Others Crisis Point: Extinction [v0.47] [Anon42]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Fistagon77

Jun 28, 2017
There's lots of updates on progress, but I think the last released build was 0.45 back in December of 2021. Since so much detail on internal progress is given, I don't personally mind that nothing playable has been released for a while.
yeh the last update was forever ago.
im not talking about "internal progress" thats a update like someone tell you they got a update, they going to take a shtt and think they gonna do some coding afterwards.... unless they got a playable version update then they got nothing.

• Angry
Reactions: NoMoreParanoia

Caca204

Oct 22, 2021
I don't know why I don't get so involved in these things I take care of my PC but don't go too far

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
(The following is (mostly) a copy-paste from our If you like what you see, If you enjoy the game, We couldn't make this game without our supporters!)

Hey everyone. So, we've officially entered 2023, and the update isn't out yet. The closer we got, the more certain I was we were going to miss the date; to be honest, we still have quite a bit more to do before it's ready for a release, and if I had forced the update out it definitely would've been rushed, so as bummed as I am about missing the 2022 release window, I'm a little relieved that the pressure to do it is gone now. Everyone has been waiting so long for this update, I don't want it to have loads of issues when it finally does, if I can avoid it.

So, like I said in the last biweekly update, now that we've entered 2023 with no update release, I'll be posting weekly updates instead of biweekly until the update comes out. I'm going to keep them simpler, so they don't take up much of my time compared to usual, and I can focus more on getting the update itself out, so let's get right into it.

The main things left to do are testing, and the UI. With testing, this update has SO many radical changes to the game that odds are, there are tons of issues I haven't run into yet. It'll be hard to find all of them before releasing the update, so I'm probably going to save testing until everything else is done, and then get some close friends to help me test the game as thoroughly as possible. I'll let you know when we get to that phase, since it'll hopefully be right before the update comes out for everyone.

For the UI, progress is going very well. The Blaster and Skills menus are both complete, and I've started on the Options menu as well, which is the most complex menu but also the last major one. There's a few smaller menus that also need an update, like the difficulty selection menu when you hit New Game, and the Warp menu, but those are extremely simple and should only take a few hours of work each. There's also the Database menu, which I haven't started yet, but the good news is the Database menu isn't a very interactive menu, unlike the other ones - it's just a menu to display information and lore, so it will be more complicated than the super small ones like the Warp menu, but much simpler than any of the main ones like the Options or Skills menus, so it shouldn't take too long to complete.

There's still a bit of work that needs to be done for 360 aiming, but Orexius is still working on the animations for that, so I can't finish it up on my own. I've been adding animations as he finishes them though, and almost all of the most important stuff is finished, so it won't be much longer til 360 aiming is done enough for a release.

So that's where things stand right now. I'm sorry we missed the 2022 window, but we're going to continue streaming ~4 times a week and posting weekly updates until it's out, so you'll all be updated every step of the way. Thank you all for being patient with us while we finish this up! This is the biggest update CPE has ever received, despite the lack of new content - playing it is like playing a completely new game and I'm so excited to get it in your hands, I'm positive it's going to be worth the wait! Thank you for sticking with us, and I hope all of you had a fantastic holiday season and brought in the new year with style. We'll see you during this week's streams, and next weekend with the next update!

Zelomio

Sep 28, 2017
(The following is (mostly) a copy-paste from our If you like what you see, If you enjoy the game, We couldn't make this game without our supporters!)

Hey everyone. So, we've officially entered 2023, and the update isn't out yet. The closer we got, the more certain I was we were going to miss the date; to be honest, we still have quite a bit more to do before it's ready for a release, and if I had forced the update out it definitely would've been rushed, so as bummed as I am about missing the 2022 release window, I'm a little relieved that the pressure to do it is gone now. Everyone has been waiting so long for this update, I don't want it to have loads of issues when it finally does, if I can avoid it.

So, like I said in the last biweekly update, now that we've entered 2023 with no update release, I'll be posting weekly updates instead of biweekly until the update comes out. I'm going to keep them simpler, so they don't take up much of my time compared to usual, and I can focus more on getting the update itself out, so let's get right into it.

The main things left to do are testing, and the UI. With testing, this update has SO many radical changes to the game that odds are, there are tons of issues I haven't run into yet. It'll be hard to find all of them before releasing the update, so I'm probably going to save testing until everything else is done, and then get some close friends to help me test the game as thoroughly as possible. I'll let you know when we get to that phase, since it'll hopefully be right before the update comes out for everyone.

For the UI, progress is going very well. The Blaster and Skills menus are both complete, and I've started on the Options menu as well, which is the most complex menu but also the last major one. There's a few smaller menus that also need an update, like the difficulty selection menu when you hit New Game, and the Warp menu, but those are extremely simple and should only take a few hours of work each. There's also the Database menu, which I haven't started yet, but the good news is the Database menu isn't a very interactive menu, unlike the other ones - it's just a menu to display information and lore, so it will be more complicated than the super small ones like the Warp menu, but much simpler than any of the main ones like the Options or Skills menus, so it shouldn't take too long to complete.

There's still a bit of work that needs to be done for 360 aiming, but Orexius is still working on the animations for that, so I can't finish it up on my own. I've been adding animations as he finishes them though, and almost all of the most important stuff is finished, so it won't be much longer til 360 aiming is done enough for a release.

So that's where things stand right now. I'm sorry we missed the 2022 window, but we're going to continue streaming ~4 times a week and posting weekly updates until it's out, so you'll all be updated every step of the way. Thank you all for being patient with us while we finish this up! This is the biggest update CPE has ever received, despite the lack of new content - playing it is like playing a completely new game and I'm so excited to get it in your hands, I'm positive it's going to be worth the wait! Thank you for sticking with us, and I hope all of you had a fantastic holiday season and brought in the new year with style. We'll see you during this week's streams, and next weekend with the next update!
Wouldn't it be possible that you released the game on a platform like steam?

gemini20xx

Oct 17, 2017
Wouldn't it be possible that you released the game on a platform like steam?
I know for a fact its going to be on itch.to, as for Steam I just did a search through the forum to double-check. Here's a direct quote concerning it from Anon42.

Because of the way Steam segregates adult content, the current plan is to release a censored version of Crisis Point onto Steam as a non-adult product, with a free DLC/patch also on Steam to restore all of the sexual content, much like House Party is doing. That way the game will still reach anyone who doesn't like sexual content, but it won't be much extra effort at all to get the full NSFW experience.

Reactions: Susan Xandera

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017

Hey everyone, weekly update time! Like last week, this will be a quick rundown of how v0.46 is coming along. I don't want to spend too much time on these updates, so I can put more time into finishing the update itself, so let's get straight into it!

The Options menu was basically completed last week, only missing a few small functions that won't take long. The Controls menu took a bit more effort than I expected (and I already expected it to be the toughest menu in general), so I wasn't able to get to the other small things like the Warp and difficulty selection menus yet. That being said, the Gamepad Selection menu I implemented this week is nearly identical to how the warp and difficulty selection menus will function, so I'll be able to reuse most of the code and those ones will be even faster to implement. Fingers crossed, the UI rework should be done by the end of the week, unless I'm forgetting something major!

For 360 aiming, all of the truly essential animations are finished, so we can call it complete enough for release now. Orex will still be working on more animations for it, there's plenty of room for more polish, but from here on it's non-essentials!

The menus and 360 aiming were the only two major things left before this update is ready to come out, and now that one of those is done and the other is nearly done, we're finally approaching the finish line! I still need time to do bug testing/QA, so I don't think the update will come out before next weekly update, but I think the major work will be done by that point. Then it's just a matter of polishing and bug testing, and we should finally be able to deliver the update to you by the end of January.

And that's it for this update! I hope you're all excited to finally play this thing, I know I am - 360 aiming has been such a massive gamechanger, CPE feels better than ever. As usual, we'll be streaming a bunch this week to try and get the update finished, so come hang out on Picarto ( if you're interested in watching us work. Thanks for reading, see you again at the next update!

PaNiq

Dec 3, 2017
Just imagine how old we all will be when 1.0 comes out because update only from 0.45 to 0.46 takes more than a year.
Well if they keep working on UIs and menus and other worthless stuff then for sure we won't ever get a full version

gamerguysruleepic

Sep 24, 2020
Well if they keep working on UIs and menus and other worthless stuff then for sure we won't ever get a full version
I've noticed that the more text updates a creator provides, the less actual content we can actually expect. Sad that this creator would use depression over and over as an excuse to not work while people are still paying, in a forum where so many suffer from depression themselves. Bad look for Anon42 and his team.

This is the only game of this kind that I've paid for. Paid more than I do for AAA games. Won't make that mistake again.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017

Hey everyone, and welcome to what will hopefully be the last weekly update before v0.46 is in your hands!

Things are going to be a bit different this week, compared to the last few. As you all know, we've been streaming 3-4 times a week to try and get this update finished, and now we're finally just about at the finish line. There are a lot of logistical things involved in an update release, and I can't really stream that work, so we might not be streaming at all this week; we're definitely not streaming today, and the rest of the week will largely depend on how playtesting goes, which I'm going to be starting in earnest today. If I run into any major issues that could take a few hours to fix, then I might stream that work, but otherwise I'm going to be focused on the things that I need to do in order to release this update - preparing the trailer and marketing materials, fixing smaller bugs, playtesting the crap out of it, and so on - so don't expect any streams from us.

I guess that whole paragraph covers most of the important info, namely the fact that v0.46 is entering final testing now. The only things still strictly missing are the Database menu, where you access the bestiary, and the Gallery on the main menu, which is only used to rewatch the Lucas+Verreda scene at the moment. Since those two menus aren't strictly necessary, I decided to hold off on them for now, so we can get this update out before the heat death of the universe - they'll either be readded in a hotfix to v0.46, or in v0.47, depending on how badly folks want them back (and if v0.46 is stable enough that I don't have to spend all my time releasing hotfixes for more important issues).

Well, that's about all I have to say for today. We're finally at the finish line, so bear with us while we make this last push to finish things up, and get you all the update you've been waiting for so patiently! See you again soon, hopefully with that update release post!

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes