Others Crisis Point: Extinction [v0.47] [Anon42]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

voodoohexx

May 2, 2018
just finished the update, i even enjoyed getting stuck :V
well 10$ in the bag my friend not mutch but keep it up
ty and all the staff really good work:)
and by the way someone should add a voiced tag i mean...

• Red Heart
Reactions: Anon42

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
(The following is (mostly) a copy-paste from our If you like what you see, )

Surprise, weekly updates are changing schedule (slightly)! Instead of posting them on Sundays, I'll be posting them on Saturday from now on!

Prepping weekly updates every week can take a few hours, from writing to prepping gifs and making sure they're posted everywhere. I'm changing the schedule to make room on Sundays, so I can get some light work done on the early stages of another game project - our next game after Crisis Point! I won't be discussing it in detail just yet, but we've nailed down what our second project is going to be, and have decided to begin early development now, so that when Crisis Point is finished we should already have an early playable version of the next game to show off! We're only dedicating one day a week to this new project, and it will only be on weekends, so don't worry about it conflicting with Crisis Point development - if anything, having a second project to work on something new every once in a while helps prevent burnout!

rising-platforms.gif
Anyway, enough about that. As I mentioned last week, development of v0.43 is wrapping up, so there's not a lot to show or talk about this week. We do have one visual, though, which is the gif up above, showcasing a new obstacle I created this week. It functions similarly to the falling platforms in the Summit, but if you continue to stand on the platform, it will start rising instead. The speed the platform rises at isn't final; I might make it faster since it is a bit sluggish right now, but it should make for some fun obstacle courses!

Aside from that, I spent most of my time this week adding the sound effects our sound guy finished (I'm still waiting on some, but the ones he has delivered have been added now), and continuing to tweak and polish things to get ready for the release. Not a lot of level design happened, since I wanted the rising platform obstacle to use in the new levels; I'll be spending time this week trying to actually add in a few new rooms to explore, but it's likely that v0.43 will be pretty light on the new content front. Boss 3's rework and cutscenes took up a lot of our time, so future updates should be better in that regard.. at least until it's time to add another boss fight :p

It's kind of hard to know when to cut off this update cycle and just release the thing. The longer it takes, the more likely the Sentry CG rework will be complete and we can include it. Red finished most of the character shading in our last stream, but the background is still only in sketch form, so there's still quite a bit of work left to do. We've also officially reached the 2 month mark now, so the update is technically "late" already. I guess we'll see how things are looking by next week's update. I can't guarantee that the update will be in a good enough state to be released by next Saturday, but I'm hoping it will be!

That's the end of the development update this week; thank you for reading, and for continuing to support us! The rest of the post will be my weekly health/fitness update, so feel free to skip it if you don't care about that!

As far as exercise goes this week, things didn't go super great. I must've pushed myself too far at some point, my legs were experiencing some sharp pain when bending certain ways for maybe ~4 days this week - for the first few days, I tried to continue exercising daily and just keep it very light, but that seemed to make the pain worse, so I had to take a few days off exercising entirely to let them rest and recover. I feel fine now, I just tried to go too far too soon, so I need to be a bit more careful about how far I'm pushing myself. After so many years of living a completely sedentary lifestyle, it seems I've got a ways to go to get my body in working order! The good news is that we finished setting up our spare room into a home gym, so it all feels a little bit more official now. Since we've put in that effort, it would be lame of us to give up on the exercise now, so we're in this for the long haul!

Thank you for reading the update, and I hope things are going well for all of you! We'll see you in next week's update!

jocklen

Feb 17, 2018
Hello Anon42 and the new project that you have planned is going to be a sequel to crisis point?

I was imagining that if it were a sequel that at an hour instead of Alice fighting in a different world, at a time it was on planet earth where the monsters left and everything that happened in past events I don't know if I explain

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Hello Anon42 and the new project that you have planned is going to be a sequel to crisis point?

I was imagining that if it were a sequel that at an hour instead of Alice fighting in a different world, at a time it was on planet earth where the monsters left and everything that happened in past events I don't know if I explain
Sorry, but I have no plans to make a sequel to Crisis Point. I want to make a lot of different kinds of games in all sorts of genres and settings, rather than being "the Crisis Point guy" or "the Metroidvania guy". I can't say for certain that I'll never make another Crisis Point game again, who knows what the future will bring, but it's not something I have any plans to do.

jocklen

Feb 17, 2018
If it's okay, I just want to remove this doubt, I hope the next project will be interesting as it was crisis point.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
If it's okay, I just want to remove this doubt, I hope the next project will be interesting as it was crisis point.
Well, I sure hope it will be! It won't be anything like CPE, though. I'm not about to make a card game or some mobile gacha BS or anything like that, but it's definitely going to be a very different kind of game.

Aerrae

Apr 26, 2020
Exercise? I'll be getting more of that.. by moving to a city with a decent transit system and doing a heelllllluva lot more walking.

My mom used to make me walk for hours and hours when I was a kid so I have some endurance, I've got nothing on my boyfriend though. Funny enough I can run faster than him and he's taller than me and has longer legs, but keeping up with him walking is difficult.

Oct 18, 2018
I must be slightly slow but where can you find the ledge grab ability again? It's been months since I last played and I was just waiting for a substantially big update so I might be missing out on a lot of things.

Also, I might have already asked the same question here but I can't seem to remember so I'll apologize.

TheWelshMan

Sep 3, 2019
How do you destroy the thorn walls?

Also - I'm stuck in the entrance corridors to the catacombs...they keep returning me to the same place. How do I progress please?

guldfisk

Aug 6, 2016
How do you destroy the thorn walls?

Also - I'm stuck in the entrance corridors to the catacombs...they keep returning me to the same place. How do I progress please?
You can destroy the thorn walls when you pick up the upgrade to add fire to the melee attack. As for the catacombs entrance, just follow the lit torches, you have to enter specifics rooms in a specific order.

Reactions: TheWelshMan

jocklen

Feb 17, 2018
They are going to broadcast on Wednesday, if I don't read it wrong Anon42 said that broadcasts are made on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays but I'm realizing that on Wednesdays they don't do last Wednesday they didn't, I suppose it's because they're busy, and by the way it's not I complain about this, I just wanted to know why they don't broadcast on Wednesdays.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
(The following is (mostly) a copy-paste from our If you like what you see, )

v0.43 Thumbnail.png

(NSFW trailer available here: )

Hey everyone! Sorry we didn't make our update post yesterday like normal, but there's a reason for that! Drum roll please... Crisis Point: Extinction v0.43 is finished and ready for our $10 patrons to play! You can watch the video up above for an overview of some of the major changes, and keep reading the post for a more detailed list, as well as our plans for v0.44!

v0.43 MAJOR CHANGES AND FEATURES
-Boss 3 rework pretty much done (just missing cutscenes and some voice acting now)
-More areas to explore and secrets to find
-Added two new bullet chip types, the Sawblade Shot and the Crystal Shot (Crystal is missing sound effects)
-Added some more conversations that play as you explore certain parts of the game, including two "hint" dialogues that play in areas players commonly get stuck in
-Sentry CG was redrawn and has new artwork now
-Added a Cutscene Viewer to the main menu (only the Lucas+Verreda H-scene is viewable in this mode currently, and is unlocked automatically for now; in the future, cutscenes will unlock for re-viewing as you progress through the game)
-Fixed a number of bugs and glitches (full list at the bottom of the post)

v0.43 was largely focused on filling out various areas of the game that were incomplete, rather than developing brand new content. The Boss 3 rework now has close-to-complete visuals, more bullet chip types were added, there's more dialogue to hear as you explore the game world, and there's a few more areas to explore, in addition to some minor tweaks to existing areas that were flawed or frustrating. The Warped Sentry CG has been redrawn by Red, leaving only one CG remaining that needs to be updated. We've also done some work on new stuff that isn't actually in the update, but will show up later on, like a new enemy design.

v0.44 GOALS AND PLANS
-Add in cutscenes for Boss 3, to finish up the rework
-Add further story cutscenes and a new small "biome"
-Continue work on new enemy type, hopefully add them in
-Add new H-scenes
-Start work on Boss 4 (will be kept secret)
-Rework Edovex CG, which will finalize CG reworking
-Implement Crystal Dragon CG
-Give some recolor enemies altered behaviors/attack patterns
-Fix more bugs and glitches

If v0.43 was mostly about polishing up previous content, v0.44 is the opposite, and focused on new things! I speak for the entire team when I say we're looking to speed up development of CPE and get the final game in your hands as soon as possible. We're going to start pushing hard into new content territory from here on out, and once the game is nearing completion, do one final polish pass; stuff like new special effects, additional sounds, adding any still-missing H-scenes to enemies, and so forth. My goal is to no longer have any updates where the main focus is reworking/finishing content, until the game is almost finished. There will inevitably still be polishing done between now and then, but it shouldn't be the focus of any updates for a while.

One last thing before this post is done. There was a bit of uncertainty after last week's update, when I announced we're starting the early stages of development on our next game; I want to clarify that development of the next game is ONLY happening on weekends, and is coming out of our free time, not out of Crisis Point's work hours. Additionally, the only reason we're starting on it now is because we have an internal estimate and roadmap for when we're aiming to finish Crisis Point. We've still got a ways to go (I don't expect the game to launch this year), and I do not plan on sharing this estimate - it's a fairly ambitious one and who knows what could happen - but we do have a planned timeframe we're working towards!

Alright, that's it for this update! We'll be taking a brief break, so there won't be a stream on Monday and maybe Wednesday, but they will start up again soon. Thank you SO MUCH to all of our amazing Patrons for your support during this update's development, and an extra huge thanks to our top Patrons during this cycle:

SeraphStarliege
Katsune Teku
Benjamin Arnold
Leon Kiske
Pedro Fraga
TCTheorist
Joshua Woodward
Skraflar
Skrabyzarc
koldkanadian

Thank you so much for reading the update, and to our $10 patrons, I hope you enjoy v0.43! See you in the next update!
-A42

v0.43 MINOR CHANGES AND BUG FIXES
-Fixed Poison Alraune not approaching Alicia for H-scenes
-Fixed an issue where Alraune would enter their walk cycle, but stop animating when they got near Alicia, when approaching her for an H-scene
-Sentries no longer continue running at Alicia when she's in a sex scene they can't participate in
-Opened Rodriguez's eyes to the secrets of the universe
-Fixed an issue where, in some instances, Alicia would be facing the wrong way during a late-game cutscene
-Fixed Yellow slimes having green glow lighting instead of yellow
-Added slight ambient lighting to Torguis enemies, and glowing red eyes to the Lurkers, to help identify them in dark areas
-Added short hint dialogues in a few places, when the player seems to be stuck there long enough
-Made the Wire Shot return to Alicia MUCH more quickly, if she somehow misses with it (such as when the Warped Sentry lowers her shield just before the Wire Shot grapples it)
-Added button prompts to the in-game H-scene gallery explaining all the available controls
-Fixed issue where enemies killed in recent rooms do not respawn after the player quits to main menu, then reloads their save
-Fixed "Ascending the Summit" save point not having the proper Save Point room color on the map
-Implemented potential fix for an issue where Boss 3 would get stuck in her Divekick animation when hitting certain walls
-Fixed a bug where hitting a warp hazard orb while grappling with the Wire Shot caused the Wire Shot noise to continue looping indefinitely
-Fixed a level design issue in the Catacombs where Sentries and a Wire Shot target would compete for the Wire Shot's auto-targeting feature, making its behavior inconsistent
-Fixed a freeze that would occur if Alicia somehow got inside of certain collision geometry
-Attempted fix for a rare crash during Boss 3 if her sniper ends up inside of a wall while aiming at the player
-Fixed a bug that was causing the initial controller layout for Gamepads to be incorrect, placing both Melee and Dash on the same button
-Fixed an issue where the player could dash while underwater, if ledgegrabbing
-Fixed an issue where the player's gun could stick through some walls, allowing them to shoot through the wall
-Player can now use the Force Shot even when their gun is inside of a Force Shot-destroyable block
-Fixed a bug where Sentries could not be hit by the Auto Shot when they're knocked over
-Altered level design and moved save point before Boss 3 to better facilitate the puzzle
-Fixed a room in the Subaquatic Caverns being misplaced on the map
-Fixed a bug where the map screen duplicates over itself on some systems, becoming cluttered and difficult to read

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes