Fan Art Dating My Daughter: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Big Rooster

Forum Fanatic
Mar 16, 2018
I try to add complexity to the scene to make it interesting, it seems too much so, for a "free" program and unregulated file protocals. Couple that with an older machine (at least I updated from XP). I follow an aviation channel on G-tube (Draco) and it showed the engineering computer used to make the airflow models. it had to cost tens of thousands. So I'm not going to rival Dixar, to their relief, any time soon.
But I rendered this in under 5minutes
BFF's Beach.png

Last edited:

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
After several more PM exchanges with OhWee today, I've discovered the following things:

1. Shaders vs Material Textures don't work in DAZ Studio the same way they work in the Flight and Racing Simulators I've been using for 30 years. Now I know how to use shaders in DAZ. Duh!

2. I've never really understood how to do Camera settings with DOF. New thing #2 I learned today. Duh - Duh!!

3. I'm thoroughly embarrassed it took me a year to understand those things. :giggle:

In any case, OhWee (again) taught me what I didn't understand in those areas. But now D is hiding in her room and refusing to talk to me after some of the shaders I tried applying to her tonight. Sad. So, so sad.

View attachment 1101758

(Thanks again to OhWee for broadening my DAZ horizons) (y)
Either Silver Sufers girlfriend or a hood figure on a Rolls Royce.

• Haha
Reactions: Falcon6 and OhWee

Falcon6

Mar 15, 2018
I try to add complexity to the scene to make it interesting, it seems too much so, for a "free" program and unregulated file protocals. Couple that with an older machine (at least I updated from XP). I follow an aviation channel on G-tube (Draco) and it showed the engineering computer used to make the airflow models. it had to cost tens of thousands. So I'm not going to rival Dixar, to their relief, any time soon.
But I rendered this in under 5minutes
You're doing fine. (fan)Art is Art. Different strokes for different folks. And if the complexity of the finished product is "limited" (which itself is subjective) by hardware or experience, so be it. You still took the time to create it and share it with others. If someone likes it, fine. If not, fine too. You'll never please everybody anyhow. Keep rendering. (y)

Reactions: Big Rooster

Falcon6

Mar 15, 2018
Either Silver Sufers girlfriend or a hood figure on a Rolls Royce.
I like the way you think. But do you know how much you have just upset Fantastic Four lovers by calling it a "Sufer"? It's SURFER. Silver SURFER. Now I have to move you down 2 spots on my "one of my favorite person's" list. Tsk Tsk. ;)

Falcon6

Mar 15, 2018
...a hood figure on a Rolls Royce.
These 2 Dee renders are your fault, Rusty :LOL:

I tried applying a 24K Gold metal shader to her hair in the first one. I thought it would make her hair one large "block" of metal, but it applied the shader to the hair "bands" instead. I didn't expect that, but thought it still looked kinda cool. I assume to make the hair one big "metal block" the hair would have to be morphed somehow, but I have no clue how to do that.

DMD - Dee - UCC - 02.png

So I did a 2nd render with the real hair. Heck, I figure if you have enough money for a Rolls Royce (even though this car isn't one) you could afford to have two versions of the hood ornament for it.

DMD - Dee - UCC - 01.png

3800 x 2348 Open wide and scroll

Credit to OhWee for the D .duf file....until I turned her into the Silver "SUFER" (sorry Rusty...I couldn't resist :p)

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I like how the hair looks in the first one, I've tried to make D's hair gold colored but it never takes.
Where did you get the 24 karat gold metal shade?

That's a very cool hood ornament you created. A new Spirit of Ecstasy.

Reactions: Big Rooster

Falcon6

Mar 15, 2018
Where did you get the 24 karat gold metal shade?
Heck, I didn't even know I had them until OhWee taught me shaders a couple days ago. I'm pretty sure they came from the "Metals" category of the Vol 2 product below. (EDIT: MY BAD. THEY ARE IN THE VOL 1 PRODUCT ACCORDING TO THE SHADER PRESET LIST IN MY CONTENT LIBRARY TAB). If you install it scroll the "Metals" list in the Surfaces Tab/Shaders/iRay to find "Gold 24K 999" (there are 4 other Gold 24K ones too). It's the same place I found the Titanium silver texture for D's body.

(there are more volumes of these shaders too)

I searched F95 for the asset but didn't find it. Here's a link for it at 3DLoad (I hope it's OK to list that link here)

Since OhWee's tutoring me, I'm finding stuff in my DAZ Studio installation I never knew I had, even though I obviously downloaded and installed it sometime in the past year. :LOL:

Last edited:

Big Rooster

Forum Fanatic
Mar 16, 2018
These 2 Dee renders are your fault, Rusty :LOL:

I tried applying a 24K Gold metal shader to her hair in the first one. I thought it would make her hair one large "block" of metal, but it applied the shader to the hair "bands" instead. I didn't expect that, but thought it still looked kinda cool. I assume to make the hair one big "metal block" the hair would have to be morphed somehow, but I have no clue how to do that.

View attachment 1104265

So I did a 2nd render with the real hair. Heck, I figure if you have enough money for a Rolls Royce (even though this car isn't one) you could afford to have two versions of the hood ornament for it.

View attachment 1104267

3800 x 2348 Open wide and scroll

Credit to OhWee for the D .duf file....until I turned her into the Silver "SUFER" (sorry Rusty...I couldn't resist :p)
except that's not a RR grill :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Falcon6
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes