Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
So has anybody answered this question: About how much playtime will be in the new version? Will it be quite a bit longer then usual since it took longer?

PixelRepublic

Donor
Jun 4, 2017
Yeah, patrons are those who's opinion/money counts. Rest of the fans are also important, but patrons are the core.

But this is also why for me it's ok for anyone to word out whatever for good discussion - because all those mid and high patrons who among them have people who were backing from the very start - have a very strong interest here - their money they already paid. And this is it, money already paid, you can always back out if you don't like a new direction for example, but you paid a considerable amount already probably so you're more inclined to be optimistic. But it's cool to be optimistic for this hehe.
Not necessarily anymore with DMD, because it's not on Patreon anymore, it's not even spoken about there anymore. You just have to to get access. Patrons are only supporting Melody now, officially.

Regardless of your opinion on the cycle, we should simply be grateful that the game is still being developed after Patreon cracked down and ousted it, and that the devs didn't ditch the game like Dark Silver did with Big Brother. It's not a new direction, it's making the best of a bad situation, which isn't preferable, but it's the best we can hope for right now.

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
It seems to me that, while Melody has its fans, most patrons are still really there for DMD. Given that, it seems like most of them might be prepared to accept smaller Melody updates if it meant the thrice-monthly DMD update felt more like three months' worth. So he could do three weeks of Melody, one of DMD (Melody release), three weeks of Melody, one of DMD (Melody release) and then four weeks of DMD (super-size DMD release). I don't know the process of making these games, so maybe that's just not logistically workable, and I'd be surprised if the option hadn't been mooted among the team. But if it would be possible, I think that would be a good option.

Reactions: John Doe Jr.

sept0342

Sep 22, 2017
So has anybody answered this question: About how much playtime will be in the new version? Will it be quite a bit longer then usual since it took longer?
It didn't take longer but just 28 days. Mr.Dots and his team weren't 2 months doing nothing but working on 2 versions of Melody. So, if anything, it will be shorter.

PixelRepublic

Donor
Jun 4, 2017
It seems to me that, while Melody has its fans, most patrons are still really there for DMD. Given that, it seems like most of them might be prepared to accept smaller Melody updates if it meant the thrice-monthly DMD update felt more like three months' worth. So he could do three weeks of Melody, one of DMD (Melody release), three weeks of Melody, one of DMD (Melody release) and then four weeks of DMD (super-size DMD release). I don't know the process of making these games, so maybe that's just not logistically workable, and I'd be surprised if the option hadn't been mooted among the team. But if it would be possible, I think that would be a good option.
A week isn't enough to time to produce anything meaningful of this caliber. The image renders take a huge amount of time.

I did personally think; why not 1 month DMD and one month Melody (rather than 2 - 1). But, I'm just glad DMD is still active, I'll take whatever I can get, and honestly, I'm enjoying Melody too.

Les_Riggs

Oct 19, 2017
Fans are kidding themselves if they think this will be a long update, just for the sole reason that it’s been three months since the last release.

MrDots has been working on his other game Melody during that time and also probably making sure BMAC was the right platform where fans could donate, before he announced a release date.
That all takes time, and a lot of his from the way I read it.

I’m just greatful for any kind of game release, and so should everybody else.

Can guarantee there won’t be a shortage of whingers on here later today after it’s released though..

Reactions: rmma621

kolobezka

Apr 13, 2018
A week isn't enough to time to produce anything meaningful of this caliber. The image renders take a huge amount of time.

I did personally think; why not 1 month DMD and one month Melody (rather than 2 - 1). But, I'm just glad DMD is still active, I'll take whatever I can get, and honestly, I'm enjoying Melody too.
Yes, I was a little skepctical against Melody, but first release changed my opinion. It's good game.

John Doe Jr.

Jun 11, 2017
Not necessarily anymore with DMD, because it's not on Patreon anymore, it's not even spoken about there anymore. You just have to to get access. Patrons are only supporting Melody now, officially.

Regardless of your opinion on the cycle, we should simply be grateful that the game is still being developed after Patreon cracked down and ousted it, and that the devs didn't ditch the game like Dark Silver did with Big Brother. It's not a new direction, it's making the best of a bad situation, which isn't preferable, but it's the best we can hope for right now.
If anything, it's a good thing it's off of Patreon because now MrDots can implement all the nasty fetishes his heart desires :)

Reactions: rmma621

PixelRepublic

Donor
Jun 4, 2017
It didn't take longer but just 28 days. Mr.Dots and his team weren't 2 months doing nothing but working on 2 versions of Melody. So, if anything, it will be shorter.
Fans are kidding themselves if they think this will be a long update, just for the sole reason that it’s been three months since the last release.

MrDots has been working on his other game Melody during that time and also probably making sure BMAC was the right platform where fans could donate, before he announced a release date.
That all takes time, and a lot of his from the way I read it.

I’m just greatful for any kind of game release, and so should everybody else.
During the two months of Melody development, there would have been many opportunities for work on DMD. When you're rendering images, there is a lot of waiting around, and while that provides an opportunity to write and other misc work, this isn't a one man show - there are others on the team. When a writer has done as much as they can on one project, they can move on to other things. So it's very likely that work on DMD wasn't isolated to this month.

Anything is possible. Regardless, it's all blind speculation. Making a statement either way is stupid.

Horrible

Jan 23, 2017
View attachment 103381
Marty McFly: Whoa. Wait a minute, Doc. Are you trying to tell me that my daughter has got the hots for me?
Dr. Emmett Brown: Precisely.
Marty McFly: Whoa. This is heavy.
Dr. Emmett Brown: There’s that word again. “Heavy.” Why are things so heavy in the future? Is there a problem with the Earth’s gravitational pull?
You made a time machine? Out of a Patreon page?

3.80 star(s) 321 Votes