the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
I guess that'd be for each VN I'm interested in? Does DMD have a Discord server?
i talked about F95zone's discord, but you can setup notifications for every server you're logged in
idk if there's an official discord server for dmd, but you can look

edit: well, two is better :)

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Hey! This was was just speculation on my part. But the timing seems too precise to be a coincidence.
People can ask a dev-teamer the reason for the delay. I might even pretend to believe him...
You know what will come too around that time?Some kickstarter projects first ship and for others the second wave.Mostly board,card and miniature games.

T

tomhiddle

You have no idea how thinks work.There is plenty of projects that get an update once on 3 months or even 6 months and still are kicking.
All these updates are basically small updates - more or less, few bigger ones, but they all have sense only if they are regular and to me a 3 month or a 6 month update, unless it's a planned that way because it makes sense (because of creative and business model or team is small or team is doing other projects also), is not a regular update in this case - perhaps in others it is - but a contingency that wasn't planned.

And who ever tells that updates of 3 months apart are an ok thing for this project is mugging about. No chapter 3 if something doesn't change. I don't think it needs to change straight away, but it needs to change.

PixelRepublic

Donor
Jun 4, 2017
Anyone know if I have to play through chapter 2 or if this is just an addon to 2 so can just pick up from 1?
Why would you skip chapter 1? It's like only watching the end of a movie. Chapter 2 is the continuation of the story from chapter 1. You may be able to skip, but I wouldn't advise it.

If you're not too interested in most of the story, you can just skip lines to speed through it.

Reactions: rmma621

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
All these updates are basically small updates - more or less, few bigger ones, but they all have sense only if they are regular and to me a 3 month or a 6 month update, unless it's a planned that way because it makes sense (because of creative and business model or team is small or team is doing other projects also), is not a regular update in this case - perhaps in others it is - but a contingency that wasn't planned.

And who ever tells that updates of 3 months apart are an ok thing for this project is mugging about. No chapter 3 if something doesn't change. I don't think it needs to change straight away, but it needs to change.
Just because you can't believe that it can happen doesn't mean you are right.What you or I think is completely irrelevant.The game will continue as long the dev wants and as long there is a demand and fans to support him.
I remember how many people laught when Jim Balent decide to publish alone his comic series.And you know what it was 19 years ago and the series is now at issue 110.How many comic you know that reach that number?Even the big ones like Marvel,DC,Image and Dynamite have not that much.

T

tomhiddle

Just because you can't believe that it can happen doesn't mean you are right.What you or I think is completely irrelevant.The game will continue as long the dev wants and as long there is a demand and fans to support him.
I remember how many people laught when Jim Balent decide to pusblish alone his comic series.And you know what it was 19 years ago and the series is now at issue 110.How many comic you know that reach that number?Even the big ones like Marvel,DC,Image and Dynamite have not that much.
Yeah, I agree with you. And for Jim Balent also - it is a nice thing to have a comic series that long alive - you meant Tarot? - but the important thing is also to remember he did a lot of work beside it for DC as his main work. As for this I'm just saying I'd like to see end of this sooner than 2020 as you calculated.

Fata

Jul 23, 2017
Welcome to our thread! Really, DMD is only like DoD in having so many quality renders.
DoD is fun-fun-fun with sex-sex-sex. Relate your preferences because there are many people who play dozens and dozens of games and can give you a recommendations (DoD is one of a handful of games I play, and is special).
What Games does DoD mean?

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Yeah, I agree with you. And for Jim Balent also - it is a nice thing to have a comic series that long alive - you meant Tarot? - but the important thing is also to remember he did a lot of work beside it for DC as his main work. As for this I'm just saying I'd like to see end of this sooner than 2020 as you calculated.
Tarot of course.I have almost all issues with both covers.Raven Hex was my favorite,maybe because of Lady Death vibe.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
I would suggest for a mod here to put the countdown on the front page, it would save lots of bandwidth from people asking when is the update over and over again, it's just a suggestion, nothing more ;)

Reactions: rmma621

PixelRepublic

Donor
Jun 4, 2017
I would suggest for a mod here to put the countdown on the front page, it would save lots of bandwidth from people asking when is the update over and over again, it's just a suggestion, nothing more ;)
Yeah, but people won't read the OP either.
I tell you what, we take it in turns to post it on each page of the thread... I'm totally sure that'll work, yup lol.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I was talking about issue 109 and Azure's gift to Raven/you remember Se7en?/And Tarot died also on Loki arc and in issue 9 too:)BTW 3 Little Kittens are awesome too.Happy to see them so far in 3 arcs and total 6 issues of Tarot-27/28,42,72/73/74.
Tarot Witch of the Black Rose is realy one of the most long running series in adult genre I know.
Another one is 3dmonsterstories-homealone447,now droid 447.I remember that he start january 2009.BTW he just make like 90% of his work completely free on his site and this year move to Patreon.

PixelRepublic

Donor
Jun 4, 2017
When will this page be published for free? when the time is up, will it be published here as well? (sorry for my bad english)
Whenever someone kind enough, with access, shares it. Shouldn't be that long after official release I'd guess.

T

tomhiddle

At least 20 mid- to high-patrons have come to this thread and said the present 3-month cycle is acceptable for them.
Yeah, patrons are those who's opinion/money counts. Rest of the fans are also important, but patrons are the core.

But this is also why for me it's ok for anyone to word out whatever for good discussion - because all those mid and high patrons who among them have people who were backing from the very start - have a very strong interest here - their money they already paid. And this is it, money already paid, you can always back out if you don't like a new direction for example, but you paid a considerable amount already probably so you're more inclined to be optimistic. But it's cool to be optimistic for this hehe.

3.80 star(s) 321 Votes