Fan Art Dating My Daughter: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Falcon6

Mar 15, 2018
What HDRI background are you using for the D in the woods pic?
The MountainA one from this:

Here on F95: [Collection] - [DAZ] iRadiance - HDRI Variety Pack One , Two , Three & Four 8k HDRIs for Iray | F95zone

For large 4K renders like I'm doing the HDRI background will be pixelated because it's only an 8K HDRI. But using a DOF camera setting focused on the model solves that by blurring the HDRI enough on my renders to make it look fine. What I discovered though was it blurs the entire HDRI even where the model would come "in contact" with it, like at her feet on the ground. Her feet are in focus but the ground under them is totally blurred by the DOF. Makes sense 'cos the HDRI is a 2D flat picture plane and has no depth of it's own. So I just don't show her feet anymore using DOF with an HDRI. ;)

I also added a front light for the render 'cos I rotated the HDRI and it put the main light source kinda behind her.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hmmmm.... Maybe when DMD is done we can get the duf for her.

It is likely D will out live the VN in fan art.

• Haha
Reactions: Big Rooster

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I want to see D get up off of her chair without sticking to it. :LOL:

I like your lighting rig.

Reactions: soupault

Big Rooster

Forum Fanatic
Mar 16, 2018
3D. Get it? Three D's. Oh...nevermind. 3800 x 3800

Credit to OhWee for the D .duf file. (I enlarged her to better fit the table and chairs. Hope that doesn't offend anybody).
Kudos for her landing strip. Although she's a blonde.;)
As much as I love OhWee work and helpfulness, I feel the Dee model is too stylistically "rubberized" for me, but the renders are perfectly done. It shows a lot of love, skill, knowledge, creativity, and patience shared by all of the creators on here.
I use the models that were on the art-assets tread thread (I think Rich was the creator???) with a few of my own tweaks. I did make my own but I was never satisfied by the results.

Last edited:

Falcon6

Mar 15, 2018
I like your lighting rig.
All default lights loaded with the asset. I just moved the one that lights the back wall behind the center D 'cos it was stuck in her stomach after I posed her there. If you look close at the wall you'll see I didn't move it far enough back (it's between her back and her ponytail) and it is casting a ponytail shadow on the wall. Oops!

Big Rooster

Forum Fanatic
Mar 16, 2018
Yeah. She doesn't even have genital hair in the game. And I usually will use a light brown landing strip for a blonde hair model 'cos a blond strip can get "washed out" by lighting in a lot of renders. Besides, the carpet doesn't always match the curtains anyhow. ;)
it's perfect!

Thanos247

Devourer of Worlds
Donor
Jun 11, 2017
Personally, I've used about 5 different version of Dee. I'm sure you guys can tell that my Dee looks different than others. I'm just a picky little shit, and haven't found the one I want. Use whatever model makes you happy. This is YOUR render after all and no one will know what you have in mind. All we ever see is the final product and not the vision you had in your head.

Bottom line, be like Rusty and Ohwee and just have fun with it.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Fun with mirrors...

Mainly these two renders are just lame excuses for gratuitous ass shots...

New version of Dee I came up with a few weeks ago, that I've been featuring in my recent fanart. I'll share her at some point if anyone actually cares (once I've fine tuned her a bit more). Of course, if you think you can do better, well that's what the Art Assets thread that Rich started is for! Pretty much all of the assets you'll need to dial in your own 'D' and other DMD related characters are covered in the Asset Releases section of this forum, and this being a Buccaneer forum and all...

I still prefer f95zoneuser463 's version of 'D', with minor tweaks that I've made and that a couple of other people have also been using. She's more youthful and fun in my mind...

Also, as others have noted, creative use of lighting can really change how a figure looks. Ingame DMD lighting is often pretty boring actually, there are a few standout renders but most of the time it's pretty 'generic'... I do enjoy seeing what other people are experimenting with lighting wise.

So I'm pretty much going to stay out of the whole 'fanart D vs game D' thing. I think that having different takes on 'D' is pretty cool, and the fact that people even bother doing fanart in the first place, and show it off here for free, is pretty sweet as well.

I lost interest in the game itself around the time Chapter 2 kicked off, although I still do download the latest release every now and then to check out the renders (not actually play). But I do enjoy seeing 'D' in various situations that we all cook up in for this thread.

BTW, if you prefer 'Game' D, grab unren.bat and extract the game images. There are a LOT of them at this point!

Some people around here do like my fanart, so that's cool... apparently I'm not perv-worthy though, even though I've shown Dee getting fucked by Aliens, Trolls, Dogs, Yetis, Duckies, Martians, Graham, Martin, a 'Joust' kinda bird, Frank, a Skeleton, and a few other creatures I'm sure that I can't think of ATM...
;)

Mainly I'm just happy to see more people dipping their toes into this whole fanart thing.

One other note:

There was a secret plan to kick something off on April 1st, but I got sidetracked, so that won't be ready tomorrow. Some previews might get posted though, depending on how the day goes and how the other person helping out with it feels...

I'm creeping up on my 3000th post here on F95Zone, and I usually do something special for personal milestones, but this other thing has my attention. So my personal milestone nod will be a bit more understated than usual this time.

Back to the grind!
:cool:

Last edited:

Falcon6

Mar 15, 2018
1) Mainly these two renders are just lame excuses for gratuitous ass shots...

2) ...apparently I'm not perv-worthy though, even though I've shown Dee getting fucked by Aliens, Trolls, Dogs, Yetis, Duckies, Martians, Graham, Martin, a 'Joust' kinda bird, Frank, a Skeleton, and a few other creatures I'm sure that I can't think of ATM...
These two statements may well be the most honest and noteworthy postings ever typed, and deserve a Place of Honor in the "D Fan Art Hall of Fame".

Plus, I hereby submit my vote for OhWee to be admitted to the "D Fan Art Certified Perv-Worthy Members Association". All in favor say "WTF is D doing in THAT render????"

(Golly, I Love This Bar...Forum...Whatever)

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes