Unity Cyber Rift [v0.2.8b] [Cyber Owl Games]

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes

ZeRAWDOG

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2021
It's been a while since I played something this interesting.

The art is good, the characters have good characterization, and the story is interesting but I guess we are just at the start so we will see.

The quest tracker is well-designed and useful, and the minigames are a nice feature, the only downside being that the "space invaders like" feels a bit clunky when you try to change direction or rotate, maybe an option could be to move with WASD and rotate with the mouse or the arrows but I don't know if it's worth the trouble.
As someone else said the text is a bit slow but it's not a big problem since the story is well-written.

Overall, even if it's a WIP I rate it 9/10, but I don't doubt it could become a 10/10 game.
Thank you for the kind comment! To be completely honest the asteroid minigame was a bit of a first-try at a proper minigame, so that type of feedback is actually helpful for sure. I wanted to see how people reacted to it and decide whether or not to expand the functionality, but so far people seem to like it so I might expand it in the future (things like added upgrades to the ship, different locations etc...).

ZeRAWDOG

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2021
When I saw that sliding puzzle I lost interest in a second. Those things fucking suck.
TBH I wasn't sure how people would react to it but I was considering adding an auto-resolve button to fix it and maybe that might be the right move.

Zbork

Feb 4, 2018
Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but does it explain anywhere how to play the Junky minigame? I can shoot with mouse clicks, but no amount of keyboard mashing, clicking, dragging etc. lets me move or rotate. You've mentioned making the controls easier and the handling better... but have you mentioned what those controls are?

ZeRAWDOG

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2021
Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but does it explain anywhere how to play the Junky minigame? I can shoot with mouse clicks, but no amount of keyboard mashing, clicking, dragging etc. lets me move or rotate. You've mentioned making the controls easier and the handling better... but have you mentioned what those controls are?
Hate to say it but you're completely right lmao. I'll have to work on having some form of prompt mentioning the controls, but the controls are the standard "WASD" for movement and "Spacebar or Left Click" to shoot.

Reactions: ArhraCole
4.40 star(s) 5 Votes