VN Ren'Py Curvy Town [v0.3.3] [Hvostt]

3.80 star(s) 4 Votes

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
CurvyTown-0.2.2
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Martingale

Oct 1, 2018
Why can I tell this is AI art?
Is it the lack of outlines?
Or the different art styles?
Don't forget about the backgrounds. AI has some... bold ideas about architecture and perspective.
Even in the preview images you can see walls and doors and furniture at clearly odd angles -- as if the game takes place in some universe with non-euclidean geometry. Also buildings with windows just placed at random intervals.

Don't get me wrong -- it is a very powerful tool... if you're trying to make a game set in some Lovecraftian parallel dimension.

Hvostt

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2021
Don't forget about the backgrounds. AI has some... bold ideas about architecture and perspective.
Even in the preview images you can see walls and doors and furniture at clearly odd angles -- as if the game takes place in some universe with non-euclidean geometry. Also buildings with windows just placed at random intervals.

Don't get me wrong -- it is a very powerful tool... if you're trying to make a game set in some Lovecraftian parallel dimension.
I realize that many of the backgrounds look bad and I have plans to improve and replace them, but I don't have that much computer production power at this stage. The fix is planned for later as it will take too long in this situation. But I am aware of the problem and it will be fixed.

Reactions: FFTW

chuchukat

Dec 17, 2018

Even when the individual pieces of AI art are good (it happens), it's still always easy to tell because of the lighting and perspective. It's never consistent between characters in the same scene. Like the girls standing in front of what I assume is a school. How many suns exist in this universe? Is the girl on the right doing a weird Michael Jackson lean? Is the player simultaneously 3, 5 and 7 ft tall?

Hvostt

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2021
Even when the individual pieces of AI art are good (it happens), it's still always easy to tell because of the lighting and perspective. It's never consistent between characters in the same scene. Like the girls standing in front of what I assume is a school. How many suns exist in this universe? Is the girl on the right doing a weird Michael Jackson lean? Is the player simultaneously 3, 5 and 7 ft tall?
The game is still in the making. The final product will look many times better. Unfortunately I can't spend 8 hours every day making the game and I choose the best of what I can afford. I also try to improve most aspects with each update. For example in this update I added a font that has been different for a long time. There are major and minor bugs and according to the size of these bugs I spend different amounts of time and as I described above I don't have the ability to spend 8 hours a day on development. And one more factor that everyone should understand, I work on the game alone and that's the reason why AI art is used. In time the game will be transformed thanks to those who talk about its problems in constructive criticism. Thank you very much for helping in this way to find more flaws.

Reactions: FFTW

Hvostt

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2021
He probably means he feels empty after enjoying new content and has to wait for another free update
If so, I can't say. Paid content will be released on November 10, but when 0.2.3 will get to public release, I can't say.

Sum Gi

Nov 10, 2017
You know you don't have to use the default Novelai art style, right? Like you can very easily change it to something less generic and uncanny.

mkaygts123456

Jan 21, 2021
Bumping for potential, if using AI then I hope there is at least a bunch art of the thick milf. (Growth and thickness appreciated)

Hvostt

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2021
You know you don't have to use the default Novelai art style, right? Like you can very easily change it to something less generic and uncanny.
NovelAi is the most efficient module there is for creating sprites. And it's not the only one I use. All other modules are not suitable for character creation, because there is too much detail and saturation. My artwork in the latest update and at the beginning of the game are completely different.

Sum Gi

Nov 10, 2017
NovelAi is the most efficient module there is for creating sprites. And it's not the only one I use. All other modules are not suitable for character creation, because there is too much detail and saturation. My artwork in the latest update and at the beginning of the game are completely different.
I dunno try Automatic1111, find a checkpoint you like out of the billions on civitai, and blammo!: consistently styled ai art that makes people eyes bounce off in 5 seconds rather than .05 seconds. Works just fine on my mid pc. Free too.

AlphaYL

May 10, 2018
I think NovelAI just works fine, the art is clean without oversaturation and the generated art looks quite nice.

3.80 star(s) 4 Votes