole is still a rare gem and definitely worthy of support.

I guess if earlier versions would not have had the typical 'Getting knocked down and the enemies coming over to rape ya' mechanics, it would never have mattered, as people would never have had the opportunity to miss them.
Because the animations themselves are open to interpretation (she is definitely not obviously enjoying everything done to her, ahegaoing around and crying the typical VN platitudes - but you can also full well see her as enjoying it, albeit reservedly), and I will admit it is nice that you can play the game unmolested if you want (instead of button-mashing every few minutes), because it does stand on its own as a game.
You can think of it this way: 'Tis a proper game, exploring adult themes, taking itself not too seriously, with bonus sexy times thrown in, instead of a half-arsed skeleton that only strings H-scenes together.

... What I most defnitely cannot and will not forgive, however, is Blue Tester Guy and his heartless extinction. Someone has to remember! ;)

Zeddy

Jul 27, 2017
I will admit it is nice that you can play the game unmolested if you want (instead of button-mashing every few minutes), because it does stand on its own as a game.
You can think of it this way: 'Tis a proper game, exploring adult themes, taking itself not too seriously, with bonus sexy times thrown in, instead of a half-arsed skeleton that only strings H-scenes together.
Well said. I personally prefer game design that doesn't jarringly interrupt the flow. Most games turn the sex into something that needs to be avoided if you want to beat the game, resulting in game over with sometimes lengthy back tracking.

D

Deleted member 2830334

Aye, unfortunately (<- Personal opinion, do not lynch me ;)).
In game mechanics, you have to actively initiate the sex scenes yourself.
Lore-wise, the things going on on the planet mess with people's desires and amplify their libido, which explains why everyone is after Alicia's ass...ets, and why she herself loses control from time to time, too.

Which, depending on where you stand on the rougher stuff, kind of works, I guess, but since the animations themselves are just top-quality (and even keep improving), the voice acting is great and the gameplay convinces, too - not to mention the dev himself being transparent, upfront and actively involved with the community -, the game as a whole is still a rare gem and definitely worthy of support.

I guess if earlier versions would not have had the typical 'Getting knocked down and the enemies coming over to rape ya' mechanics, it would never have mattered, as people would never have had the opportunity to miss them.
Because the animations themselves are open to interpretation (she is definitely not obviously enjoying everything done to her, ahegaoing around and crying the typical VN platitudes - but you can also full well see her as enjoying it, albeit reservedly), and I will admit it is nice that you can play the game unmolested if you want (instead of button-mashing every few minutes), because it does stand on its own as a game.

... What I most defnitely cannot and will not forgive, however, is Blue Tester Guy and his heartless extinction. Someone has to remember! ;)
Then it's basically sexual stockholm syndrome.

• Haha
Reactions: MacDakka

gemini20xx

Oct 17, 2017
This has probably already been asked, and I apologise for it if it has, but will the bosses be getting their own unique CG scenes or will they keep the animated sex scenes in the viewer down the line?

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
..you mean the Torguis enemies that have been officially added in the game for a while now? :p
Screen_46.png

This has probably already been asked, and I apologise for it if it has, but will the bosses be getting their own unique CG scenes or will they keep the animated sex scenes in the viewer down the line?
It has been asked before, and the answer is that I'm honestly not sure. I want to do something better for the boss fights than just a sprite sex scene, since there's only a handful of bosses in the entire game, but I've never been able to decide what exactly it should be. So, for the moment, I can't really give you a solid answer other than "I want to do something more eventually"

napala

Jun 12, 2017
speaking of CGs, have you thought on the (rather unlikely) possibility of adding BE and double team CGs for some enemies?

And I don't know if it has been asked before, but is every enemy going to have a double team sequence?

I've also noticed that there's barely any anal content, maybe that's something to be fixed in the future? >.o

MacDakka

Jun 10, 2017
..you mean the Torguis enemies that have been officially added in the game for a while now? :p
View attachment 1086009
Ha! How is that for ignorance! :ROFLMAO:
Of course, that is just because as an honest, law-abiding citizen, I have never ever poached any of the newer, Patreon-exclusive versions, so I was out of the loop ... yep, I will go with that one. :p

... In all seriousness, I have peeked into the exclusive stuff here and there, of course, curiosity and all, but I really never played so far as to encounter those guys again - and I honestly thought they had gone the Way of the Hellhound. Thanks for the heads-up! :LOL:(y)

Ah, going over the changelog, I can see they came back in V0.37. So in my defence, I can at least in all grognardesse point to their being gone temporarily and up to then, so all is not lost on that front.
Besides, my point that someone has to remember still stands - just all the better that that someone was you! ;)

Y'all will excuse me now. It seems I have a date with the Catacombs ...

Kalendon

Dec 2, 2019
Here are the areas that I have found in this game... unfortunately I don't have the right software to be able to combine these into 1 image, so if some kind soul would like to do what is necessary, you have my permission to use these screenshots to do so.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

MacDakka

Jun 10, 2017
Then prepare yourself for the Lurker, second coming of the Hellhound! Two words of advice, melee dodge.
Oh man, were you not kidding. Bitch is a fast one! :LOL:

In the end, I went for the old 'Dicking and Dakka' method - pinning him down for a few seconds, healing (yeah, not yet playing on hardest difficulty, judge me ;)), and having invulnerability frames from the first part, in order to facilitate the second one.
Only becomes a bit tedious when there are more than one on the screen (which would be a perfect time for a gangbang scene, anyway ...), and when 'Automate Sex Scenes' is on, I guess, so you would have to wait every time? :)

gemini20xx

Oct 17, 2017
Bitch is a fast one! :LOL:
LIke I said, melee dodge. In my experience, the squirmy little bastard's too fast to shoot! So i just pull a melee dodge when he pounces, and if he whittles my health too low I just let him get squirmy in Alicia's pants.

The Lurker's my favourite enemy.:alien:

Kalendon

Dec 2, 2019
LIke I said, melee dodge. In my experience, the squirmy little bastard's too fast to shoot! So i just pull a melee dodge when he pounces, and if he whittles my health too low I just let him get squirmy in Alicia's pants.

The Lurker's my favourite enemy.:alien:

For dealing damage I like combining either the Laser Shot or the Boomerang Shot with the Triple Trigger... most enemies don't last too long against that combination

Also effective against the speedy Lurker is the Melee attack once you've picked up the Blazing Torrent... it forms a curved wall of fire that sets enemies that touch it on fire... then you just have to break out the Marshmallows...

MeaBorowski

Dec 14, 2020
Nice. Also, is there an option to permanently have enlarged boobs? And how many monsters are there in the game right now, because it seems like i miss some of them looking at the gallery. And damn, the game really should have a walkthrough. Sometimes i just dont understand what to go next. Like, how can i get through two shield vielding girls in the catacombs? Or how do i get the submerge in water upgrade and e.t.c

Kalendon

Dec 2, 2019
Nice. Also, is there an option to permanently have enlarged boobs? And how many monsters are there in the game right now, because it seems like i miss some of them looking at the gallery. And damn, the game really should have a walkthrough. Sometimes i just dont understand what to go next. Like, how can i get through two shield vielding girls in the catacombs? Or how do i get the submerge in water upgrade and e.t.c

To get past the Shield Wielding Women you need to do 1 of the following choices:

1) wait for them to move their shield to the side when they get ready to fire their weapon... & shoot them during that time
2) use Wire Shot on their Shield to topple them forward & shoot them as they lay on their Shield
3) if you have acquired the Boomerang Shot, the returning part of the shot will damage them
4) if you have acquired the Laser Shot, it will go through their Shield

Also in order to submerge under the water you have to find the Weighted Boots Upgrade

CrunchyG

Jun 14, 2020
Wait where and how do you get the wall jump? I seem to have gotten everything else but am stuck at the part where you can dash for a couple feet but slam into a wall like you need a tiny bit to get over a ledge. Kind of looks like a double jump would be needed

Reactions: Artix0
D

Deleted member 2830334

Permanent large boobs = debug menu from end of demo.

It becomes an option, along with a few other things.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
(The following is (mostly) a copy-paste from our If you like what you see, )

(Doodled by our animator, Orexius!)

Hey everyone, welcome to the weekly update! We had a nice productive week, so let's get into it!

First off, our musician finished up the boss fight track for Boss 3, and you can listen to a preview of it up above! I love how it came out, so hopefully you'll be excited to hear the full thing once the update releases! I wasn't sure if I wanted to give each boss a unique theme at first, but our composer does such amazing work every time that any excuse to get more music from them is a good excuse in my book!

Next up, Puffernutter started work on a brand new tileset for a new area, an offshoot of the Summit, this week! Absolutely EVERYTHING in this image is subject to change, as most of the assets are either placeholders or are still in a very rough state at the moment, but we were so happy with how it was turning out that we wanted to show off a preview now!

Next, on top of some other stuff (like increasing the speed of Boss 3 so the fight's not so easy), I worked on a system this week to allow for player choices during dialogue! This likely won't be used super often in CPE - we're not going to have a branching storyline or anything - but it will be very useful for chatting with folks back at camp. I hope to use it to help flesh out their personalities by giving everyone optional dialogue here and there.

Also, to help out anyone struggling to make their way through the game, I'll be giving Rodriguez an "advice" option (as you can see in the image above) that has him point you in the right direction on where you should explore next, so hopefully getting lost won't be as common in the future. I like this implementation a lot, both because it's organic within the world (as compared to a waypoint marker or something like that), and it's also completely optional for the player; if you prefer figuring it out for yourself and don't want to be told where to go, just don't ask him for advice!

Lastly, Orexius finished the animation a while ago, but I don't believe we ever showed off the Tentacle BE H-scene, so here's an in-game preview of that!

And that's it for this week! We didn't end up holding any Picarto streams this week, sorry about that, but we DID go ahead and set up a second, more casual form of streaming on our Discord server! Unlike Picarto, our Discord streams aren't archived (and don't have audio), so I plan to use them for shorter casual dev streams rather than the usual 4+ hour streams we do on Picarto. I'm hoping it'll help fill the gaps when we're not feeling up to a lengthy stream, to allow us to still engage with people while we're working on a smaller scale. At the moment, anyone can watch the Discord streams by being in the server, but only Patrons are allowed to use voice chat, so hopefully the streams won't get too crazy!

The rest of this post will be a personal health/life update, so feel free to skip it if you want. Thanks for reading, and we'll see you next week!

Fitness took another dip this week, and I didn't do any real exercise, unfortunately - BUT, we've been sticking strong to eating better! We've fallen into a rhythm of only eating out once a week, ordering less when we do eat out that one time per week, and cooking a LOT more (and with healthier, fresher foods) at home, so I'm still feeling pretty good about it all things considered! Once I finish posting this update I'm gonna head to our exercise room and get back on that exercise train immediately, so next week will already be off to a better start than this one was.

And that's it for this week! Thank you so much for continuing to follow and support us, everyone, it really means the world to our team! We wouldn't be here without you!

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes