Ren'Py Abandoned Cutely Suspicious [v0.12.033] [Ellaraia]

3.10 star(s) 21 Votes

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
I wouldn't worry to much about over explaining stuff, the audience can roll with a lot. She's sexy tho, seems like a shame she stays covered up. Although that changelog mentions her in the shower, so here's hoping for an eyeful.
Her story isn't deep or lengthy, and it's in service to the gameplay and how that progresses. It's more of a nice explanation to why she spanks everyone and why she doesn't want any fun in the house. And she doesn't have a shower, you do. I have images somewhere of her in the shower. They need re-lighting and I didn't bother because I don't want to tease people into thinking she's a love interest.

Reactions: ltpika

Oh my

Dec 25, 2019
I do think it needs to be said, though: for the industry and its demographics.
If:
Just like the mom/son niche is on average ~5% of any VN that features it.
And:
There is not a one VN that does this for the mom.
Then support from the mom demographic should reflect this.
Expecting anything else would be unjustifiable.

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
They need re-lighting and I didn't bother because I don't want to tease people into thinking she's a love interest.
I get that, good not to mislead. The girls should be the focus, especially if that's where you bread and butter is as a writer. She seems more like the kinda lady you want to enslave, not romance. :D

Reactions: Ellaraia

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
Then support from the mom demographic should reflect this.
Expecting anything else would be unjustifiable.
I mean, if he knows writing sister romance, that's fine. Tho it's not a mom game but that's a damn fine model. You might not get romance with her...but maybe some solutions to the conflict with her could be of a sexual nature (she'd make a good sex-pet for you and cute.) I think something could be done without creating false expectations, gotta resolve that plot thread some how. Cure My Addiction kinda lost me going femdom with the rival when it's so much more fun to reverse things and be an active protag.

Oh my

Dec 25, 2019
I mean, if he knows writing sister romance, that's fine.
etc...
I'm complimenting the dev for sticking to a niche.
And I'm venting that my niche is gasping for breathe.

The mom/son niche is marred by exactly two unconvincing body types.
Diffused by harems (sisters/aunt/cousin/friend's mom/random#1, 2, 3, 4).
And further diffused by overlapping fetishes.
Resulting in a much smaller fraction of the actual share and quality of materials than people think.

I actually mean it when I say "enjoy the sisters".
Some people don't like the train of other characters that would punt you away from the character you're interested in.
I just noticed that people were mentioning the absence of mom content, so although I sympathize with them somewhat, I posted some thoughts about the state of the industry.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
the game /vn was ok until i got to the point where that woman tried to spank me, if that was me i would broke her wrists. story is meh but not bad
But then you'd get kicked out and not get to have fun with the girls. You can use favours to avoid spankings but it's best to avoid needed to be spanked.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
i get its like a game over set up, but the concept of some woman spanking an adult male just makes me laugh. still not a bad game over all
I tried to think of more sensible punishments but the only real one is to have to pay money which just makes it grindy and annoying.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
I tried to think of more sensible punishments but the only real one is to have to pay money which just makes it grindy and annoying.
If the money wouldn't be so scarce, and the fine isn't that unreasonable, it would be more sensible than an adult man getting spanked by a stranger.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
If the money wouldn't be so scarce, and the fine isn't that unreasonable, it would be more sensible than an adult man getting spanked by a stranger.
The alternative is to have the suspicion bar control what you can do. For instance, if you're suspicion is over 30% then you can't help with the dishes or whatever. You'll be turned away because the girl assumes you're up to something and just want to fondle her boobs or whatever. The problem with this is that it could go horribly wrong and just make the game feel like you're playing with handcuffs on, and not kinky ones. If I could get it right then I think it'd make more sense and overall improve the game, but I think it'd be very easy to fuck it up, especially with new additions to the game requiring constant re-balancing.

3.10 star(s) 21 Votes