Fan Art Dating My Daughter: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes
Jun 3, 2018
So, I did a thing. Kinda wanted to see Dee with a Cute Goth look. I like her to be more sultry and that kind of aesthetic fits with that, and is to my taste. What do you think?

For this scene, Dee explores and abandoned building to take picks for "the gram" (mostly), but one of the room lights still works. It's my first proper play with lighting and environment, it was a ball-ache. The beach before was simply just a sphere. I need more environments!

ruined building - scene1.jpg ruined building - scene2.jpg ruined building - scene3.5.5.jpg ruined building - scene3.jpg ruined building - scene4.jpg ruined building - scene4.5.jpg

Scenes not necessarily finished, if anyone has any ideas for me to explore further.

I also have another scene with pink lighting at home at night, but I'm going to do some post work on that and send it tomorrow.

Jun 3, 2018
So here's the scene I mentioned yesterday, decided on doing post cause realised the dark areas were my left monitor, not my right, think it' getting on a bit.

So lighting in this was troblesome too, not because of to set up lights and configuration, but because of the top-level settings of DAZ. Environment settings allow for using sun on some settings, but removing it completely on other.s At the same time, created lights only seem to work when the setting is set to "scene only", whereas the sun goes. Simulating the sun with a distant light wouldn't work, it couldn't penetrate the window, like it had before when sun and sky was selected. So I went for a low-light nightime scene.

quiet nook - scene 1_view2.jpg quiet nook - scene 2_view1.jpg quiet nook - scene 3_view1.jpg quiet nook - scene 3_view2.jpg quiet nook - scene 3_view4.jpg quiet nook - scene 4_view1.jpg quiet nook - scene 4_view2.jpg quiet nook - scene 4_view3.jpg quiet nook - scene 5 _view_1.jpg quiet nook - scene 5_view_2.jpg quiet nook - scene 5_view_3.jpg quiet nook - scene 5_view_4.jpg

To make matters more annoying, I've been trying to render an animation of the last two poses, where shes playing with herself, and then the toy. I'm half way into the first, and it's taken 14hrs - for what was going to be 40 frames at 30fps. I know the lighting is causing the scene to take longer to render, but it's silly its taking this long, even with reduced quality. I was hoping to do animated renders overnight, so 8hrs would have been okay, but this is taking the micky.

I'll post the animation when it's finally done, I still have some figuring out to do.

slackster

Feb 1, 2017
You artists have dialed in Dee pretty good

Lets see your skills on display on some Elena and see if anyone can surpass (in my opinion) the sexiest render of Elena so far found here:

• Hey there
Reactions: Stevemic and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
You artists have dialed in Dee pretty good

Lets see your skills on display on some Elena and see if anyone can surpass (in my opinion) the sexiest render of Elena so far found here:
I moved on from DMD Elena in favor of a slightly older, more curvy version I call Elle. Others can attempt to dial in a more 'DMD accurate' version if they want, I have her where I want her ATM...

(repost)

View attachment ElleWalking.mp4

Right click video window and choose loop to better appreciate the animation...

Jun 3, 2018
I moved on from DMD Elena in favor of a slightly older, more curvy version I call Elle. Others can attempt to dial in a more 'DMD accurate' version if they want, I have her where I want her ATM...

(repost)

View attachment 1496883

Right click video window and choose loop to better appreciate the animation...
I like the curvyness - she's not miles off the original. Are you happy to share this model?

Also, impressive work on the walk cycle, did you use DAZ for that?

In the spirit of animations, I've managed to get render times down my a factor of 10. I can render a slightly lesser quality animation in an hour and a bit with 20 frames at 30fps, or a better one at double the time (those below). What's weird is how the samples and time settings work in the progressive render tab. I figured out the approach when I cancelled a render after 30 seconds, where the quality wasn't miles off the usual 30 minutes it takes to render. It seems to be excessively making sure it's correct and will spend a great deal of time achieving that. So bringing samples right down to 600 and max time to 2500, I'm able to get essentially the same quality in a tenth of the time. Meaning I could render several animations overnight, or even as I work (figured out how to allocate set amount of cpu cores to DAZ)

Anyway, here's the results, there are 3 in this set:

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes