Fan Art Dating My Daughter: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Big Rooster

Forum Fanatic
Mar 16, 2018
Not calling anyone out here, and I'm guilty of not fixing it in post a few times myself, but I want to talk about the 'kink' in D's ponytail.

D is quite short, which messes with the ponytail shape, causing an overlap around the neck, and near the bottom.

There are a few suggestions around here r.e. how to minimize this, I've tried most (maybe all?) of them, and it never quite goes away...

HOWEVER, there is a REALLY EASY WAY to get around this.

After you've loaded your 'D' figure into the scene:

1) Load a second instance/model of Rochelle Ponytail Hair into the scene. Do NOT select any figures before you do this, just load it 'by itself'.

2) Copy the hair textures over from the hair that's on 'D' over to the second ponytail, so that they match.

3) Select 'D's head, so that the 'figure tree' opens up in your Scene tab.

4) Drag the second instance of Rochelle Ponytail Hair onto the Head node of 'D'.

5) Under the Surfaces tab for the hair you just dragged onto 'D's head, Dial the Cutout Opacity of everything except for Back, BackUnder, and HairBand to 0, thus 'hiding' everything except for the ponytail and the hair band.

6) Now, select the 'first instance' of Rochelle Ponytail Hair (that was on her head already) and dial down the CutoutOpacity of Back and BackUnder to 0.

7) The 'second' ponytail that is still visible is probably floating a ways above the head of 'D'. Select it (the one now parented to the head node) Adjust the Y Translate parameter to 0, then nudge it upwards, and nudge the Z Translate a bit until the two hair bands overlap each other perfectly.

8) Since you currently have the second instance selected, adjust the length of the ponytail to taste. It'll be 'full length' for a 5'10" character, and 'D' is a bit shorter than that...

That's it! Save this new 'D' with the new and improved ponytail so that you can easily load her later.

No kink, no need for post work to hide the kink!

Note that you'll need to make sure to select the second ponytail's Tail node to adjust the tail swing, etc. Selecting the 'first' Rochelle tail will just swing the 'invisible' ponytail, which won't help...

You're welcome!
;)
Dee is a very kinky girl!:p

• Haha
Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
In honor of hitting the 300 page mark in the DMD Fanart Thread...

Pg1_The300Martins_OhWee.jpg

Pg2_The300Martins_OhWee.jpg

Pg3_The300Martins_OhWee.jpg

Pg4_The300Martins_OhWee.jpg

Pg5_The300Martins_OhWee.jpg

Pg6_The300Martins_OhWee.jpg

Thanks to all of the awesome fan artists that have been cranking out renders over the years. This thread has been chugging right along since August of 2017!

Keep on keepin' on y'all!
:cool:

Big Rooster

Forum Fanatic
Mar 16, 2018

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
For some weird reason, I thought you didn’t speak English. And this is why you shouldn’t do drugs ladies and gentlemen..............on Wednesdays
When I read this, in my head it came out as...
For some weird reason, I thought you didn’t speak English. And this is why you shouldn’t do drugs, (do) ladies and (do) gentlemen..............on Wednesdays

That's a completely different mental image!
:oops:

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes