Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Sorry for taking so long to respond Rich

I use Fluidos, and I've made some interesting progress... I recently released the new version of the game so I can't put the new animations here yet to avoid making spoilers; I'll put some in a couple of weeks ;)
Of course. I was just wondering if you'd share things like "what viscosity did you find worked" or any other details about what how you set things up. I'm probably going to start some of my own experimentation with FluidOS - just looking for a leg up if you're willing to share some of what you've figured out.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Although as I have commented on previous occasions, one must be ready to "waste time" in testing, since it's difficult to obtain the desired result at first, lol... there are many parameters and some must be known in concrete to get what we want, which is a small jet, constant, at the right speed, and, if this is not enough, that interacts with the object (body in this case) where it impacts (add some viscosity)
In my tests the jet was quite okay in most of the cases, but when it hits "the object" *cough* it always looks weird and kinda choppy. Fluidos 2 has made a lot of improvements, but still :(
I gave up for now, but I'd be interested to see your results.

Yep, it's not easy... but when one gets it, one feels really good... almost, almost like the protagonist :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::FacePalm:
I know exactly what you mean, achievement unlocked^^

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Of course. I was just wondering if you'd share things like "what viscosity did you find worked" or any other details about what how you set things up. I'm probably going to start some of my own experimentation with FluidOS - just looking for a leg up if you're willing to share some of what you've figured out.
Viscosity at "high speeds" (if you know what I mean, lol) gives problems, it leaves "drops" in the air... so there are two options: a) Don't use viscosity if the speed is high (I'm talking about more than 400 or 500), or b) use a very low viscosity; the program has a minimum of 2, but you can unlock that setting and use 0.15 or 0.5 for example.

In my tests the jet was quite okay in most of the cases, but when it hits "the object" *cough* it always looks weird and kinda choppy. Fluidos 2 has made a lot of improvements, but still :(
I gave up for now, but I'd be interested to see your results.

I know exactly what you mean, achievement unlocked^^
No doubt, Fluidos 2 is much better, besides that it allows to "recalculate" the simulation being able to change some of the parameters without having to do all the calculations again, just recalculate the mesh, that is very useful to make the last adjustments.

The impact with "the objects", hehe, also takes its work, but if it is a static "object" can be achieved, the problem is if it moves :FacePalm:

An object within the Fluidos Domain by default will be a "Solid Object" . BUT, you can create a shell on that object and change the "Solid Object" property of that shell to "Viscosity Control", and assign a very high viscosity so that the liquid is retained (between 2000-5000).

Here is an example using "shells":

If with "Viscosity Control" you don't get good results you can also try "Body Foce", but I think that causes a certain "gravity" or "magnetism" in the liquid, so you have to use a low value.

Sometimes you have to combine several of these things to get what you want... the problem is the calculation time :p

BTW, there's a known bug that I already commented with Alberto (the creator of the plugin), and it's that you cannot rotate the Domain, it gives problems, keep in mind ;)

Reactions: blaqhentai

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Viscosity at "high speeds" (if you know what I mean, lol) gives problems, it leaves "drops" in the air... so there are two options: a) Don't use viscosity if the speed is high (I'm talking about more than 400 or 500), or b) use a very low viscosity; the program has a minimum of 2, but you can unlock that setting and use 0.15 or 0.5 for example.

No doubt, Fluidos 2 is much better, besides that it allows to "recalculate" the simulation being able to change some of the parameters without having to do all the calculations again, just recalculate the mesh, that is very useful to make the last adjustments.

The impact with "the objects", hehe, also takes its work, but if it is a static "object" can be achieved, the problem is if it moves :FacePalm:

An object within the Fluidos Domain by default will be a "Solid Object" . BUT, you can create a shell on that object and change the "Solid Object" property of that shell to "Viscosity Control", and assign a very high viscosity so that the liquid is retained (between 2000-5000).

Here is an example using "shells":

If with "Viscosity Control" you don't get good results you can also try "Body Foce", but I think that causes a certain "gravity" or "magnetism" in the liquid, so you have to use a low value.

Sometimes you have to combine several of these things to get what you want... the problem is the calculation time :p

BTW, there's a known bug that I already commented with Alberto (the creator of the plugin), and it's that you cannot rotate the Domain, it gives problems, keep in mind ;)
I haven't even tried moving objects yet, I wasn't happy enough with the impact on static objects, so all I did was trying to make that look as good as possible.
The trick with viscosity control on the object/shell is neat, I'll have to play with it as soon as I find some time.

I've read about the bug when I noticed it, there's a thread about it in the Daz forum iirc (or it was in the main product thread^^), I think he mentioned that he'll fix it for the next update?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Here's a progress update :devilish:...

What do you think? :unsure: Constructive criticism is welcome, lol :p
WHAAAAAA SOUND WARNING!!!
Good I have my headphones on, bad I have them at full volume :HideThePain: that guy screamed into my ears lol

Regarding the fluid it looks like you're at the stage where I stopped trying and you have the same problem I had, it's too thick (imo), meaning the volume/mass, not the viscosity. Sadly making it smaller made it look weird in my experiments.

The animations look good, but a bit static, a bit movement would make them feel more realistic (dick tritching for example).
I like the second one, thats nearly perfect. I'd probably try to give the cum a few more frames if somehow possible.

PS: I'm picky af, so don't listen to me^^

• Haha
Reactions: Porcus Dev

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
WHAAAAAA SOUND WARNING!!!
Good I have my headphones on, bad I have them at full volume :HideThePain: that guy screamed into my ears lol
LOL :eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::HideThePain:

Regarding the fluid it looks like you're at the stage where I stopped trying and you have the same problem I had, it's too thick (imo), meaning the volume/mass, not the viscosity. Sadly making it smaller made it look weird in my experiments.
I made several cums with different parameters, you can download the game and check the videos, so you will see all the possibilities.
This one in particular is not the thickest, lol, but you can make it thinner if you want, here is an example:

The animations look good, but a bit static, a bit movement would make them feel more realistic (dick tritching for example).
I like the second one, thats nearly perfect. I'd probably try to give the cum a few more frames if somehow possible.

PS: I'm picky af, so don't listen to me^^
Indeed, the animation is very static, I guess I had so much work in the cum that I forgot about the details :p:FacePalm:
The point where the jet comes out can follow the tip of the dick (wait, what? LOL)... here's an example:

Compared to the first results I got, I think the progress is good, although there's still room for improvement... but this takes a long time and I didn't want to delay the new version any more; for the next one there will surely be some improvement :p:devilish:
One problem that bothers me right now, is that, if I create for example 3 jets, when the first one has already impacted and is in the "body", lol, when the other 2 jets are simulated that liquid from the first jet "moves" over the body; I need to find the formula to make it stay totally static (if you don't see that effect in my videos is because they have been edited; although in some I think I got it without editing... I will have to check what configuration I used in it).

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
LOL :eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::HideThePain:

I made several cums with different parameters, you can download the game and check the videos, so you will see all the possibilities.
This one in particular is not the thickest, lol, but you can make it thinner if you want, here is an example:

Indeed, the animation is very static, I guess I had so much work in the cum that I forgot about the details :p:FacePalm:
The point where the jet comes out can follow the tip of the dick (wait, what? LOL)... here's an example:

Compared to the first results I got, I think the progress is good, although there's still room for improvement... but this takes a long time and I didn't want to delay the new version any more; for the next one there will surely be some improvement :p:devilish:
One problem that bothers me right now, is that, if I create for example 3 jets, when the first one has already impacted and is in the "body", lol, when the other 2 jets are simulated that liquid from the first jet "moves" over the body; I need to find the formula to make it stay totally static (if you don't see that effect in my videos is because they have been edited; although in some I think I got it without editing... I will have to check what configuration I used in it).
The first one must have taken a lot of time to generate, that's at least what happend when I made it thinner, but I went a bit further^^
and yes that looks a lot more realistic in size.
I can totally relate lol. that's why I stopped experimenting with it for the time being.
Regarding the third jet: I didn't try 3, only two, but wouldn't it be possible to just unparent the first mesh and generate a second (third) one?

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
The first one must have taken a lot of time to generate, that's at least what happend when I made it thinner, but I went a bit further^^
and yes that looks a lot more realistic in size.
Exactly, the smaller the cell size the slower the simulation; but it's not exaggeratedly slow either, I only have an i5, lol... I'm hoping to upgrade to a Ryzen 9 or Threadripper as soon as I can :giggle:

I can totally relate lol. that's why I stopped experimenting with it for the time being.
Regarding the third jet: I didn't try 3, only two, but wouldn't it be possible to just unparent the first mesh and generate a second (third) one?
Yes, you can simulate a jet, save the liquid once it's in the body and import it as a static object; and then simulate another jet... but that's also work and I prefer to avoid it if possible; besides, maybe the second jet will "crash" against the first one and they will have to interact :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

blaqhentai

Jul 19, 2020
Here's a progress update :devilish:...

What do you think? :unsure: Constructive criticism is welcome, lol :p
Excellent work!!

I really don't have any cons to report. Maybe the "shots" can be thinner if you're going for realistic. But it looks very good and the interaction with "the object" is good enough for me!! lol, GREAT JOB!!

• Star-struck
Reactions: Porcus Dev

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Anyone please have that fluidos II plugin? I searched and it's deleted everywhere. Wanna try it.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Anyone please have that fluidos II plugin? I searched and it's deleted everywhere. Wanna try it.
Everywhere? Did you try Googling it? Found it in 30 seconds.

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Everywhere? Did you try Googling it? Found it in 30 seconds.

Huh Yes I found it on few sites but always deleted. Thanks!

blaqhentai

Jul 19, 2020
i tried fluidos but it doesn't seem suitable for small flows, for now i use a cum prop with custom morph and one dforce prop

View attachment 2264281
View attachment 2264282

but in blender both fluids and ik are implemented well, and it's open source code.
Aren't these lazy daz devs able to copy and implement it?
Lol, I am so resistant to switching to Blender. I guess I'll have to make the transition one day, but because of my style of production, I always find a solution for my needs without having to leave Daz to do extra work in Blender.

I use the ik system in Daz and it works fine for me so far.
And for fluids, I've found many different solutions without even having to touch fluidos, though I'm planning on working with it in the future, as well as some other plugins from that guy. He makes some awesome plugins.

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
I have one question about fluidos I doesn't figured out. How the hell I can make longer animation than just 30 frames? I mean sure I can set 200 frames animation but movement of the fluid will be really slowmotion or really fast. But what I want is longer simulation effect. How I can get this ressult ?
View attachment fluid_test.webm

Last edited:

papolk

Feb 11, 2022
Has your timeline(domain,mesh completion) 200 frames?
Did you run the simulation completely?
Did you try to switch the mesher off/on?

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Has your timeline(domain,mesh completion) 200 frames?
Did you run the simulation completely?
Did you try to switch the mesher off/on?
Yes I done all of that. For thing I need I need to use baked preset from animation before as the start of new one. This works.