5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
I guess it's time to tell Dandon to reconsider hosting her art somewhere other than DeviantArt, maybe Pixiv or consider hosting it exclusively on Patreon

From what I heard, DeviantArt has a new program called DreamUp, which is AI-based art generator, much like Midjourney or Stable Diffusion...

I think people also mentioned that whatever art that goes into DeviantArt will be a part of their AI program

Just a general head's up. I'll seek more info about this in the meantime

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
and there is no guarantees that they will not do this without permission
The thing is, with the individual arts that got posted in DA, before that statement you mentioned (all artworks are therefore not used for AI datasets), who knows how many of her artworks are already put inside their AI generator... I think, if I remember correctly, all deviations after the DreamUp debacle started are automatically opted-in with the option for opting out, but artists there have to mark their deviations one by one not to be used in AI datasets or delete the whole archive, which means deleting hundreds, if not, thousands of public artworks that have been published since their first time logging in to DA.

All I can say is, people like fl1cs (who has now labeled their "artwork" as "Dandonfuga edits") are bound to be more rampant than ever, now that their AI generator is up and running, with all the backlash it brings forth

she still has 2 twitter accounts and facebook, but she doesn't host the entire batches publicly anyway, so i don't think it's a problem to quit one
Just in case both Twitter and Facebook decided to boogaloo (more strict censorship or worse), there's always Pixiv which uses AI to combat AI art and has its own curated pages for AI-generated artwork and I think Pixiv also has an tick box whether your art is AI generated or not

Jthebloody

Sep 24, 2020
Meanwhile Dandon is hosting a poll about future characters to draw.

So far we got a close fight for the first position: Zatanna is leading with 494 votes and Lucy from Cyberpunk Edgerunners is trailing with 483 preferences.

Queen Marika from Elden Ring is comfortably third with 411 votes, while the other three are quite behind: Esdeath from Akame Ga kill has 272 votes, Rachel from Dead Or Alive 263 and Raiden is last with 238.

Honestly Raiden has better chances to be featured than Viper, seeing that Dandon is a genshin player.

Last edited:
Reactions: omglolguy32

ShounenPower

Oct 11, 2020
Interesting,
It seems Dandon's fanbase is more of a western comic book type. Personally, I would love to see Esdeath or Rachel because they are less popular.
However, I am genuinely curious how Lucy or Raiden would turn out. The way Dandon draws anime characters was always appealing to me in same way old school Sakimichan was drawing.

Jthebloody

Sep 24, 2020
Interesting,
It seems Dandon's fanbase is more of a western comic book type. Personally, I would love to see Esdeath or Rachel because they are less popular.
However, I am genuinely curious how Lucy or Raiden would turn out. The way Dandon draws anime characters was always appealing to me in same way old school Sakimichan was drawing.
I don't know about the western type: anime characters are always well received and there are a lot of suggestions to draw more of them... or girls from japanese games like Persona (goddamnit Dandon draw some P5 girls already).
Comic book characters are more... "universal", I would say: even someone like me that basically knows only the big marvel-dc superheroes has an idea about who Zatanna is (and the sexy magician type has a certain charm).
Lucy is from an anime and she's doing pretty well, but Cyberpunk Edgerunners is quite new, while Akame Ga Kill got popular in 2014 (god I'm getting old), so it's quite normal that even though Esdeath is quite sexy she's not as in demand as Lucy (and let's add the fact that she's basically a genocidal yandere).

ASHJOKER

Mar 7, 2021
I don't know about the western type: anime characters are always well received and there are a lot of suggestions to draw more of them... or girls from japanese games like Persona (goddamnit Dandon draw some P5 girls already).
Comic book characters are more... "universal", I would say: even someone like me that basically knows only the big marvel-dc superheroes has an idea about who Zatanna is (and the sexy magician type has a certain charm).
Lucy is from an anime and she's doing pretty well, but Cyberpunk Edgerunners is quite new, while Akame Ga Kill got popular in 2014 (god I'm getting old), so it's quite normal that even though Esdeath is quite sexy she's not as in demand as Lucy (and let's add the fact that she's basically a genocidal yandere).
Speaking of Japanese games I would like her to do Persona, some more Fate girls (Lancer Artoria, Raikou or Tomoe) and still hoping she get around to Honoka from Dead or Alive and Shermie from KOF.

ShounenPower

Oct 11, 2020
Speaking of Japanese games I would like her to do Persona, some more Fate girls (Lancer Artoria, Raikou or Tomoe) and still hoping she get around to Honoka from Dead or Alive and Shermie from KOF.
Yes please, Fate characters would be so cool. And thematically would fit Dandon's artstyle quite well.

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
I can't wait for the Mato Seihei no Slave (written by the same person did Agame ga Kill) anime to come out. I would love to see Dandon's take on the those characters.

Deleted member 1375045

Apr 21, 2019
I don't think I've ever seen Dandon draw any version of Zatanna, so that would be amazing. Lucy from Cyberpunk Edgerunners would also be amazing, since the show itself is amazing. Part of me wishes I had artistic drawing talent. If I did, I'd create a memorial to the late Kevin Conroy, who for the last 30 years provided the voice of the only true Batman.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Meanwhile Dandon is hosting a poll about future characters to draw.

So far we got a close fight for the first position: Zatanna is leading with 494 votes and Lucy from Cyberpunk Edgerunners is trailing with 483 preferences.

Queen Marika from Elden Ring is comfortably third with 411 votes, while the other three are quite behind: Esdeath from Akame Ga kill has 272 votes, Rachel from Dead Or Alive 263 and Raiden is last with 238.

Honestly Raiden has better chances to be featured than Viper, seeing that Dandon is a genshin player.
Zatanna: A classic of some sort, would be interesting to see her

Lucy: A threesome with Chi and Hanya would be amazing, though she alone is already a charismatic lady

Queen Marika: Why not? I'd guess the next one is either Fia or Malenia

Esdeath: A classic, blast from the past -- can't go wrong with Esdeath

Rachel: One of the overlooked characters on DOA series... would be nice to couple her with either Tina or Christie

Raiden: I remember that one person made a Raiden Shogun art from one of Dandon's artwork... so, I guess it's time for Dandon to shine with her own take.

I hope most of these are fully-rendered artwork. Looking forward to it.

ASHJOKER

Mar 7, 2021
I don't think I've ever seen Dandon draw any version of Zatanna, so that would be amazing. Lucy from Cyberpunk Edgerunners would also be amazing, since the show itself is amazing. Part of me wishes I had artistic drawing talent. If I did, I'd create a memorial to the late Kevin Conroy, who for the last 30 years provided the voice of the only true Batman.
She did back in March 2016

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes