Third Leg

Sep 22, 2020
I have Custom Maid 3d 2 already installed and with a lot of mods and dlcs(other then various presets), do I have to delete it all before install the new Custom Order version?

Will mods and presets be compatible or not?
I've read somewhere that is possible to install both, don't remember where.

JhonLui

Jan 13, 2020
I have Custom Maid 3d 2 already installed and with a lot of mods and dlcs(other then various presets), do I have to delete it all before install the new Custom Order version?

Will mods and presets be compatible or not?
I've read somewhere that is possible to install both, don't remember where.
Want a suggestion? don't touch the original

Reactions: Third Leg

JhonLui

Jan 13, 2020
Why? Can u explain yourself a lil bit more?
now that Hongfire is gone it is difficoult to be precise, but if I remember well COM3D2 is exactly the same game re-encoded for the western market and at least at the beginning none of the mods were compatible.
so to stay on the safe side I would keep the original as well.
COM3D2 is not a sequel, is a clone, than I don't know if it developed more than the original

Finnius

Donor
Jul 4, 2020
I have been playing CM3d2 since way back. I recently grabbed the Ultimate Summer version but haven't yet installed the 'com' version yet to compare. As to compatibility...well yes the japanese version does have backwards compatibility... just not everything yet. Oh and here is my wife:

Capture.PNG

JhonLui

Jan 13, 2020
If somebody can help me...
My mods folder is messed up as I dld'ed the mega pack some year ago and a lot of mods were empty or not working.
I have hard times setting up the body mods (lo body V2), specially to achieve the results of the sample in the mod
any suggestions or setups to share?

KainA777

Apr 29, 2020
Guide to install CM3D2 with summer 2020 torrent
Updated: 5/15/2021

Remark:
Some people say, this is old and you should play com3d2. Yes, maybe. But for me it has its own charme and from my experience the compat mode in com3d2 is not even near to the game experience of cm3d2 itself. even nowadays I tend to play this more then com3d2. The vacation mode and honeymoon does not exist in these way in compatibility mode. But everyone has to decide for him-/herself. So for me: Yes, I like today playing cm3d2 even com3d2 exists.
Almost all dlc that are released from Kiss nowadays contain also cm3d2 files...

1) Installation:
Download Custom Maid Ultimate - Summer 2020 Edition

Should someone really have trouble with this site, here another link to the torrent

The components (com3d2/cm3d2) can be downloaded separately.
Copy the files to a short-name folder, eg. (c:\kiss\cm3d2) cm3d2 in this case is the name of the root-game-folder

Remark: This torrent contains really almost ALL dlc released until Summer 2020 day. Should you plan to install from scratch yourself, many of the "small" dlc this torrent contains are almost nowhere available.

2) System Locale
Set your system locale to japanese (language, administrative settings,unicode)

or this
[Tutorial] How To Run Japanese Games On Windows | F95zone
It is - from my point of view - the easiest way, as it is fast, reversible and changes not too much (the language still remains as it is, there are only some code tables changed) This will allow to install, update and all the other things you might need when you download japanese stuff. it is done in 1 minute + system reboot
My system runs since a year with japanese system locale, it is no big difference in usability

Remark: Of course you can try it with NTLE etc. I did this at first. But it was not so reliable for me, the more as soon as you want to install updates or dlc....
When you start with the launcher, you make sure the game takes all the config settings right. I will not support other methods then use of system locale
When you want to patch your game or install dlc, I see system locale as a MUST.

3) Path & Registry Settings
Go to the game directory, execute "set_install_directory_cm3d2.bat" to set the path & registry entries

4) Game Update - optional
Update the game (1.67 today, 12/15/2021)

If you are new and have problems to get the game to run, you can skip this step easily.

5) Legacy Meidos Modular Toolbox (Little Brother of CMI)
Download the Translation & Uncensor here

install the toolbox, make sure the files of the games are NOT read only!
This will give you a playable, translated & almost complete cm3d2

6) Configuration
Execute cm3d2.exe (launcher) and choose the configuration symbol (tooth wheel) , 3rd line, here you set both check marks.
Save settings !

7) Gameplay
Play the game. You should play the game allways with the launcher (CM3D2.exe). This will execute the 64 Bit Part.

8) Troubleshooting
If you screwed things up with mods or files that cause errors later, your best bet is to go to start again.
I will provide a screenshot of the "fresh" Game Root from the Base after downloading the Summer Edition.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If you have savegames, move them away before. Take a look in your presets folder, if there are names that are not shown properly in Japanese letters, you have most probably a problem with system locale.
Most problems come from mods not properly installed or messed up files.
Black Screen indicates readonly files.
If the game will not start after you cleaned up the installation this way, the fastest way is to download the game again, sorry. For this case I recommend strongly to keep allways a fresh download & play only with derived copies.

Some extra stuff:

a) DLC-Checker

This program is useful to see which dlc are installed

b) Patches - Fixes Kiss never made.....
menu_dlc324
texture_dlc324
texture_yomeidokanteidan2_godmaid

These files cause error dialogue boxes in edit mode after you installed translations from toolbox. No bigger problem but ugly. I fixed them using arcedit. Back up these 3 files first, then overwrite files in CM3D2\GameData folder with patched files. Use them on your own risk!

c) Recommended: delete voice_yomeido001.arc in GameData
The files of the 2020 torrent contain one "patch" file that causes tatoos beeing shown in Korean language. I recommend deleting this, as it may cause more trouble then help. The naming is strange, when you look with arcedit into it, you see it contains textures. The name is voice_yomeido001.arc.

e) Optional:
delete unneccessary cbl (Chu-B Lip) files
This should be performed only if you like to clean up and know, what you are doing. It consists out of two steps:
  • Delete the files containing the pattern "_cbl_" in the GameData folder
  • Delete the entries containing _cbl_in the Update.lst text file in the Game root folder
f) Helpful Stuff
A really helpful site describing the gameplay in detail you can find here:

Last edited:

melonero

Mar 11, 2018
So I did everything the way it was described. I downloaded everything, installed the ISOs in the right order and patched them. But only an unreadable error message appears and the game does not start. Is there a step by step guide for the installation? :confused:
I've gone crazy with this too. you have to go to the language windows settings

"Control Panel> Region> Administrative Tab (note: Administrative Tab, not display language on windows)> Language for non-Unicode programs choose Japanese (Japan) and restart your computer."

Now I just have to figure out how to get him a translator and the uncensor. I'm seeing things from sybary and others that I don't understand very well xd.

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
If someone wants to play this and is new to this game, best bet is to
1) download the AIO summer edition (CM3D2&COM3D2):

The components can be downloaded separately.
2) download the Translation & uncensor here

install the toolbox
This will give you a playable, translated & almost complete cm3d2
3) Set your system locale to japanese (language, administrative settings,unicode)
4) go to game directory, execute "set_install_directory_cm3d2.bat" to let windows know where the game is
5) execute cm3d2.exe (launcher), choose the configuration symbol , 3rd line, here you set both check marks. save settings
6) play the game. you should play the game allways with the launcher
Is it okay to just open the .exe with japanese applocale? Or do I have to change the system locale? I did everything as you said but game will sadly not launch.
1605977377395.png

JhonLui

Jan 13, 2020
Is it okay to just open the .exe with japanese applocale? Or do I have to change the system locale? I did everything as you said but game will sadly not launch.
View attachment 909821
COM3D2 should work fine w/o locale
My version (I don't remember if it is the previous of the abovementioned) of cm3d2 works with Ntlea so to start it you have to run the CM3D2x64.cmd
a.jpg
... and wait

Apr 19, 2020
With the new COM3D2 Night Magic out, it's basically impossible to find a thread about actual COM3D2, so I'll ask here:

My dong disappeared. Help!

Like... in the game.

Seems like both games have the same sort of mod structure so I figured this problem could be solved the same way in either game. I installed DocodemoTalk from FutaMaid and ... dude's dong is gone. Tried to use a different dong mod and it just gives errors.

I removed the files from DocodemoTalk (which makes the game the same as when the dong was there) and nothing changed. Anyone know why he got neutered? And how to solve it?

Sere

May 15, 2017
So the game crashes thanks to the opengl32.dll file(64x). It doesn't even give a message.
Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem?

P.S I've downloaded the version on this site.

Last edited:

Jul 27, 2020
Does anyone know how to fix this? It's the log that open along with the game, the game would stay as a black screen while this log loads these errors in red text.

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes