Others Crisis Point: Extinction [v0.47] [Anon42]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes
May 25, 2017
I'd like to make a suggestion. Can you please make it to where picking up a new weapon chip doesn't replace your currently equipped one? I don't like having to go back through the menu every single time I pick up a new one to re-equip my preferred combo.

Ippolito

Nov 19, 2017
Poor map of in-game objects (version 0.42).

After some pretty busy months, I finally got back to the game and did some exploration and discovered, to my delight, new areas I hadn't explored before. Like last time, the map can potentially contain errors: if you notice them or if you want to correct or improve it, go ahead, it's at your complete disposal. Unfortunately I didn't find full maps of the game online, so I had to take a few screen shots from my game, one per area, hopefully they didn't come out too bad. The legend is simple and quite intuitive: red hearts for healthups, green squares for skill points, yellow stars for orbs, white triangles for gun upgrades and black ones for the character's upgrades.
Click below if you want to see the map: do so at your own risk.

P.s.: The game is really beautiful, congratulations to Anon and his team. I loved the parts with the white light globes to dodge, if in the future you'll do larger areas with these challenges (like Hollow Knight's White Palace for example) you will have my unconditional love ;)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DaBouncer

Jan 24, 2020
Poor map of in-game objects (version 0.42).

After some pretty busy months, I finally got back to the game and did some exploration and discovered, to my delight, new areas I hadn't explored before. Like last time, the map can potentially contain errors: if you notice them or if you want to correct or improve it, go ahead, it's at your complete disposal. Unfortunately I didn't find full maps of the game online, so I had to take a few screen shots from my game, one per area, hopefully they didn't come out too bad. The legend is simple and quite intuitive: red hearts for healthups, green squares for skill points, yellow stars for orbs, white triangles for gun upgrades and black ones for the character's upgrades.
Click below if you want to see the map: do so at your own risk.

P.s.: The game is really beautiful, congratulations to Anon and his team. I loved the parts with the white light globes to dodge, if in the future you'll do larger areas with these challenges (like Hollow Knight's White Palace for example) you will have my unconditional love ;)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This will be very useful. I considered doing something similar, but about which areas have a pathway that require a gun upgrade or skill to access. But laziness took a hold of me when I realised I was missing a gun upgrade and had ZERO idea where it was, and that I'd have to essentially replay the game from the start to not miss some small areas.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Hey guys! I haven't posted about CPE dev streams on any forums in a while, so I figured I would drop a link to let you know we're about to start one up! We stream typically every Monday/Wednesday/Friday at ~3pm EST (running a little late today), so if you're at all interested in watching our team work on Crisis Point, come hang out with us!

Reactions: Rumyumy

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
(The following is (mostly) a copy-paste from our If you like what you see, )

Hey everyone! Feels like it's been a while since I wrote a weekly update, since the last major update came out on a Saturday and we were on break last weekend! Development of v0.44 started up in full force this week, and we've already gotten a lot done!

Before I get into anything else, the cutscene linked up above is one of the major things I worked on this week. Both the intro AND outro cutscenes for boss 3 were completed this week, which means boss 3 is finally (pretty much) complete! There's lots of little polish tweaks I'd like to add if we ever get the time, like better effects and visuals, more cutscene animations, and more sound effects, but that will all come later in development, during our final polish pass. The video up above is just a small sampling of the scene, so I hope you're looking forward to seeing the full thing!
Aside from that, I also received the remaining sound effects from Green and implemented those this week. The Crystal Dragon and Crystal Shot both have proper sound effects now, as well as a handful of missing things around the game!

Another major thing I worked on this week was some secret planning stuff related to Boss 4. I've never talked about Boss 4 before, but my plan for them has gone through some changes, and said changes necessitated some changes in our late-game story. It's nothing major, so it won't impact the consistency of our story at all, but it should lead to some more interesting storytelling later on in the plot!

Aside from the things I worked on, Orexius spent this week animating the BE Tentacle H-scene (which he's nearly done with), and Red worked on some concept art for the new enemy we're working on! Their combat abilities are all planned out, and I'll be working on implementing them next week, just without visuals. Hopefully we'll figure out a design we're satisfied with and give them proper visuals by the time the update comes out.

And that's it for us this week! The rest of the update will be personal/life/fitness stuff, so if you just wanted to read about Crisis Point, feel free to stop here, and thank you for reading!

Sooo tearing the bandaid off, fitness hasn't been going great. We haven't given up or anything, far from it, but our consistency isn't so hot lately. I wonder if the weekly updates have been more motivating than I realized? :p We're still fasting pretty consistently, so there's that at least, and I plan to fix the problem starting today and make sure I exercise daily again like when we started. No sense in crying over the mediocre performance of the past week or two, just gotta stand back up and get into it again!

And that's it for the whole update. Thanks for reading guys, and I hope your 2021 plans are going great so far! Thank you so much for continuing to support us, it really means the world. We'll see you in the next update!

leninja13579

Dec 5, 2017
what is the situation with the artist?
so far it looks like there were 3 artists involved with the project so far, can anyone give me more information about this?

leninja13579

Dec 5, 2017
on another note, does someone has an older version of Crisis Point (the one where the CG pack and gallery from the download section are from)?

MacDakka

Jun 10, 2017
so far it looks like there were 3 artists involved with the project so far, can anyone give me more information about this?
Judging from the latest dev post up there: Looks like they did not work out. :LOL:
I know, I know, I will let myself out now. ;)

A bit more seriously, I believe that LustFire was involved with the project at some point back yonder (have some Alicia artwork from him, and I think Anon42 posted on his blog about it), but I honestly cannot say whether or not he is still. Maybe Anon42 himself can post a little history lesson - or, with how far the game has come over the years, hire a dedicated historical consultant! :D

About older versions, I only have those very, very, very first ones from 2014 and 2015 lying around (V0.2-0.13), back when rape was a thing, bestiality was not yet a thing, and Blue Tester Guy was still around (I miss him, by the way. That threesome was hot! :p). I suppose those are from before the CG pack, however. ;)

Nevertheless, if they interest you from an academic, blast-from-the-past, historical point of view about where the roots of the game lie, I could post them here. If I remember correctly, back then, they were public versions (was it not around V0.20 or so that the regular updates became Patreon-exclusive?), but still, I would rather not do so without Anon42's explicit D'accord, since they are a bit of a different direction from what the game has become (although not terribly so - it has stayed remarkably consistent in vision, feel and, for lack of a better term, soul; but content- and polishing-wise, they are of course not really comparable with newer versions), which could well confuse some people, which again could lead to completely unnecessary discussions, bad vibes &c.
I hope you understand, but 'tis his project, after all, and I do respect that. And if this 'ere old brain throws some historical facts in the wrong order in his reminiscing about the past, please correct me! :)

gemini20xx

Oct 17, 2017
You've pretty much summed it up on your own. Over the course of the project the original CG artist Lustfire left, I can't remember the reasons but Kuso Okoto replaced them updated some the original art until he left as well, again can't remember why. The Patreon doesn't list the current artist, so I'm guessing one of the other team members has taken up the job along with their other duties.

There's most likely more accurate information to be found on the Patreon, it'd probably take some time to find but itl'l tell the story and reasons better than I can.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017

There's no more information to be had. They both asked to leave the project for their own reasons, which I haven't (and won't) publicize out of respect for their privacy. Neither LustFire nor Kuso are involved in CPE anymore, but both of them have gone on to do other things; I think Lust has worked on a handful of other games as well as working on his own, and Kuso is working on Uragoner.

Just to clarify a few things MacDakka said - versions of the game were free up until v0.13, which was the last free version we released up until the 2019 public demo. I don't mind if you guys post those versions of the game; they're free and easy to find out there anyway, just know while playing that those versions of the game contain content that I no longer have any interest in creating, and I will never be adding it back to Crisis Point or any of my future games. And before somebody inevitably asks, no, it wasn't just because Patreon ToS made me do it, I already didn't want to make rape content anymore - and no, rape will not be added back to CPE even if Patreon ToS changes and rape is allowed.

I appreciate you wanting my permission first though, that's very kind of you :)

Oh, and just to answer the question of who's doing CG art now (guess I've forgotten to update the Patreon page in a while), it's Flannagan The Red, who used to do background art for the game and also briefly helped with animations. So far he's done the Slime and Sentry CG reworks, as well as the new Torguis and Kertalus CGs, so if you've played the most recent versions of the game then you can see his art in those scenes.

gemini20xx

Oct 17, 2017
Rape will not be added back to CPE even if Patreon ToS changes and rape is allowed.
I can respect that, my earliest experiences with adult shooters like Xenotake pretty much rewarded you for failure. I get that with some games its part of the setting, but it frankly gets a little bit much by the end of it even with shorter games that only take a couple of hours to beat with the MC constantly getting knocked down and raped by anything and everything on screen.

That's why I like CPE, I get a choice in what happens on screen at the literal touch of a button save for when exposed to spores or when Alicia get BE'd, but in those instances its more like she's consenting to it rather than being forced to against her will.

Reactions: SirQuiggle

Chokchok

Nov 27, 2019
About older versions, I only have those very, very, very first ones from 2014 and 2015 lying around (V0.2-0.13), back when rape was a thing, bestiality was not yet a thing, and Blue Tester Guy was still around (I miss him, by the way. That threesome was hot! :p). I suppose those are from before the CG pack, however. ;)

Nevertheless, if they interest you from an academic, blast-from-the-past, historical point of view about where the roots of the game lie, I could post them here. If I remember correctly, back then, they were public versions (was it not around V0.20 or so that the regular updates became Patreon-exclusive?), but still, I would rather not do so without Anon42's explicit D'accord, since they are a bit of a different direction from what the game has become (although not terribly so - it has stayed remarkably consistent in vision, feel and, for lack of a better term, soul; but content- and polishing-wise, they are of course not really comparable with newer versions), which could well confuse some people, which again could lead to completely unnecessary discussions, bad vibes &c.
Would you be able to post those? I'm curious to see how the game has changed since its early developments.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017

Hey everybody! Pretty small weekly update today, I spent all my time on one major thing this week, but the good news is that one major thing is pretty much done!

As you can see in the video up above, I was working on a new enemy this week. There are still a few minor things left to do to polish it up, programming-wise, as well as the fact that it has almost no graphics yet, but functionally it's more or less complete now!

This guy has a more complex moveset than most other enemies, but it's not a full-on boss fight, more like a miniboss; it starts off being protected by a barrier of crystals (in the video there's only 1, but in the full fight there are 3), and no attacks are able to hurt it during this phase. Instead, you have to aim for the crystals spinning around him instead, and break them one by one. Once the crystals are broken, the enemy will immediately go into a powerful spinning laser attack. Once that attack is over, it returns to its normal behavior pattern, but with less downtime between attacks and with another laser attack every ~20 seconds until it's defeated, making it much more dangerous. Once the barrier is down, you'll need to focus on taking it down as soon as possible!

Like I said, most of my time this week was spent working on this enemy. I've also been brainstorming names for the Crystal Dragon enemy, so he can actually have a real name for once - don't know why I've been struggling with that specific one for so long, but I think we're finally on to something, so he shan't be unnamed much longer! We've also got more work coming from our musician (for the 3rd boss fight), so I hope you're looking forward to that - I know I am!

Last week, I said that Orex was nearly done with the Tentacle BE H-scene. He ran into some difficulties with the climax animation, so he's still trying to finish that up this weekend. Once he's done, he'll be starting up the next H-scene right away, so there should be a solid amount of H-content in this next update even though it's going a little slower than we hoped.

Red, who's the only one on our team that has experience working with 3D, has been working on a 3D model for this new enemy. It's something we haven't done before, but want to try incorporating into our development process - essentially, creating a simple 3D model of the enemy, animating it in 3D, then tracing over the renders for the final art in the game's pixel style. It's a technique we'd like to incorporate more in the future, so hopefully it works out! Once he's done with the model, he'll be working on some more CGs.

And that's it for us this week! The rest of this update will be a personal update, so feel free to stop here if you just wanted CPE news. Thanks for reading!

As far as personal health/fitness goes this week, it went pretty well! I didn't quite meet my goal of working out every day, but I worked out for 4 of the 7 days of the week, which is a good step up over how last week went! Any improvement is worthwhile, so I'm choosing to be proud of it instead of wishing I did better; I'll just make sure this next week is even better than that. We've also succeeded in ordering out a bit less and cooking at home a bit more, which is another good step forward; exercise is only one piece of the getting-healthy puzzle, after all. One more piece of good news, too - our household started the Covid vaccination process this week! We all got our first shots yesterday afternoon, and our second doses are scheduled for a month from now. I'm looking forward to being at least a little more protected; things won't change too much, we'll still be masking up when outside, and spending our time at home and avoiding crowds, but the extra peace of mind helps a lot.

And that's it for this week! Thank you so much for reading everybody, and for continuing to support the development of Crisis Point! We'll see you next week!

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017

Hey there, everyone! Got a jam-packed weekly update for you this week, so let's get into it!

First off, the gif up above. While working on the recolored enemy variants this week, I realized just how sad and lame the Tentacles looked, so I decided to take the opportunity to update their animation! Now, instead of just sinking into the ground, they have a proper digging and attacking animation. There's still a few tweaks I want to make to keep it visually interesting (like making each tentacle dig at slightly different times), but it already looks way better!

I also worked on recolored enemy AI this week, and giving them new/altered behavior for higher-tier versions of enemies. So far, the Warped Soldier, Slime, and Tentacle are all complete! The higher-tier Warped Soldiers now aim directly at Alicia instead of only in a straight line (which you can see in the gif above), Slimes move much faster along walls and have less downtime when jumping and landing, and Tentacles not only dig faster, but higher tiers will dig a few times in a row before resting. I'm really excited for these changes; it should help the lategame combat stay exciting and challenging, even once Alicia's toolkit has expanded!

Next up, Orexius started working on the Slime BE H-scene this week - but before he started work on that, we decided to touch up the Slime sprite, which hasn't been changed since development started. It was pretty ugly before, if you ask me, and this new coat of paint brings it in line with the rest of the game's visual quality standards!

And as far as the Slime BE H-scene itself, goes...

One last thing before this update ends, about our streaming schedule - I've been doing some thinking about why it is that we seem to miss at least 1 stream every week, and the conclusion I've come to is that a dedicated stream schedule just doesn't work well for me, creatively. I was diagnosed with ADD as a child, and it's shaped me creatively in a lot of ways, and I get the feeling that hard schedules just don't really benefit me, and instead cause a lot of stress and anxiety.
To try and fix it, I'm going to be changing the way our streams work: instead of a stream Mon/Wed/Fri at 3 pm EST, I'm instead just going to be aiming for at least 3 streams a week, whenever it feels right! Ideally, the amount we stream won't change (and might even go up!), they'll just be unscheduled. If it doesn't work out that way, I'll figure something else out in the future, but that's what I'm going to be trying for now!

And that's all for this update! The rest of this post will be a personal health update, so you can stop here if you just want to read about CPE. Thanks for reading and for supporting our work!

Health was a mixed bag this week. The fitness part didn't go so great, I only worked out a few times - however, one big change this week was in the food department. I've been terrible about ordering out a lot and barely cooking this year (and since way before then, if we're being honest), but this week I managed to go the entire week without ordering out once, and cooked more than I have in the past month. That may not sound like a lot for most people, but for me it's a pretty big deal as it's something I've always struggled with. I've also been managing to eat a bit less, and my weight is finally starting to move downward ever so slightly, so despite the workout failure, I'm calling this week a win - and next week will be even better!

Alright, that'll be it for this update! Thanks so much for reading, we'll see you in the next weekly update!

Sharko666

Jan 14, 2020

Hey everybody! Pretty small weekly update today, I spent all my time on one major thing this week, but the good news is that one major thing is pretty much done!

As you can see in the video up above, I was working on a new enemy this week. There are still a few minor things left to do to polish it up, programming-wise, as well as the fact that it has almost no graphics yet, but functionally it's more or less complete now!

This guy has a more complex moveset than most other enemies, but it's not a full-on boss fight, more like a miniboss; it starts off being protected by a barrier of crystals (in the video there's only 1, but in the full fight there are 3), and no attacks are able to hurt it during this phase. Instead, you have to aim for the crystals spinning around him instead, and break them one by one. Once the crystals are broken, the enemy will immediately go into a powerful spinning laser attack. Once that attack is over, it returns to its normal behavior pattern, but with less downtime between attacks and with another laser attack every ~20 seconds until it's defeated, making it much more dangerous. Once the barrier is down, you'll need to focus on taking it down as soon as possible!

Like I said, most of my time this week was spent working on this enemy. I've also been brainstorming names for the Crystal Dragon enemy, so he can actually have a real name for once - don't know why I've been struggling with that specific one for so long, but I think we're finally on to something, so he shan't be unnamed much longer! We've also got more work coming from our musician (for the 3rd boss fight), so I hope you're looking forward to that - I know I am!

Last week, I said that Orex was nearly done with the Tentacle BE H-scene. He ran into some difficulties with the climax animation, so he's still trying to finish that up this weekend. Once he's done, he'll be starting up the next H-scene right away, so there should be a solid amount of H-content in this next update even though it's going a little slower than we hoped.

Red, who's the only one on our team that has experience working with 3D, has been working on a 3D model for this new enemy. It's something we haven't done before, but want to try incorporating into our development process - essentially, creating a simple 3D model of the enemy, animating it in 3D, then tracing over the renders for the final art in the game's pixel style. It's a technique we'd like to incorporate more in the future, so hopefully it works out! Once he's done with the model, he'll be working on some more CGs.

And that's it for us this week! The rest of this update will be a personal update, so feel free to stop here if you just wanted CPE news. Thanks for reading!

As far as personal health/fitness goes this week, it went pretty well! I didn't quite meet my goal of working out every day, but I worked out for 4 of the 7 days of the week, which is a good step up over how last week went! Any improvement is worthwhile, so I'm choosing to be proud of it instead of wishing I did better; I'll just make sure this next week is even better than that. We've also succeeded in ordering out a bit less and cooking at home a bit more, which is another good step forward; exercise is only one piece of the getting-healthy puzzle, after all. One more piece of good news, too - our household started the Covid vaccination process this week! We all got our first shots yesterday afternoon, and our second doses are scheduled for a month from now. I'm looking forward to being at least a little more protected; things won't change too much, we'll still be masking up when outside, and spending our time at home and avoiding crowds, but the extra peace of mind helps a lot.

And that's it for this week! Thank you so much for reading everybody, and for continuing to support the development of Crisis Point! We'll see you next week!
So you decide to not put rape content in your game. So we just assume that all the sex scene in thich the mc is involved are consentient?

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes