401Grem

May 14, 2017
well,just as i feared,cant play yet,dunno why,but everytime,the first i download a newer version,it doesnt work on my pc....fuck linux.....
Double click the lib folder, then open each linux folder and in each right click on the item with the game name and click properties, then under permissions make sure box is checked for execute, now back out and same thing in the (gamename).sh, then double click this to start game.

Reactions: seraphimd2

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
anybody got a mac version?
There is none. Download the PC version, then follow the guide I wrote 2 posts above yours to try to get it working.

burning dega

Jun 27, 2017
Dude, just finished dark neighbourhood final chapter. A REALLY AWESOME GAME.
but i have some questions can anyone please help me,
*did the new demon revived mc and why?
*did the new demon ate the father for his bloodlust ?
* is the demoness also dead ?
* why the new demon didn't kill other females ?
* and are they still living together with all their profession i mean scarlet became a official wrestler and gave her child to mc and lily for care. (I hope they are still together and fucking everyday)
i know, i am asking a lot of question. i can't help it, really loved this game. that's why wanted this questions to be clarified.
well may be i am dumb, that's why i started having this kind of questions.(or Pshyco Delusional have some plan of sequel for it in the future)

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
First off, just to be clear; this game is not running on Linux, as it has been repacked once in Windows. This is not Linux being bad or anything, but happens because Windows uses a different system for file permissions than any UNIX-based OS. Once those files gets extracted by ssomeone on a Windows computer, it will effectively wipe any UNIX permissions on the files and folders. Repacking the files then will always screw up the permissions.
Try this:
  1. Download and install/unzip the .
    • This game was built with version , so I recommend downloading that versison.
  2. Create a Projects folder where you want your games to be saved.
  3. Launch the Ren'Py Launcher.
  4. Click Preferences in the bottom right corner.
  5. Set Projects Directory to your newly created folder, then click Return.
  6. Download and extract the game in your newly created folder.
    • Delete the lib, renpy and .app folders + the .exe, .py and .sh files to save some space.
    • This game has been repacked once, so you need to move the DarkNeighbourhood-1.0-pc folder to your Projects folder, then delete the empty DN-1.0-Gamer folder
  7. In the Ren'Py Launcher, click refresh (to the right of PROJECTS:)
  8. Left click the game under PROJECTS:
  9. Click Launch Project and enjoy the game.
This method works for most Ren'Py games with a missing or non-working Mac or Linux port.
You can download a PC/Win version and play through the Ren'Py launcher.
Double click the lib folder, then open each linux folder and in each right click on the item with the game name and click properties, then under permissions make sure box is checked for execute, now back out and same thing in the (gamename).sh, then double click this to start game.
well,thanks for the tips,but still didnt worked,gonna wait for another version,not going to bother myself with that anymore when i can simply wait for it....

zooploop

Jul 3, 2018
I think that the girls all got funky with the dad and while his guard was down murdered him in the end. Seems like a good reason why they wouldn't want to discuss it, seeing as how the MC freaked out when he thought he was cucked by Sharon.

Reactions: steelsmiter

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
Dude, just finished dark neighbourhood final chapter. A REALLY AWESOME GAME.
but i have some questions can anyone please help me,
*did the new demon revived mc and why?
*did the new demon ate the father for his bloodlust ?
* is the demoness also dead ?
* why the new demon didn't kill other females ?
* and are they still living together with all their profession i mean scarlet became a official wrestler and gave her child to mc and lily for care. (I hope they are still together and fucking everyday)
i know, i am asking a lot of question. i can't help it, really loved this game. that's why wanted this questions to be clarified.
well may be i am dumb, that's why i started having this kind of questions.(or Pshyco Delusional have some plan of sequel for it in the future)
you left out, did the mc get attracted to his daughters once they came of sexual age and continue the 'family tradition'? haha

btw i loved the ending, laughed my ass off over that.

deltavega

Donor
Jun 1, 2019
hey guys im stuck after i pick the all caps choice, anyone can help? ty
i cant proceed to point 6
Go to Scarlet room, Then go downstairs.

Hello, i'm stuck at the same point, i cant trigger the scene written in the walkthrough chap 8 point 6.
I tried to go everywhere in differents order and i tried many earlier saves to get back to this point.
When i go to scarletts room it says : "Maybe i shouldnt go in there right now", then i go back downstairs and nothing triggers.

If someone could share a save so i can see the end of the story it would be nice.

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
You're doing something wrong, dude. Everything works fine for me.
well,if it serves as consolation,the intructions work just fine for the compressed version,but since they didnt work with the standard one,i simply decided to wait,nothing against the compressed,i do apreciate the effort put on making it,but i will simply wait for a update on the version avaiable,it is simple as that,if you're wondering why i simply didnt tinkered a little more with the ren'py,i know my pc limits,and sometimes python gets screwed when i screw around without enough care,so why waste time when i can simply wait to pick it later....

Deleted member 62788

Jun 10, 2017
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked before but I appear to have hit a wall. Been using the guide and when you duck the mother in front of the father the guide says go downstairs. Well I am already downstairs but nothing will trigger. Any advice on what I need to do please.

HHUUKK

Feb 9, 2018
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked before but I appear to have hit a wall. Been using the guide and when you duck the mother in front of the father the guide says go downstairs. Well I am already downstairs but nothing will trigger. Any advice on what I need to do please.

Go to the Scarlet room, then go downstairs

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
well,if it serves as consolation,the intructions work just fine for the compressed version,but since they didnt work with the standard one,i simply decided to wait,nothing against the compressed,i do apreciate the effort put on making it,but i will simply wait for a update on the version avaiable,it is simple as that,if you're wondering why i simply didnt tinkered a little more with the ren'py,i know my pc limits,and sometimes python gets screwed when i screw around without enough care,so why waste time when i can simply wait to pick it later....
Honestly, I have no idea about the compressed version. I use the standard one.

3.50 star(s) 117 Votes