Ren'Py Abandoned Cutely Suspicious [v0.12.033] [Ellaraia]

3.10 star(s) 21 Votes

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
where are the Fun in this game it the same, but now with more talk
And the Landlady are still a Pain in The A... and The Girls are still hard too get alone with
Make this game Fun
Landlady is supposed to be a pain and if you don't like the girls then play something else.

Reactions: FenrisGray

topher

Apr 21, 2017
On around the house #8 I started out as "3 of 2" as soon as it revealed and red, and the spank events don't seem to change the number, will maybe play around with the save flags

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
On around the house #8 I started out as "3 of 2" as soon as it revealed and red, and the spank events don't seem to change the number, will maybe play around with the save flags
Yeah it's an odd issue. Fixed in 0.02.05 but it's not too much of as issue as it's the final stage of that storyline currently.

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Mhh ... no real introduction. The game throws you directly into the crappy freeroam.
The compliment mechanic is nice, but the rest ... there are girls I can talk to with some generic lines and the rest is point management and trigger hunt.

Got bored extremely fast, because there is no connection to the characters. They look cute - but without any real context I have no interest to "hunt" them. I can see naked women always - thats not why I play these games.

The game needs at least a proper introduction of the setting/scenario and the characters.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Mhh ... no real introduction. The game throws you directly into the crappy freeroam.
The compliment mechanic is nice, but the rest ... there are girls I can talk to with some generic lines and the rest is point management and trigger hunt.

Got bored extremely fast, because there is no connection to the characters. They look cute - but without any real context I have no interest to "hunt" them. I can see naked women always - thats not why I play these games.

The game needs at least a proper introduction of the setting/scenario and the characters.
It's only the second version and peeking on girls is an easy early add that helps spice the game up without requiring lots of story progression and time investment. You are thrown in because MC has already been here for a while; it's not a new situation that he's thrust into. Your introduction is speaking and interacting with the characters though this does need improving.

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
It's only the second version and peeking on girls is an easy early add that helps spice the game up without requiring lots of story progression and time investment. You are thrown in because MC has already been here for a while; it's not a new situation that he's thrust into. Your introduction is speaking and interacting with the characters though this does need improving.
Ok - but as a player this situation is new to me. I want to know who I am, why am I here, and who are these delicious cute girls. Most (sandbox/freeroam) games have some intro to get these points off the table.

I am in general no friend of freeroam/"sandbox", because 99% of these games are just linear (and some even kinetic) VNs and would work without the movement and trigger hunt. But they are then a lot shorter because all the tedious busywork is cut out. Good to see with some RPGM remakes, when all the running and searching is cut out. They still work the same ^^

And here it seems to be alot of "work" and that not what I search in these games - but I wish you look, and the girls are cute ^^ - Maybe in the future there will be another game as a VN with these cuties and a nice story, without all that grind and trigger hunting :)

Aug 7, 2018

This. Pretty much exactly this. The girls are cute. We know nothing besides that. Cool, so let's get to know them.

Except we won't really, because repeatedly exchanging a few lines of generic lifeless platitudes barely qualifying as dialogue gets boring by day 3. There's a main questline. Even trying to beeline through it left me bored before getting anywhere, because of repeating lines and too much dead time in-between good moments. (This might sound mean, but it's really not meant to be. It's the first impression the game left on me. Just take it as one data point)

The main girls are cute. Now show us how they're being charming, funny, witty, sad, conflicted... anything that makes them actual interesting characters. The thing is, I'm pretty sure those moments are in there. Somewhere. They were just buried under too much...grindy free-roam baggage.

Anyway, it's probably just too early in development for folks like me who dislike the sandbox/free-roam formula in itself. Will be checking it out again in a few months when there's more variety (or a scene gallery mod chaining together those actual story and character development bits :p )

Till then - Best of luck!

Last edited:

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
The main girls are cute. Now show us how they're being charming, funny, witty, sad, conflicted... anything that makes them actual interesting characters. The thing is, I'm pretty sure those moments are in there. Somewhere. They were just buried under too much...grindy free-roam baggage.
They aren't really. If anything, they seem to fall under the generic archetypes. I played through the whole content of the first release, it's been a while though, and when I started this update, I remembered how grindy and ultimately unsatisfying it was, so I said "hell no". I generally don't like grindfests, but I can get through to it if it's rewarding enough or interesting, sadly I can't say it was the case here.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
This. Pretty much exactly this. The girls are cute. We know nothing besides that. Cool, so let's get to know them.

Except we won't really, because repeatedly exchanging a few lines of generic lifeless platitudes barely qualifying as dialogue gets boring by day 3. There's a main questline. Even trying to beeline through it left me bored before getting anywhere, because of repeating lines and too much dead time in-between good moments. (This might sound mean, but it's really not meant to be. It's the first impression the game left on me. Just take it as one data point)

Anyway, it's probably just too early in development for folks like me who dislike the sandbox/free-roam formula in itself. Will be checking it out again in a few months when there's more variety (or a scene gallery mod chaining together those actual story and character development bits :p )

Till then - Best of luck!
I split dialgue up into chat and talk so if you don't want to see the repeated dialogue you don't have to. There is never quest-related dialogue in the chat interaction (blue) except for generic things like teasing or compliments should they be required to progress, it's all in talk (purple) which only appears when there's something to say.

I hope you enjoy when you return.

Edit: I hope this didn't sound pissy. I just woke up. I do appreciate the feedback, it helps me improve the game. So thanks.

Last edited:

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
They aren't really. If anything, they seem to fall under the generic archetypes. I played through the whole content of the first release, it's been a while though, and when I started this update, I remembered how grindy and ultimately unsatisfying it was, so I said "hell no". I generally don't like grindfests, but I can get through to it if it's rewarding enough or interesting, sadly I can't say it was the case here.
It's not grindy. You get plenty of money, even more so now, and none of the storylines require you to ever repeat anything. You are creating your own grind. If you want to hug the girls, hug them, if you want to chat to them, chat to them, if you want to peek on them in the bathroom, peek on them. If it's not mentioned in the storyline then the only gain you get from that is enjoying the images and interactions. I never make you do the same thing 5 times to progress. I give you a range of potential variations and you don't even have to do them all, only about 70%, so you don't get stuck and frustrated and the game doesn't feel like a stupid click puzzle with dumb logic. I'm glad I put the effort into doing so just to have it ignored because you assume you have to grind through. If you download games like this with the mindset of "Oh here we go, grind, grind, grind." then why are you even downloading them?

3.10 star(s) 21 Votes