Unity Cyber Rift [v0.2.6a] [Cyber Owl Games]

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

ZeRAWDOG

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2021
So small update, been working on a gallery system but there's been some issues. So instead decided to make it so the pinups you find will simply be items you find in the environment (we're planning on at least 3-4 for this version). Might make a place in the player room to store them eventually, but the idea is they'll pop up on the screen and you can just close them when you're done with em. Looks like this:

image (24).png

Then when you click (this image was from the old old version of Cyber Rift in RenPy so not gonna be included, just for testing)
image (25).png

Will adjust the positioning a bit for each one, but you get the idea!

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
Just gave this one a go.

Thumbs (y):
- Music. Quite atmospheric!
- Art is super cute
- Game seems light enough in PC resources
- Seems promising

Thumbs (n):
- Space doesn't advance dialogue (it just hides the interface. H key would be a better fit for that)
- Faye is a bitch. Hope we gonna dick her soon.
- The eye and the ! on the right side of the screen give out the same information. You could get rid of either0
- Left button anywhere outside the dialogue box (if you are at the main conversation screen) should close the interaction with the NPC. Like here:
1676030906260.png
- The inventory should be visible 100% of the time. It was by accident that I saw the screwdriver on the top of the screen (it was hidden)
- The tip system should be more clear
- Interactive stuff could have contours around it instead of just showing their names
1676031113771.png
- I see no point in having the player clean every single tidbit of his room. Why not group the dirt to make it faster?

- I was lost here until finally noticing a blanket showed up in my inventory. Please, make the inventory 100% visible!
1676049566290.png

- saves should show time, so we can know which one is the most advanced if at least 2 are from the same day
- welp, as I've cleaned my room beforehand, now I can't progress in the game. What now? Do I need to restart?
1676050048031.png

• Red Heart
Reactions: ZeRAWDOG

ZeRAWDOG

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2021
Just gave this one a go.

Thumbs (y):
- Music. Quite atmospheric!
- Art is super cute
- Game seems light enough in PC resources
- Seems promising

Thumbs (n):
- Space doesn't advance dialogue (it just hides the interface. H key would be a better fit for that)
- The eye and the ! on the right side of the screen give out the same information. You could get rid of either0
- Left button anywhere outside the dialogue box (if you are at the main conversation screen) should close the interaction with the NPC. Like here:
View attachment 2380167
- The inventory should be visible 100% of the time. It was by accident that I saw the screwdriver on the top of the screen (it was hidden)
- Interactive stuff could have contours around it instead of just showing their names
View attachment 2380179
- I see no point in having the player clean every single tidbit of his room. Why not group the dirt to make it faster?

- I was lost here until finally noticing a blanket showed up in my inventory. Please, make the inventory 100% visible!
View attachment 2381046

- saves should show time, so we can know which one is the most advanced if at least 2 are from the same day
- welp, as I've cleaned my room beforehand, now I can't progress in the game. What now? Do I need to restart?
View attachment 2381063

Thank you so much for the feedback! Let me go through a few of them, but let me just say we really appreciate you taking the times to deeply comb through it.

That's actually a good piece of feedback! I'll look into adding that tonight.

Yeah we're aiming for a more Tsundere type feel for her so glad to see she's giving off that vibe haha

Main reason for having both is the eye one is used for the most immediate bit of info for current objective, but the ! mark is for when people want a bit more info on what they need to do. Main reason for both was for addressing issues when it came to player direction, but I def see what you mean as it can feel a little unnecessary. If you have any ideas on how we could improve that just let us know :)

So currently we're actually using a tool that's separate from the main gameplay to show dialogue. It does create some issues which would prevent that from happening, but it is something that we can look into for the future.

So that's actually something we've got a few potential fixes for but mainly weighing options. Either we're going to have a button in the bottom right that players can press to be able to bring it up, or a button near the top of the screen to make it appear through toggle.

Noted

That's a good point, tbh we're actually going to be adding some animations for things like the doors eventually but right now that's a useful idea for future. We're aiming for a public version on the 22nd so that might have to wait till first update.

That was actually something I personally was worried about! I think I'm going to change it so the room is separated into chunks of items so that way it doesn't feel like you're forced to have to go through every dang item.

I can see that being an issue, I've been looking into making a little popup appear when you receive an item to help with visibility it just wasn't added yet!

On that I have some great news! If you check earlier in the thread the save system now includes a screenshot of when you save. It's still WIP but I do intend on adding a proper time for it soon.

You can actually progress without any issues, you just need to press on Fae's Lab door! That is def an issue on stated objective so I'll work on fixing that tonight.

Thanks again for playing through and glad you enjoyed it! We're actually currently making 3 NSFW scenes for the build, the arts coming along well but you might have to wait for public release on the 22nd. We also had some complaints with some aspects of the writing, and our new writer is currently combing through the build and cleaning it up. This build that you played was leaked a little early and it's literally named "1.9.2a Third BUGGY Version", but this feedback is incredibly useful so def happy to see everyone playing :D

Last edited:
Reactions: sexypeanut

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
Thank you so much for the feedback! Let me go through a few of them, but let me just say we really appreciate you taking the times to deeply comb through it.

That's actually a good piece of feedback! I'll look into adding that tonight.

Yeah we're aiming for a more Tsundere type feel for her so glad to see she's giving off that vibe haha

Main reason for having both is the eye one is used for the most immediate bit of info for current objective, but the ! mark is for when people want a bit more info on what they need to do. Main reason for both was for addressing issues when it came to player direction, but I def see what you mean as it can feel a little unnecessary. If you have any ideas on how we could improve that just let us know :)

So currently we're actually using a tool that's separate from the main gameplay to show dialogue. It does create some issues which would prevent that from happening, but it is something that we can look into for the future.

So that's actually something we've got a few potential fixes for but mainly weighing options. Either we're going to have a button in the bottom right that players can press to be able to bring it up, or a button near the top of the screen to make it appear through toggle.

Noted

That's a good point, tbh we're actually going to be adding some animations for things like the doors eventually but right now that's a useful idea for future. We're aiming for a public version on the 22nd so that might have to wait till first update.

That was actually something I personally was worried about! I think I'm going to change it so the room is separated into chunks of items so that way it doesn't feel like you're forced to have to go through every dang item.

I can see that being an issue, I've been looking into making a little popup appear when you receive an item to help with visibility it just wasn't added yet!

On that I have some great news! If you check earlier in the thread the save system now includes a screenshot of when you save. It's still WIP but I do intend on adding a proper time for it soon.

You can actually progress without any issues, you just need to press on Fae's Lab door! That is def an issue on stated objective so I'll work on fixing that tonight.

Thanks again for playing through and glad you enjoyed it! We're actually currently making 3 NSFW scenes for the build, the arts coming along well but you might have to wait for public release on the 22nd. We also had some complaints with some aspects of the writing, and our new writer is currently combing through the build and cleaning it up. This build that you played was leaked a little early and it's literally named "1.9.2a Third BUGGY Version", but this feedback is incredibly useful so def happy to see everyone playing :D
Always good to see devs attentive to feedback.
And I better ask this before playing the current build more: will saves be compatible between updates?

ZeRAWDOG

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2021
Always good to see devs attentive to feedback.
And I better ask this before playing the current build more: will saves be compatible between updates?
No worries! As far as I'm aware the saves should be compatible between versions, that's something that def needs a bit of testing but from just testing 1.9.2a to a dev build i just built and ran the saves transferred between (good sign I suppose?). I'd def need people to check that however. When the first update is released I'm planning on adding a "Play from Latest Content" style button which will grant all active stuff save wise so people can jump into latest content without having to play through all of it.

Also in terms of features I just did tonight:
-You can now use space bar to continue conversations (it no longer hides text printer)
-Cursor is now able to be used in conversations (let's you click the buttons on the bottom of text printer)
-Some tips have been adjusted to make their directions more clear
-I did test the click off conversation idea but it did create a lot of problems (so put on hold for now), we'll prob be getting a new UI made up in the future so it at least will feel better

ZeRAWDOG

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2021
Small update: We've added 4 collectible pinups throughout the game in the form of USB sticks that you can find. You'll just bring them to Junky on Jukarya and he'll give you a printout as an item. This'll be in the next build so keep an eye out for them :).

Also NSFW scene update: currently the Fae's doctor appointment scene is 9 different frames which will have some new dialogue as well. The other two are still in the works but they're coming along very nicely :D. Not sure if it'll be ready by this next version, but we're def powering through. Current goal is to release the build public by the 22nd.

ZeRAWDOG

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2021
Another small update: with the 4 USB pinups that you'll be able to find in the next version we were able to get one more added! This one is a bit of a collab with another game dev, but won't quite spoil what just yet and when this new version releases it'll include the USBs. We do ask that if you do find them make sure to spoiler the image so in case anyone wants to find them themselves! We'll keep you guys posted on when the next version comes out, no specific ETA but most likely next 2-3 days. We're still aiming for the public version on the 22nd as well :D

Crisis88

Jan 7, 2022
Maybe someone can assist. When attempting to sleep on couch, all i get is a solid black box for the text line. Not sure if error in my Unity or the game files. Any assistance would be appreciated.

ZeRAWDOG

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2021
Maybe someone can assist. When attempting to sleep on couch, all i get is a solid black box for the text line. Not sure if error in my Unity or the game files. Any assistance would be appreciated.
You gotta use the blanket item in your inventory on it :)

ZeRAWDOG

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2021
Since we've had a few people mention they didn't find it clear that you received an item we've been working on adding a little prompt when new items are received through dialogue. Here's what we've come up with:

weird_rock.png

ZeRAWDOG

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2021
itch_banner.png
Cyber Rift v0.1.9.4b (Fourth Buggy Version)

(Public version will be available on February 22nd!)

Edit: Patron noticed a softlock so we've updated the build to fix that!

We've been plugging away at feedback and been have extremely appreciative for what everyone's been saying with the builds! This time around the feedback was much more specific, and it allowed us to really improve a variety of different aspects throughout the game. Dialogue has been getting steadily improved and we've almost finished every major interaction throughout the game. Here's our current progress:

Bugs Fixed:
-Fixed numerous issues throughout with progression
-Fixed issue which caused objective system to appear when going back to title
-Fixed issue with cursor not appearing during Character Dialogue
-Fixed issue with some menus not closing properly (if any pop up at wrong times let us know!)
-Spacebar can now be used to progress dialogue in conversations
-Some tips have been adjusted for readability
-Issue with resolution scaling has been fixed

Features added this build:
-A new visual save/load system has been added (needs feedback!)
-Better cursor integration with scenes
-Dialogue for one of the NSFW scenes (art and other dialogue will be added with the public build next week)
-New DD-9 wake up animation has been added
-5 collectible pinups have been spread throughout the build (see if you can find them all!)

Our current focus:
-Removal of placeholder dialogue and fixing existing scenes
-Finish new maps for all three floors on the ship
-3 NSFW scenes (very close to finish and will be added in the next build with brand new dialogue!)
-Fixing every character face in every scene (faces are integrated just a matter of fixing script)
-Fully reworked dialogue (a lot of this was fixed in this version, will be even more in next one!)
-Adding a lot more character dialogue throughout
-Basic UI shop through phone (in the game but needs work)
-More dialogue across the various interactions
-Gallery accessible through player's room
-Cyberia Teaser

Last edited:

ZeRAWDOG

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2021
Just a few small fixes with the latest bit of feedback (fixed from v0.1.9.4b, these fixes will be included in public):
-Discovered there was an issue with inventory staying on screen even in new games. That was fully fixed, but if anyone made that mistake definitely create a new save! (when the new public version is out)
-Fixed an issue with opening pinups where if you clicked another pinup print it would cause the same pinup to appear again. We've also added a close button to make sure it closes correctly
-Fixed an issue where you could still click in scene objects causing pinups to stay on screen constantly

We also wanted to mention that because stuff is still being moved around dramatically any save made now might have some consistency issues in the future. Once the build is fully stable that won't be a problem, but we wanted to mention in case some people have saves made before the build is stable.

Last edited:

ZeRAWDOG

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2021
Just updated all our pages, figured I'd update here too!

Cyber Rift is a cyberpunk-themed erotic point-and-click adventure, featuring lots of characters for you to romance and a fully-developed story. Sail the stars in your trusty old ship and meet beautiful girls along the way, all while uncovering a great secret that may threaten the very fabric of the galaxy...
You can purchase the latest alpha version below, or wait until our first major public release on February 22nd, 2023! If you want the most current information and up to date information on our game, check out the progress updates down below!

Current Version: Chapter 1 Part 1 Demo (Currently available in alpha on our Patreon/Subscribestar.)

roadmap (1).jpg

So what is Cyber Rift?
Cyber Rift is a cross between a story-driven erotic visual novel and a point-and-click 2D adventure game (in development).

After a job gone wrong, you and your longtime friend, Fae, are on the run from your former employer, a criminal organization called the Syndicate. Their reach is enormous and motives are unknown, but being on their bad side means that you have nearly no place to go. Wanting to find a way back--or at least pay back your debt--your crew is just trying to find a way to make some money. Little do you know, you're about to stumble upon a conspiracy that could change the fate of humanity forever. On your journey across the galaxy in search of the truth, you may meet some beautiful and interesting characters along the way. From the science-inclined crewmate Fae to the joyful Everie and her mysterious connection to Project Prometheus, your crew will grow and be by your side as you journey across the stars.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Meet the Crew
fae_bio.png

player_bio.png

evere_bio.png

Upcoming Characters:

elsie_bio.png

Planned Content

The game will consist of 7 Chapters, with 4 Parts per chapter. Each major update to the game will encompass one Part, though some Parts might require more than one update. Cyber Rift is fully planned content-wise, and we have a firm map of where the future of the game will go. If, however, Patrons/Fans want to see new content or unique experiences that we didn’t initially plan on, we will be making the effort to have separate fan service updates devoted to just that.

debris.jpg

Features
  • Both a Visual Novel and a Point-and-Click adventure
  • Tons of unique CG environments and character sprites
  • Hidden collectibles containing spicy pinups for the keen-eyed collectors
  • NSFW CG cutscenes that will be unlocked as the journey progresses
  • A kickin' soundtrack, with influences drawn from smooth jazz and R&B
  • Dozens of new backgrounds
...and much more to come!

_VvJui.png

About the Dev Team

ZeRAW is the head honcho in charge of it all. From creative directing to programming, he's got his fingers in most of the pie. Cyber Rift is his brain child, born from a wish to see more fleshed-out erotic games with better-developed stories. In his off time, he likes to play TFT and play with his dogs.

Pluzer is the lead artist for Cyber Rift. Master of a multitude of styles, there's nothing that Pluzer can't draw! He's been part of Cyber Rift from the very beginning, working with ZeRAW to conceptualize and bring to life the world and characters of Cyber Rift.

Baki is in charge of the story and all things writing. They're a more recent addition to the team, but have been helping ZeRAW work out the story since very early on. From manga to webcomics to visual novels, Baki has written for many a creative project and brings to the table a rare expertise. When they're not working on the game, they like to gush about fountain pens and research esoteric topics.

CyberScherzo is the head composer. From smooth jazz to classical to modern EDM, they can do it all! Their excellent music brings atmosphere and tension to the game, making Cyber Rift the experience that it deserves to be. Every game needs a killer soundtrack to go with it, and ours comes at the hands of CyberScherzo.

Previous Contributors

Hawkner
is a cool dude who helped out with a lot of the programming in the earlier stages of the game. You can thank him for a lot of the animations, particularly around the space scenes. Unfortunately, sometimes life takes a front seat. We miss you, Hawkner, and appreciate everything you've done for Cyber Rift!

Pre-composicao-1.gif

Patreon and SubscribeStar Features:
People who subscribe to our Patreon will also have access to a variety of lewd pinups, which we'll be posting every month. We also have in-depth art updates talking about the design process behind levels and characters, and news updates for everything related to Cyber Rift.

rewyb

Sep 22, 2017
So, I'm at the point where I'm supposed to buy the gift for everie. Which I did, but the quest doesn't seem to update? Still tells me to buy a gift, using the phone. Trying to interact with the door to everies room just gives me the "No" message and I can't seem to find anything else I can somehow progress further? (playing v0.1.9.2a)

ZeRAWDOG

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2021
So, I'm at the point where I'm supposed to buy the gift for everie. Which I did, but the quest doesn't seem to update? Still tells me to buy a gift, using the phone. Trying to interact with the door to everies room just gives me the "No" message and I can't seem to find anything else I can somehow progress further? (playing v0.1.9.2a)
Hey that's actually a few builds behind and we'll be uploading v1.9.5 public tonight! That build had progression stop until that point so that's why you're facing that issue.

Hawkner

Feb 15, 2023
Just updated all our pages, figured I'd update here too!

Cyber Rift is a cyberpunk-themed erotic point-and-click adventure, featuring lots of characters for you to romance and a fully-developed story. Sail the stars in your trusty old ship and meet beautiful girls along the way, all while uncovering a great secret that may threaten the very fabric of the galaxy...
You can purchase the latest alpha version below, or wait until our first major public release on February 22nd, 2023! If you want the most current information and up to date information on our game, check out the progress updates down below!

Current Version: Chapter 1 Part 1 Demo (Currently available in alpha on our Patreon/Subscribestar.)

View attachment 2405712

So what is Cyber Rift?
Cyber Rift is a cross between a story-driven erotic visual novel and a point-and-click 2D adventure game (in development).

After a job gone wrong, you and your longtime friend, Fae, are on the run from your former employer, a criminal organization called the Syndicate. Their reach is enormous and motives are unknown, but being on their bad side means that you have nearly no place to go. Wanting to find a way back--or at least pay back your debt--your crew is just trying to find a way to make some money. Little do you know, you're about to stumble upon a conspiracy that could change the fate of humanity forever. On your journey across the galaxy in search of the truth, you may meet some beautiful and interesting characters along the way. From the science-inclined crewmate Fae to the joyful Everie and her mysterious connection to Project Prometheus, your crew will grow and be by your side as you journey across the stars.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Meet the Crew
View attachment 2405716

View attachment 2405719

View attachment 2405720

Upcoming Characters:

View attachment 2405723

Planned Content

The game will consist of 7 Chapters, with 4 Parts per chapter. Each major update to the game will encompass one Part, though some Parts might require more than one update. Cyber Rift is fully planned content-wise, and we have a firm map of where the future of the game will go. If, however, Patrons/Fans want to see new content or unique experiences that we didn’t initially plan on, we will be making the effort to have separate fan service updates devoted to just that.

View attachment 2405724

Features
  • Both a Visual Novel and a Point-and-Click adventure
  • Tons of unique CG environments and character sprites
  • Hidden collectibles containing spicy pinups for the keen-eyed collectors
  • NSFW CG cutscenes that will be unlocked as the journey progresses
  • A kickin' soundtrack, with influences drawn from smooth jazz and R&B
  • Dozens of new backgrounds
...and much more to come!

View attachment 2405727

About the Dev Team

ZeRAW is the head honcho in charge of it all. From creative directing to programming, he's got his fingers in most of the pie. Cyber Rift is his brain child, born from a wish to see more fleshed-out erotic games with better-developed stories. In his off time, he likes to play TFT and play with his dogs.

Pluzer is the lead artist for Cyber Rift. Master of a multitude of styles, there's nothing that Pluzer can't draw! He's been part of Cyber Rift from the very beginning, working with ZeRAW to conceptualize and bring to life the world and characters of Cyber Rift.

Baki is in charge of the story and all things writing. They're a more recent addition to the team, but have been helping ZeRAW work out the story since very early on. From manga to webcomics to visual novels, Baki has written for many a creative project and brings to the table a rare expertise. When they're not working on the game, they like to gush about fountain pens and research esoteric topics.

CyberScherzo is the head composer. From smooth jazz to classical to modern EDM, they can do it all! Their excellent music brings atmosphere and tension to the game, making Cyber Rift the experience that it deserves to be. Every game needs a killer soundtrack to go with it, and ours comes at the hands of CyberScherzo.

Previous Contributors

Hawkner
is a cool dude who helped out with a lot of the programming in the earlier stages of the game. You can thank him for a lot of the animations, particularly around the space scenes. Unfortunately, sometimes life takes a front seat. We miss you, Hawkner, and appreciate everything you've done for Cyber Rift!

View attachment 2405728

Patreon and SubscribeStar Features:
People who subscribe to our Patreon will also have access to a variety of lewd pinups, which we'll be posting every month. We also have in-depth art updates talking about the design process behind levels and characters, and news updates for everything related to Cyber Rift.

look gary there i am

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ZeRAWDOG
4.30 star(s) 4 Votes