Fan Art Dating My Daughter: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Since I'm out of the bar business my Saturday night involves a pizza and watching a movie. :)

CulayTL

Sneaky Bastard
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018
Here's my take with the D

But how do I fix that?
Go to the Smooth Shaded Preview
Select the rochelle hair in the scene tab
In the Parameters tab with the hair selected go to Actor and Adjusting if you want.. search for adjust forehead depth and witdh..
Play with the sliders until the map covers the head.. you ll see a greysh color over the head.. if that clips with the head you ll get the dark lines..
This might differe from figure to figure or poses.. as well

Untitled_result.jpg

Reactions: HaroldB77

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017
Go to the Smooth Shaded Preview
Select the rochelle hair in the scene tab
In the Parameters tab with the hair selected go to Actor and Adjusting if you want.. search for adjust forehead depth and witdh..
Play with the sliders until the map covers the head.. you ll see a greysh color over the head.. if that clips with the head you ll get the dark lines..
This might differe from figure to figure or poses.. as well

View attachment 510566
Very helpful. Thanks. This usually happens with G3 models for me, straaange. :unsure:
Anyway, thanks again.

Reactions: CulayTL

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Something I often do when I see the 'hair squigglies' on the forehead is to select the hair in question, and scale it to 101% or so, at the 'root' of the hair node tree (i.e. not head, hip, etc). This is the 'universal' scale slider, not the x, y, or z sliders individually, although sometimes I might mess with those as needed. This usually works. Sometimes I'll try adjusting parameters individually, but I usually do that when I first add the hair, to get the hairline, etc. where I want it. Afterwords, I mostly use the hair parameter morphs for moving ponytails, bangs, etc. around.

For me, the squigglies usually appear after I apply a pose, which seems to be the case in the example above.
But yeah, the 'scale up 1% or so' trick usually works for me.

Thanos247

Devourer of Worlds
Donor
Jun 11, 2017
OhWee I got news for you buddy, I don't think there is an artist alive who is satisfied with there lighting. I know there is only one (maybe two), pieces of (shit) art, I created where i can say, 'I like how everything came out.'

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Anyone got a good idea for an environment that looks like the one from casting couch?
i13's Dean's office maybe? Not the Dean's Desk, but the opposite wall with the couch maybe.

Just remove the diplomas and such from the back wall, or replace them with other pictures.

Reactions: Andurin
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes