VN Ren'Py Cultural Replay: An Unofficial Culture Shock Fanwork [v0.36] [Palos69]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Who's your favorite girl?

• Total voters

BeastMaster59

Jun 12, 2017
Just to give my 2cents worth, I hate it when you have these minors running to there mothers crying "mommy mommy somebody posted a Ntr Game".
What's wrong with these people?, can't they read Tags?, or why is it that these kids get drawn to Ntr like Flies get drawn to shit.

Palos69

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2021
Sorry about the save incompatibility bug with the original game. That will be addressed. If its a huge concern, I would wait for the next version.

(Version with save game fix posted on front page - 2/21/24)

mac version ?
I'll do one after I fix the save game issues.
word of advice find a way to change where your fanmade version saves at as right now it uses the save folder of the original game game
This will be fixed in the next update. Thanks for pointing that out. It's been added to the Kanban board.
so what is this in reality? and how much content does it have? btw Palos69 please make it so save naming can be disabled and a color scheme for the alfa/beta with the points too (like the wt mod for the OG game) choices would be awesome too EDIT: there are sometimes when the MC calls the mother by her name even with incest on, a bit weird
Good idea for the color scheme. Let me see how much work it would be. I'll try to make it a toggle.
I’m fairly sure of the answer based on the description, but to be certain:

Will this fangame just have the two options where you either add someone to your harem and no one else gets that woman, or you are a beta and only others get that women?

Or will there be a third route where you are in an open relationship with some women and that woman can slut it up with others without turning the MC into a beta/cuck?
Yeah, one of the biggest losses in the original game was that the promised "diplomat" route got dropped. This was a less extreme route than the harem or NTR one. I think it was dropped originally because of the way the stats were managed in the OG. The "Status" system I implemented was specifically to keep that route possible and to create more.

But to answer your original question, the plan is to have various degrees of NTR.

That being said, I am also limited by OG renders and fanart. I have zero interest in learning DAZ.
I will note, probably a good idea to change the download file name, and the executable name to the fan project name instead of still using "Culture Shock".
Good idea to clearly indicate that this isn't the original game, there's enough confusion around fan projects as is.
This will be addressed next update. This was intended as just a mod that fixed dialogue. The scope of the project increased when I realized I had to change major things to address continuity within the story.
not really, he states he has permission to do a more fan remake of the older builds, while modding it with more custom scenes and smaller rewrites to the story to fit the added scenes or any changes he wants to make to the game. plus all the donations or are stated to go to the original dev
I technically don't have permission. I received a brief "thank you" on Patreon when I asked if I could address the grammar and typos in the script. I also sent him bug fixes for his latest release and documentation on how to implement some of the community requested features on his Discord. I never received a response for any of it, and I'm not sure if I saw them or not.

And yes, any donations should go to the original developer. This project will never be paywalled and I don't think it's ethical for me to profit off it.
Holy shit this is such a middle finger to the dev. "I'm making your game better than you do."
I was afraid that it would be taken that way. The original developer is more than welcome to any of my code for his official releases. I even sent him a distributable with updated dependencies and bug fixes he can build off of. They would have to talk to me first so we can distinguish which code and images added are mine, and what was done by other contributors. I don't speak for everyone.

The rewrite started as a way to learn the Renpy framework, but now I'm interested in seeing how responsive I can make the game.
I just keep getting a trojan / virus alert
Do you have a file name? I just scanned mine with Windows Defender and don't see anything.

Last edited:

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
Lol this is the biggest care bare thing iv ever seen on the site. This project won't last long.

OleJackRipper

Mar 22, 2021
sooooo. .. .
is this a fan just tidying up the og?
Not leaning into any content they prefer and are biased to?
To be fair, if they want to then they should be able to. I just want to know before I take a plunge.

Reactions: Palos69

Palos69

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2021
Yes. It's different, but the same assets are used... no new images that I am aware of so the game seems the same except for some dialogue and relationship differences.

But it's similar enough that while I noticed there were changes, I just assumed the dev went back and made some updates. It wasn't until it ended early that I realized something was up.
There are fanart renders used in the beta path for the Mom so far. I think all of it is is tagged with a NTR flag, so if that is turned off than you wouldn't see any of it.
Palos69 I think this is better released as a mod if a large part of assets and plot are the same. If there are only UI and some plot changes it feels more like a mod (I've only seen them published as mods on this site). If you are planning to add new scenes with new graphics to the game then ignore this comment.
That was my initial intention. When I reached out to the mods, they told me to make a Game Request post. It's possible that they misunderstood what I was doing or I didn't explain it well.

A lot of fanart renders are going to be integrated and there are already major differences in the code base. I'm creating more functions to make the game more responsive and rearranging renders to create new scenes.
What does the variable (cs_choice) mean?
That was the start of a new path I was adding to fix a continuity error. It's currently on hold, but I'm leaving the framework there in case I do end up with the renders to finish it.

The intention of the stat was to represent how predatory and weird the MC was.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tunak23

holaje12

Dec 17, 2018
The fuck? Pretty sure I had this mess on ignore

Nvm, it is a different game but actually the same just made by someone else??:WaitWhat:. Well, good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: ByteMi6969

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
The fuck? Pretty sure I had this mess on ignore
Try reading what it says...

This is a fan rewrite that I am using to learn the Renpy framework and best practices. I don't intend to profit off it. If anything, I am hoping it revitalizes interest in the original game. I am not associated with the original creator or game in any way.

It started as an effort to fix the grammatical and continuity errors, but another fan encouraged me to expand and share my work. I was posting my updates in the original thread, but after talking with several other users and the mods, it was decided that it should have its own thread.

I also won't implement an ending until the original game is finished or abandoned to prevent loss of income to King of lust.

Feel free to share feedback, report bugs, or even suggest scenes or story changes. Be aware that I am limited by the original renders and fanart.

drhotrod

Aug 18, 2019
Good start for the redo, but you need to fix the ages of the twins. The MC says he is 19 and Sunny says she is 18 when at the party. Also is the mom's aga correct at 35, that would mean you had the twins when she was 16 years old. And is Liza supposed to be older than Tracy, Liza is given to be 33 years old.

Reactions: Palos69

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
CulturalReplayACultureShockStory-0.2
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Palos69

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2021
Good start for the redo, but you need to fix the ages of the twins. The MC says he is 19 and Sunny says she is 18 when at the party. Also is the mom's aga correct at 35, that would mean you had the twins when she was 16 years old. And is Liza supposed to be older than Tracy, Liza is given to be 33 years old.
Oops. Thanks, will be addressed next update.

Mar 21, 2019
You're obviously crazy, I thought this was a new game of the scene, but he just stole everything and made a copy(((sad

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes