NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Sorry. Can't be bothered to check for when the update will drop. I'm too busy watching this pot waiting for it to boil. After that, I have to watch some paint dry and some grass grow. I'm swamped.

DarkKaiba666

Oct 26, 2017
From a game designer's standpoint:

You can do your coding and rendering at the same time. You can overwrite your image and animation files when they are done rendering and replace the dummy files you used when coding and testing. This is how it should be done. Not doing it this way is really strange if a person really cares about releasing their game's updates.(basically everything is coded and tested, all variables are what they should be and text, scene changes, animation sequences in place before just simply replace dummy no content animation and image files with your renders and have much less to test because you only need to test that the scenes and animations work and were placed properly)

He has not tested his code yet. It may time time to work out the bugs. I will say coding for a day's gameplay should only take an hour or less if you have the story planned out already and know what you want the characters to say. If he doesn't know then that's really sus considering all the time he had to think about that. I think this update will be three days?.. but I don't remember. Regardless, if you dedicate a day to sit down, code, and bug test for just three in game days - it should only take one day. It is the renders and art that takes time.

This is just ridiculous and I don't think his head is in the game so to speak ;)

jokanboka

Jan 6, 2022
From a game designer's standpoint:

You can do your coding and rendering at the same time. You can overwrite your image and animation files when they are done rendering and replace the dummy files you used when coding and testing. This is how it should be done. Not doing it this way is really strange if a person really cares about releasing their game's updates.(basically everything is coded and tested, all variables are what they should be and text, scene changes, animation sequences in place before just simply replace dummy no content animation and image files with your renders and have much less to test because you only need to test that the scenes and animations work and were placed properly)

He has not tested his code yet. It may time time to work out the bugs. I will say coding for a day's gameplay should only take an hour or less if you have the story planned out already and know what you want the characters to say. If he doesn't know then that's really sus considering all the time he had to think about that. I think this update will be three days?.. but I don't remember. Regardless, if you dedicate a day to sit down, code, and bug test for just three in game days - it should only take one day. It is the renders and art that takes time.

This is just ridiculous and I don't think his head is in the game so to speak ;)
I think you are trying to teach a person who doesn't want to learn.
  1. Write the entire script of the story.
  2. Code it with dummy images by going to Paint and drawing squares for characters, triangles for homes, etc.
  3. At this point, you will know how many images you need. Estimate each image at 25% more time than you think it will take, just in case something goes wrong.
  4. Release a roadmap like this: "Hey folks, to complete the game, we need to create 76,000 images, which means 1,600 working hours. Each month, we plan to release an update consisting of N images. Could you please support me with money to hire more people to make the hours burn faster?"
  5. Hire people and have them work on both release A and release B at the same time with different teams. When release A is ready, release B should be at 80% completion. During the next sprint, finish the remaining 20% and start working on the next update. This is how you achieve "stable releases."
  6. Since dummy images are in place, coding may be done for the whole game, including testing. Therefore, coding does not have to wait until the images are in place or something else happens.

3.30 star(s) 81 Votes