SlowDance

May 5, 2017
Not disagreeing, and for the record I love Sissy Maker. But I always felt that the name was a bit of a misnomer, given that Chris is already an incandescent sissy from the start. Personally, I feel that if he were any more feminine he would be less of a sissy and more of a transwoman. Just rambling, but yeah, that game's lovely. Cheers!

Proto Persona

Jan 23, 2018
Not disagreeing, and for the record I love Sissy Maker. But I always felt that the name was a bit of a misnomer, given that Chris is already an incandescent sissy from the start. Personally, I feel that if he were any more feminine he would be less of a sissy and more of a transwoman. Just rambling, but yeah, that game's lovely. Cheers!
Can you provide an example of a sissy game where the main character doesn't start out at least androgynous if not straight up feminine and submissive?

Reactions: SlowDance

Firescrat

Jan 5, 2018
The field dungeon has some errors.
1. The bottom UI stops working so u cant move anymore. Only Option is to leave via debug then u can enter again but u still cant move...
2. After the fight with the lamia i could infinitly press on the continue option and get xp each time, but it would not let me continue exploring. Ony option was go out via debug.

SlowDance

May 5, 2017
Can you provide an example of a sissy game where the main character doesn't start out at least androgynous if not straight up feminine and submissive?
Certainly, if you'd like to one a go. I'm no expert on sissy games, and I'd reckon that there's a thick line between what's sissy and what isn't, so these are just my estimation:
Crossdressing in Camelot
Duplicity
Earn Your Freedom
Futaland
SQ Cruise Ship
The Sissy Girlfriend Experiment
Good luck and have fun, cheers!

Last edited:

Akkarin69

Feb 16, 2018
Certainly, if you'd like to one a go. I'm no expert on sissy games, and I'd reckon that there's a thick line between what's sissy and what isn't, so these are just my estimation:
Crossdressing in Camelot
You start out as androgynous/feminine , so you are missing the point here.

Proto Persona

Jan 23, 2018
Crossdressing in Camelot
Duplicity
Earn Your Freedom
Futaland
SQ Cruise Ship
The Sissy Girlfriend Experiment
Good luck and have fun, cheers!
You start out as androgynous/feminine , so you are missing the point here.
I'd say you start out as androgynous or feminine in all of those games actually, though I have not played SQ Cruise Ship or Duplicity. So hey, new games for me to play! ;)
Futaland is kinda ambiguous about it, but I'd say none of the males in that game are all that masculine or dominant. Also acting that way usually leads to a game over really fast.
why we have he zilion of games in whcich are mens turned into womans, but practicaly none in which female is turned into male.
Because a woman dressing and acting masculine isn't shunned in our culture all that much, but a man dressing and acting feminine is. Fetishes are generally something people can't easily live out in real life because of social stigma. So there's not much of an audience for that particular fantasy really. These games are a way for people to have an outlet for those desires without affecting their real lives.

Reactions: SlowDance

SlowDance

May 5, 2017
I'd say you start out as androgynous or feminine in all of those games actually, though I have not played SQ Cruise Ship or Duplicity. So hey, new games for me to play! ;)
Futaland is kinda ambiguous about it, but I'd say none of the males in that game are all that masculine or dominant. Also acting that way usually leads to a game over really fast.
I hope the ones new to you are worth your time. I really like traps, so for me that's the real draw. Cheers.

Reactions: Proto Persona

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
Certainly, if you'd like to one a go. I'm no expert on sissy games, and I'd reckon that there's a thick line between what's sissy and what isn't, so these are just my estimation
It's tone and focus that distinguish them. It should be obvious enough from the whole "draws its name from an insult" thing but sissy games are entirely about emasculation and almost-inevitably draw on the source of the insult: that there are ~real men~ with big muscles and dominant attitudes and there are little sissy faggots. Wearing girl clothes and getting their dick locked away and on and on are all focused solely on emasculation in an erotic context. You're going to see a lot of negative reinforcement in these, not the least of which is that a sissy is unlovable and unworthy of respect, they only exist to be some slutty little tool that real people play with and toss away when they get bored of them and that's why I can't stand them.

Just due to the way we think a lot of self-confidence and positive self-imaging cross through sexuality. If you're getting off to the idea that there's something wrong with you it's going to reinforce a lot of negative ideas you might have about yourself. I won't deny that degredation stuff can be hot and fantasies are a safe way to explore these feelings but I think the result, especially in a transformative fantasy, should be an image of betterment.

That's why I like this game. It draws from the anime trap/otoko no ko character type rather than the whole sissy thing so it's empowering rather than degrading; being feminized doesn't turn him into a sissy, it draws out an inner strength and feeling of attractiveness and confidence that he didn't have before.

SlowDance

May 5, 2017
It's tone and focus that distinguish them. It should be obvious enough from the whole "draws its name from an insult" thing but sissy games are entirely about emasculation and almost-inevitably draw on the source of the insult: that there are ~real men~ with big muscles and dominant attitudes and there are little sissy faggots. Wearing girl clothes and getting their dick locked away and on and on are all focused solely on emasculation in an erotic context. You're going to see a lot of negative reinforcement in these, not the least of which is that a sissy is unlovable and unworthy of respect, they only exist to be some slutty little tool that real people play with and toss away when they get bored of them and that's why I can't stand them.

Just due to the way we think a lot of self-confidence and positive self-imaging cross through sexuality. If you're getting off to the idea that there's something wrong with you it's going to reinforce a lot of negative ideas you might have about yourself. I won't deny that degredation stuff can be hot and fantasies are a safe way to explore these feelings but I think the result, especially in a transformative fantasy, should be an image of betterment.
I see you put some thought into this, mate, and I think you've composed an excellent definition. I always saw the whole sissy concept as more of a 'top' and 'bottom' thing than an insult thing, but a well-explained perspective like this changes that for me. I'm not as young as some of the other people here, and many definitions have changed quite a bit in the last few decades. I can avoid some emberassment with such patiently-explained perspectives.
My initial thrust was that Sissy Maker was largely misnamed, but seeing things with this new perspective shows that it really isn't misnamed at all.
We live in an era where more terminology is fluid than perhaps ever before, since there's so many people from so many cultures and backgrounds speaking a common tongue and sharing entirely unprecedented experiences together. I look forward to a time when I've finally caught up with the generally collective terms - but something tells me no such time will exist.
Anyway, cheers for making (what I found to be) a very useful post!

VySaika

Donor
Feb 5, 2018
Well, I beat the Alarune in a fight and then it gave me an error and it just kept fighting at negative HP. Is losing that fight the only option?

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
Well, I beat the Alarune in a fight and then it gave me an error and it just kept fighting at negative HP. Is losing that fight the only option?
Nope, you should be able to beat it. I moved those passages to their own separate file recently, and it looks like I deleted the victory passage, but forgot to move it to the new file, so I should be able to fix that soon. In the meantime, if you load that in with an older version of the game (0.6 for example,) that would probably fix the issue.
The field dungeon has some errors.
1. The bottom UI stops working so u cant move anymore. Only Option is to leave via debug then u can enter again but u still cant move...
2. After the fight with the lamia i could infinitly press on the continue option and get xp each time, but it would not let me continue exploring. Ony option was go out via debug.
Thanks, I've seen a few people experience this. Currently trying to work out why the bottom UI stops working, but I should at least have a way to fix it by debugging out and coming back in soon.

VySaika

Donor
Feb 5, 2018
This is actually the first time I've tried the game, so I do not have an older version! But cool, good to know. I can wait for an update or whatever, I'm patient. Will play again, I like the idea of it so far. Also being able to assert yourself and not become a complete submissive mess, as well as having a concrete reason to do these transition things aside from being forced to, is really nice and a breath of fresh air in these kind of games.

As an actual trans woman myself, I do look for stuff that involves turning into a girl but without becoming...an abused sub, basically. This is still pushing towards the subby route, but it's better than anything else I've played so I'll take it.

Reactions: StickyIckyCiC

Proto Persona

Jan 23, 2018
Thanks, I've seen a few people experience this. Currently trying to work out why the bottom UI stops working, but I should at least have a way to fix it by debugging out and coming back in soon.
I've noticed the navigation UI is guaranteed to bug out if I try to go through the crack in the west corridor, if that helps any.

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
I've noticed the navigation UI is guaranteed to bug out if I try to go through the crack in the west corridor, if that helps any.
You aren't supposed to be able to go through the crack in the wall, as that is as far as I got in developing the second dungeon. Is the bug just being unable to use it while you are on that passage? Because unless there's an issue afterwards, that is intentional.

Proto Persona

Jan 23, 2018
You aren't supposed to be able to go through the crack in the wall, as that is as far as I got in developing the second dungeon. Is the bug just being unable to use it while you are on that passage? Because unless there's an issue afterwards, that is intentional.
Yes, the issue is after trying to go in, the movement UI stops responding at all afterwards. I have to rollback the game to a point before my attempt to fix it.

4.00 star(s) 31 Votes