Maelion

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2017
Ran into a glitch where I get softlocked on entering the Dominated Gym (after Ralph wins) for the first time. Dialogue box just disappears. Wondering if there was a fix for this or if should just give up and reload a much earlier save.
Send me your save file please.

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
I just gave up, hoping for a bugfix release or something idk. Is it not a bug for everyone and dependent on save file? If thats the case I might request someone upload their working save file then...
I had bugs from the version I downloaded here, I had 0 bugs from the COMPRESSED version I downloaded here and the Patreon version I downloaded directly from the Patreon links.

Reactions: Watters and Brobat

Brobat

Aug 31, 2019
I had bugs from the version I downloaded here, I had 0 bugs from the COMPRESSED version I downloaded here and the Patreon version I downloaded directly from the Patreon links.
This worked, I downloaded the 4.0 patch from patreon and patched over my game and it corrected the bug. The version posted here is incomplete it seems.

Maelion

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2017
It's very kind for F95 to share links of my game and promote it but always think to give a try to mine. I try to update all bugs with patch and the links are always free for patch releases on patreon public page.

Reactions: wildride69

Brobat

Aug 31, 2019
Oh yeah I wanted to report what I believe to be a bug.

After reaching the unlock requirements for a trait it becomes available in the Phantasm menu. However, regardless of whether I activate it in the menu or not, the trait appears to cause the extra lines of text to appear. I was under the impression that the added lines would only be added if I activated the trait. If you intended the lines to always appear as soon as the trait is unlocked regardless if the player activates it then the trait menu doesn't make much sense to me. Either way there is a "bug" here that the dialogue should either not be appearing until active or the trait menu should not list all the traits as able to be 'activated'.

loshad

Jun 25, 2020
I've tried to get back into this game over the last couple of updates, and unfortunately I'm finding it more and more difficult to do so.

A quick run down of the aspects that are driving me away:
  • Loss of focus: More and more convoluted but superficial set-pieces are getting piled on poor Aline, yet the "battle the monsters" system and plot has been stuck with the same one basic enemy since the initial release. Instead of progressing up the ranks, fighting (and losing) to various monsters, Aline's Slayer career is quickly becoming an afterthought.

• User unfriendliness: The game is a chore to play. It's a point-and-click explorer/VN shoved into the RPGM engine that was not at all designed for this gameplay, and it shows in a myriad of ways. Now, the developer absolutely deserves credit for listening to feedback and implementing fast travel options, and other minor user friendly features - but at the same time he can't help but repeatedly undermine that in the way he approaches environmental design and pacing. If a click or a slooow, unskippable screen transition can be put in - it will be.

• Writing: I appreciate that English is not the author's first language - I get it, it's not mine either. But when Aline can't seem to order a coffee without shouting about someone BANGING her 18-YEAR OLD ASS HARD - it gets a bit much. And once you've met one "bad ugly guy" - you've met them all.

• The "corruption" system: I've written plenty about this before - but to keep it short, I'll just say that when Aline's personality flips 180 degrees on a dime (and on demand), it's difficult to care about "corrupting" her.

Note: All that being said, there are very strong elements and sections in this game - the integration of skill unlocks and gameplay, the boss monster hunt systems (most of them), some aspects of Charlotte's fall at the station, etc.

But these highlights are increasingly smothered by all these other elements, and - as stated above - I'm finding it more and more difficult to wade through the frustrating bits to engage with the appealing aspects.

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
I've tried to get back into this game over the last couple of updates, and unfortunately I'm finding it more and more difficult to do so.

• Loss of focus: More and more convoluted but superficial set-pieces are getting piled on poor Aline, yet the "battle the monsters" system and plot has been stuck with the same one basic enemy since the initial release. Instead of progressing up the ranks, fighting (and losing) to various monsters, Aline's Slayer career is quickly becoming an afterthought.

• User unfriendliness: The game is a chore to play. It's a point-and-click explorer/VN shoved into the RPGM engine that was not at all designed for this gameplay, and it shows in a myriad of ways. Now, the developer absolutely deserves credit for listening to feedback and implementing fast travel options, and other minor user friendly features - but at the same time he can't help but repeatedly undermine that in the way he approaches environmental design and pacing. If a click or a slooow, unskippable screen transition can be put in - it will be.

• Writing: I appreciate that English is not the author's first language - I get it, it's not mine either. But when Aline can't seem to order a coffee without shouting about someone BANGING her 18-YEAR OLD ASS HARD - it gets a bit much. And once you've met one "bad ugly guy" - you've met them all.

• The "corruption" system: I've written plenty about this before - but to keep it short, I'll just say that when Aline's personality flips 180 degrees on a dime (and on demand), it's difficult to care about "corrupting" her.

Note: All that being said, there are very strong elements and sections in this game - the integration of skill unlocks and gameplay, the boss monster hunt systems (most of them), some aspects of Charlotte's fall at the station, etc.

But these highlights are increasingly smothered by all these other elements, and - as stated above - I'm finding it more and more difficult to wade through the frustrating bits to engage with the appealing aspects.
To each their own I absolutely love this game and think the direction their taking it is amazing. I tried the full Corrupt route and the Virgin saint route and both have been tremendously fun imo. I like it so much I signed up for the Patreon and I can't wait for the next update.

Maelion

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2017

Feedback taken into consideration. I'm a bit sad if you don't come back easily to the game, it means I've failed somewhere. I'm working to add variety on "bad ugly guys" and try to be better at writing. The game is becoming ambitious so it's hard to please everyone.

GodlessXVIII

Jun 25, 2018

+1 Loss of focus. The game seems to be opening up so wide (more and more NPC quests, Red Light, Freaks, etc.) as to be impossible to update. And no sign of new enemies to fight on the horizon.

+1 User unfriendliness. A lot of in-game text is introducing certain actions (showering, training at the gym, masturbating to x) as if Aline was doing it for the first time. Once you start repeating certain actions, you end up clicking through a lot of useless descriptions, of Aline innocently discovering things etc. I'd say about a third of all in-game text is useless repetition of introductory material like that.

Reactions: flaweddd

Maelion

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2017
+1 Loss of focus. The game seems to be opening up so wide (more and more NPC quests, Red Light, Freaks, etc.) as to be impossible to update. And no sign of new enemies to fight on the horizon.

+1 User unfriendliness. A lot of in-game text is introducing certain actions (showering, training at the gym, masturbating to x) as if Aline was doing it for the first time. Once you start repeating certain actions, you end up clicking through a lot of useless descriptions, of Aline innocently discovering things etc. I'd say about a third of all in-game text is useless repetition of introductory material like that.
In the long run, I think you won't lose focus. I had to work on side things in the game and I extended a bit more than expected. I prefer adding things and details, long scenes, because I like them instead of rushing things and putting 2,3 pictures and that's it (at this moment, I don't want to add more things than planned). The downside is that if you follow the updates, it can take a long time between main story chapters. This feeling, I hope, should be no longer when playing the final version as the side things will always be an option. You will be able to focus on the main story if you want to do so.

Moreover, I inform you it is planned on the road map to have new enemies and new super mutant in the next 0.4.1.
This is what I wrote on my patreon about the roadmap:

New "Dungeon" with Kassiah and Aline, new monster fights and new supermutant introduction
If you are tired of doing the same monsters on Marak's side, I inform you that I want to take the two Slayers to another place in the Gamma sector. There will be new monsters (if all goes well on the bestiary side, I have to check that the ones I'm thinking of are compatible for animations) and the introduction of another supermutant.
This will be an important new phase linking the supermutants together, the CORE and the ambitions of Bolton and Lucius.
So the story will progress in the next update. Bonds with Kassiah will grow as the two heroines will interact more.

For unfriendliness, I do my best on the QOL part and I still believe it's a thing that can be polished/fixed once I have a better view of everything. For repeated material and scenes, most of the time there's another story behind, new dialogs so I don't want to cut this or skip it. That's another story for routines where I will have to think a lot on more friendly approaches.
I understand your feelings but please, Do not judge the development of the game too quickly and let it mature.

MooseMager

Dec 11, 2017
frenly reminder that this game is S-tier awesomeness. I personally find the mechanics/perks/flow to be stellar. Maelion is a genius. One of the few games that I will regularly check on for updates.

/endsimping

Reactions: wildride69

Buffman666

Feb 21, 2021
I like the fact you did a huge 'side quest' (kinda) as your most recent update and didn't just focus on the Marak/Main Cyberslayer Story (I am biased because I love fighting/wrestling sex but whatever).

But a lot of times you get games out there who rush the side quests which turn out to be 5-6 photos or even worse completely rushed/unfinished.

You actually took the time to completely develop a side quest which in is around 1-2 hours to get quite far into it (fighting in the ring etc.) and (hopefully) still has some kinda "redemption" where you can fight and win your dignity back one last time (in the new outfits) or choose to lose for good (and then can close this quest I dunno).

This game is going to be huge and like you said you've done the gym route now main focus is back to the main story and developing this. I like the Cyberslayer stuff with Kassiah and Aline and can see where this is going, but I also like things such as the Kassiah side quests.

I even see some comments on other games I'm following where people moan "you're trying to do everything all at once" and in my opinion this doesn't work because you'd end up with maybe 1x more Raph Scene, no Red District info, 1x more Maraak scene and it would just be too little across everything, in my opinion I would rather 1-2 storylines with lots of expansion than trying to expand 7x quests with maybe 10mins on each.

Again, I am biased because I love games like Officer Chloe and Manila Shaw where you play a Policewoman who gets corrupted etc. so I like the police quests and can't wait for the red light district/fight club/maybe more bloody rats. I think people need to appreciate the work and effort you're putting into all of this.

Like lets break it down some of the paths at the moment...

- Cyberslayers main story (Maraak etc.)
- Police main story (Bloody Rats)
- Police Raph/Gym (hopefully not finished for my sanity)
- Ben (I loved his first scene with the dream sequence that outfit is so hot)
- Todd
- Jack
- Alan
- Fred
- Trog (Aline & Kassiah)
- Lucius
- Bolton
- Charlotte
- Kassiah Hunter
- Kassiah Quests
- Modeling/Photoshoot
- Back Alley
- Restaurant/Pub
- Sauna/Massage
- Gym/Fight Club (could bring other slayers to this)

Possible:
- Rogue
- Tammy

There's so much content there to develop and grow, you're doing an amazing job at it all.

Keep it up, it's a masterpiece.

EDIT - The only, only thing I find a bit more 'grindy' about this game is how many times you need to go on the train and stop the pickpocket to advance Charlotte's Bond, Ii counted needing to do this at least 10x+ (I'm not sure how many I stopped counting) and because I like to start from new each time and have tried all routes this part is the only part I don't understand/if there is a quicker way to trigger Charlotte asking you to spar in the gym...

Like does it matter if I 'skip' scenes or do the Kataka exercies? Does it matter if I use the Orb? It just seems this part is always the part where I am like just clicking through it at 100mph, finding the thief on the train etc. etc. and it means like 15 days before you advance. I don't mind it if it was like 10 or so (and I understand it is a great way to build exp) but not knowing how many times it is like a relief when she finally asks to spar lol

Last edited:

Maelion

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2017
I like the fact you did a huge 'side quest' (kinda) as your most recent update and didn't just focus on the Marak/Main Cyberslayer Story (I am biased because I love fighting/wrestling sex but whatever).

But a lot of times you get games out there who rush the side quests which turn out to be 5-6 photos or even worse completely rushed/unfinished.

You actually took the time to completely develop a side quest which in is around 1-2 hours to get quite far into it (fighting in the ring etc.) and (hopefully) still has some kinda "redemption" where you can fight and win your dignity back one last time (in the new outfits) or choose to lose for good (and then can close this quest I dunno).

This game is going to be huge and like you said you've done the gym route now main focus is back to the main story and developing this. I like the Cyberslayer stuff with Kassiah and Aline and can see where this is going, but I also like things such as the Kassiah side quests.

I even see some comments on other games I'm following where people moan "you're trying to do everything all at once" and in my opinion this doesn't work because you'd end up with maybe 1x more Raph Scene, no Red District info, 1x more Maraak scene and it would just be too little across everything, in my opinion I would rather 1-2 storylines with lots of expansion than trying to expand 7x quests with maybe 10mins on each.

Again, I am biased because I love games like Officer Chloe and Manila Shaw where you play a Policewoman who gets corrupted etc. so I like the police quests and can't wait for the red light district/fight club/maybe more bloody rats. I think people need to appreciate the work and effort you're putting into all of this.

Like lets break it down some of the paths at the moment...

- Cyberslayers main story (Maraak etc.)
- Police main story (Bloody Rats)
- Police Raph/Gym (hopefully not finished for my sanity)
- Ben (I loved his first scene with the dream sequence that outfit is so hot)
- Todd
- Jack
- Alan
- Fred
- Trog (Aline & Kassiah)
- Lucius
- Bolton
- Charlotte
- Kassiah Hunter
- Kassiah Quests
- Modeling/Photoshoot
- Back Alley
- Restaurant/Pub
- Sauna/Massage
- Gym/Fight Club (could bring other slayers to this)

Possible:
- Rogue
- Tammy

There's so much content there to develop and grow, you're doing an amazing job at it all.

Keep it up, it's a masterpiece.

EDIT - The only, only thing I find a bit more 'grindy' about this game is how many times you need to go on the train and stop the pickpocket to advance Charlotte's Bond, Ii counted needing to do this at least 10x+ (I'm not sure how many I stopped counting) and because I like to start from new each time and have tried all routes this part is the only part I don't understand/if there is a quicker way to trigger Charlotte asking you to spar in the gym...

Like does it matter if I 'skip' scenes or do the Kataka exercies? Does it matter if I use the Orb? It just seems this part is always the part where I am like just clicking through it at 100mph, finding the thief on the train etc. etc. and it means like 15 days before you advance. I don't mind it if it was like 10 or so (and I understand it is a great way to build exp) but not knowing how many times it is like a relief when she finally asks to spar lol
Thank you for the feedback and great job on the summary of my to-do list. I thought about doing it for a long time and you did a great job of doing it for me instead, congrats !

Joke aside, there's a lot of content and I'm aware of this. I can understand people being skeptical about updating everything. I'm sure I will...in time.

You have highlighted a very important point : doing everything at once.

It doesn't work for me. It's simple, I learned that with Chronicles of Leridia and now with Cyberslayers.
It's more interesting for me to make a long narrative with an update instead of adding a bit of things there and there...because I think players like immersive story telling and gameplay and they don't like content to be cut too often.

So I decide to take a big part and work on it just like right now with the Noodle Guy part and the Rising Studio. It allows to go deep in details and be focus on every aspect. It has more impact in my opinion.

The downside of this is that I'm so hyped sometimes by what I create that I want to add more...that's where the red district is born (not planned at first) and Trog is born (not planned at the very beginning). That's where the story in the Police station can go when playing dirty with Raph. This npc was just supposed to be a sidekick at first.

To be honest, even the whole cop side content wasn't planned to be that deep. Now look at it in 0.4, I think a lot of players like it because they feel engaged with the characters. If couldn't have been possible by following a roadmap adding 10mn there and there.
It's not perfect but it's the way I design my games. I know I'm adding a lot of things...Every character/place I add is a promise to make content but also a huge task on my to-do list.

Still, the Police Station has now a lore, Cybercorp has a lore...Red District is promising. I'm making this game because I feel people being excited about all this and I'm excited doing it. I just have to take care now not to go too far and not fulfill my roadmap...that's why I decided to cut some content and stop generating npcs/places. I have enough to play with.

The Core of the game : cyberslaying will be back...I'm pretty sure it will be a nice part and feel natural in the final version of the game. I don't want to rush it, I planned summer to do it.

For Charlotte, you're not supposed to do the metro task more than three times. There's a bug with a variable and bonds are patched for 0.4.1. I never intended players to do it 10x times, it's not fun at all. So don't worry, it's a bug, not a feature haha.

Overall, yes, the game project is very demanding but I prefer adding things because I'm excited to do it that way instead of strictly following my roadmap with 2/3 pictures...because that would be sad, because that wouldn't be my game.

4.60 star(s) 73 Votes