kanon92

Dec 27, 2017
Is there any cheat for unlocking all the rewards? Or a save with them unlocked, that would be appreciated too.

bolenart

Jun 17, 2017
Just found DMD this week, and fucking loved it! So fucked up that the douche bags at Patreon have screwed so many talented devs. Does anybody know, is the BuyMeACoffee the best way to support DMD and MrDots? Sucks having to wait so long for updates, but I'd hate to see this game get abandoned from lack of support.
I think a lot of people simply choose to support the developer itself rather than any specific game. Lots of mrdots' supporters on patreon are there because of DMD more than Melody (myself included, although I love both games) and mrdots knows this. If I were you I'd support him on patreon and send him a message that it's (primarily or entirely) DMD that you are really interested in.

Reactions: rmma621
Mar 7, 2018
Just found DMD this week, and fucking loved it! So fucked up that the douche bags at Patreon have screwed so many talented devs. Does anybody know, is the BuyMeACoffee the best way to support DMD and MrDots? Sucks having to wait so long for updates, but I'd hate to see this game get abandoned from lack of support.
I'm in the same boat as you two, but Mrdots says on his website that if you want to support DMD you should not do that on Patreon. Alot of his supporters do that anyway(me included) but according to him, the money will not go to DMD, but maybe he has the say that, but just so people know. I buy the coffee stuff too, but idk. :confused:

Here:

"
3-Can I get DMD if I donate to Patreon.

No, Patreon no longer welcomes DMD, so please don’t pledge there if you only want this game. See the link above."

Here is the DMD support page:

Reactions: rmma621

TripleH14

Jul 20, 2017
Can't download chapter 2, mega stops downloading after a couple of minutes and other sites show me how much time is left but the download never starts. Is it a problem with the link?

thanatos69

Oct 28, 2016
I'm in the same boat as you two, but Mrdots says on his website that if you want to support DMD you should not do that on Patreon. Alot of his supporters do that anyway(me included) but according to him, the money will not go to DMD, but maybe he has the say that, but just so people know. I buy the coffee stuff too, but idk. :confused:

Here:

"
3-Can I get DMD if I donate to Patreon.

No, Patreon no longer welcomes DMD, so please don’t pledge there if you only want this game. See the link above."

Here is the DMD support page:
Tbh I don't think the coffee support would be enough to keep DMD alive. Ofc he has to say that in order to avoid problems with Patreon. But we all know that by supporting him on Patreon, DMD, Melody and any future game will stay alive and get completed.

Reactions: SikaNauta

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Is there any cheat for unlocking all the rewards? Or a save with them unlocked, that would be appreciated too.
Not that I'm aware of, though I don't think the award system is necessary anymore since it wasn't used in chapter 2.

rickZhedgehog

Jun 2, 2018
For DMD, yes. MrDots isn't accepting money for DMD on his Patreon page, much less even bringing the game up there. He'd get banned if he did. However, you can support his other project - Melody - on his Patreon page.

For DMD, you need to buy him a coffee.

As far as "lack of support", I think it's pretty safe to say DMD has a lot of support, IMHO. Not just because of Patreon's demands and what happened as a result, but because a lot of people were financially vested in him continuing his work with DMD (such as myself). And he promised to continue doing so despite Patreon, which, to me, speaks a lot about his character.
That's awesome to hear! Thanks for the info, it's good to know he's one of the stand up creators out there.

asgardtipar

Aug 4, 2017
So when .19 comes out in august do i have to download the whole thing again or is there like a patch or something to just update the game

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Realistically Patreon can not tell Mr.Dots what to do with his revenue once its in his hands, and his other venture is in no way directly connect to their recently moral organization.
But yes stating that donating to Patreon will no longer provide support for DMD is a CYA for Mr.Dots. If you want to now support Melody then Patreon seems to be OK with that, and lets face it Patreon is a business too. So as long as they keep up the appearance of having duly chastised Mr.Dots then they probably don't care they are taking a percentage of dirty DMD funds. Hell Patreon might not care if Mr.Dots put out one of two Melody updates a year as long as the funds kept coming in.

Reactions: virtuvoid

megacct

May 15, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked before (1000 pages is a lot to go through) – have others had problems with middle/wheel-clicking your mouse not hiding the on-screen dialogue? After a bit of searching online, it appears renpy also hides dialogue boxes when you press H on the keyboard, but that's not working for me either.

I'd noticed this in some previous versions, but not all.. it seems to be a bug that comes & goes.

And to tack on to recent discussion, only after this Patreon fiasco blew up did I start to support Mr Dots, though I chose to do so via Patreon. So far I'm not a fan of Melody, but they make it pretty easy to throw him twenty shekels a month without having to think about it.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
So when .19 comes out in august do i have to download the whole thing again or is there like a patch or something to just update the game
You'll be doing the same thing for .19 as you did with .18. v0.19 will (or at least, should unless this begins chapter 3) contain information from the beginning of chapter 2.

cheesyamp

May 19, 2018
It's probably been answered several times before, but how do I start chapter two with my save from chapter one? I've tried extracting chapter two to my chapter one folder and it doesn't work. I also tried copying my saves folder from the chapter one folder to the chapter two folder and it still says my save can't be loaded. My last save was on the "Congratulations" screen of chapter one.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
It's probably been answered several times before, but how do I start chapter two with my save from chapter one? I've tried extracting chapter two to my chapter one folder and it doesn't work. I also tried copying my saves folder from the chapter one folder to the chapter two folder and it still says my save can't be loaded. My last save was on the "Congratulations" screen of chapter one.
In most cases chapter 2 should be able to pick up from where you left off in chapter 1 (though not always the case for some, myself included).

So what you would need to do is open chapter 1 and get to the ending (just before the thank you screen) and write down all the stats for your game.. That includes the following:

FP
LP
Boobs
Ass
EXH
Sharing
BDSM

Next, load chapter 2 and select, "Continue from Ch.1". You'll see a message saying, "Your saves from CH.1 couldn't be loaded".

Finally, start entering all the information requested in the game and you'll begin on "Day 0".

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Sorry if this has been asked before (1000 pages is a lot to go through) – have others had problems with middle/wheel-clicking your mouse not hiding the on-screen dialogue? After a bit of searching online, it appears renpy also hides dialogue boxes when you press H on the keyboard, but that's not working for me either.

I'd noticed this in some previous versions, but not all.. it seems to be a bug that comes & goes.

And to tack on to recent discussion, only after this Patreon fiasco blew up did I start to support Mr Dots, though I chose to do so via Patreon. So far I'm not a fan of Melody, but they make it pretty easy to throw him twenty shekels a month without having to think about it.
I've never had a problem with either the scroll wheel (using it to hide dialog or rolling back the dialog) or the "H" hotkey.

Melody is still pretty much in its infancy at the moment. From what I've seen so far, it looks very promising.

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes