Unity Dark Land Chronicle: The Fallen Elf [v0.113] [Winterfire Studio]

3.90 star(s) 9 Votes

dreminh

Jan 4, 2019
i think there should be more mission gameplay like delivery job from a to b in the same map

Aug 24, 2017
We'll definitely consider your suggestions for controls and gradually work on improving them. The game initially had keyboard controls, and we've made numerous changes to reach the current version, which has led to some areas in the control design that still need refinement.

The new controls are going to prevent me from playing. Please consider doing what most indi game makers do when confronted with click control short comings and just add controller or keyboard support as well.

MrMeow888

Jun 6, 2021
Art looks nice! Combat certainly needs to be reworked at some point, though. The "themes" are not my cup of tea, unfortunately. Best of luck with seeing it to the end!

Thanescara

Jan 11, 2019
Progression System: Could you please provide more specific details?
Thanks for the info, appreciate the communication

For the progression system i was referring to a more RPG style system, like experience & leveling up. For example: Complete a quest and earn experience which you could use to level up and get skills or for another example, if you do an action like woodcutting, you will get experience on woodcutting and level up your woodcutting skill (maybe when you do level it up, you will get more resource when cutting a tree or faster cutting speed)

Heck even would make an interesting idea path for a quest:
  • Choose option A: get decent experience and your relationship is still good
  • Choose option B: get a lot more experience but your relationship will worsen

vessna

Jul 21, 2021
the game's quite good. need better attack configuration, hitbox for monsters and stuff, and better created loot system, cuz you need to click chests many times from different angles/short distances to really pick up things. if the game had smoother animations, it would be great.

is there option the quest with fanatics leader is broken? cuz i chose option that is supposed to help him, and lie the town guards, but what i got is his disappearience.

The game has problem with interior management, if you are in the house, you can't simply click on chests, cuz character is going to close the doors, because the indicators for two different actions are near each outher and probably coliders are overlapping.

Btw, it would be great idea in this game, for closing the doors to steal things, actually, there's no difference if you steal stuff on the sight, or if you close the doors, so no sight for guards - the outcome is guards and man of the village/town will start chasing you to kill, and women in the location will start running off.

Another thing is quest system. Good the quests log is added to the screen, but the good idea will be to hide [!] sign above npc head after the quest is done failed/accomplished, and show the sign above npc if the time for new activity is continued. The quest with retrieving old book from rocks has this problem. If you retrieve book, and open it, then giving this book to the quest giver get you no salary, and blocking further interactions with the quest giver, but [!] above his hed indicates he has something more for you. So if you want player to not get any quest from this npc anyomre, hide the sign, and give basic option to comunicate. Or the idea was to give player more questline, just not the same day, not on this stage of rep, cuz if it's what you looking for making this game, then the reputation system must be better visualized.

One last thing this game lacks of is Save and Load Game system, it's really irritating. This game need save game system.

btw, i will leave a review, when the game will get v0.3 or higher, just not now, cuz the actual state of the game isn't enough to give objective review.

Last edited:

Cryomaniac

Oct 17, 2018
The artstyle reminds me of darkest dungeon. The game seems to be in an early stage but looking forward to it!

3.90 star(s) 9 Votes